“They will ROB you!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Best Inn Hollywood

You added Best Inn Hollywood to your Saves list
Best Inn Hollywood
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1822 N Cahuenga Blvd, Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90028 (Hollywood)   |
Ranked #195 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Midlothian, Illinois
“They will ROB you!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Staff was EXTREMELY rude. Especially when I called to inquire about a $50 charge on my debit card. They charged for smoking in the room when we did not, as we are non smokers. When I called about this charge, the person with whom I spoke to would not let me get a word in, would not listen to me, talked over me, called me a liar, and even hung up. Very unprofessional. I am extremely upset with the way I was treated and will never return or recommend this hotel to friends.

The location is great. The room is decent for price/location, but of course not once you get home and see an additional charge taken from your account. We spent maybe 4 hours in the room. Checked in very late, took showers, went to the club and didn't return until about 7am. We had two young men walk us back to the hotel (safety), and were questioned by hotel staff as to how many people we had staying because they saw them. They were trying to sneak in charges for that, as well. We checked out within a couple of hours, well before check out time. We didn't even sleep in the beds. My rating is solely based off of how I was treated by the staff. Awful. The ultimate cost of this stay was definitely not worth it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

excellent location, tidy rooms, average bathrooms but clean, good parking, regular room service, free filtered coffee and donuts from 7am, overall a good experience which is a plus in my book and would stay again

Room Tip: upstairs and out the back although we were in the front cnr, street noise was hardly heard
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Spent few nights in this motel and truly enjoyed it! Much better than I expected it to be - for the price . Two short blocks behind Hollywood blvd, a short walk to Trader Joe (a great place to buy cheap organic food), short walk to starbucks, 10min walk to Kodak theatre- on one side -24 hr pharmacy across the street- the hills and Hollywood sign on another side(I recommend the hike!) Area is very safe. While walking towards the motel you will see the famous sign directly above it. My room was very clean and felt safe - the hotel has modern electronic key system installed and someone is at the office all the time. Everything was very clean and looked new - wooden window blinds keep the light totally away if you wish - great for tired travellers. You get : cable tv, small fridge , microwave, wireless internet, comfy bed , photo of someone very famous on the wall,coffee in the morning (did not try so don't know if good but they have it), computer in the office for guests.Staff is extremely helpful and nice - they literally go out of their way to assure you are happy with your stay was my impression.I arrived early before check in time and someone was there waiting and my room was ready waiting for me with air conditioner on. Don't know about parking- did not bring my car- parking lot was full with cars when was there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Holon, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We (a couple) stayed there 2 nights and.. I won't repeat it.
The pros -
1. Price. 85$+tax a night.
2. Comfy bed, and the room looks clean (towels and sheets too).
3. Free parking - ask to park in the near-by parking lot, saves a lot of trouble other people described here about parking.
4. The location is very comfortable if you're mainly planning to visit hollywood.

And for the cons -
1. the breakfast. it's coffe and a donut. I don't consider this breakfast.
2. The Wifi Internet was awful (slow and hardly working). For me it's an important utility in a hotel.
3. The blankets were old and I had a disturbing feeling of fleas, though never seen any.
4. The room itself was very dark - lighting not sufficient.

If you're planning to travel and not stay in the room a lot - this is a decent one to consider.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Other than limited parking we were very impressed with the cleanliness. We arrived about 8pm, a/c was running & room was very cool & comfortable. Fridge was on (unlike many places we've stayed & several hours to cool enough to be beneficial.) Carpet was older & worn, but I always wear slippers, regardless of hotel's name or rating. Sheets & towels very clean. And price was RIGHT. We checked out 7:30am, coffee & donuts were available.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

It has less charme than a lot motels before but the location is quiet good, prices are okay. Could be that there are not enough parking spaces and you have to park somewhere else. Wifi is okay, coffee and donuts are included.

• Stayed September 2012
worldwide Brits
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed here for about 3 weeks in November/Decermber 2011 over 2 separate stays. We were away for 6 months and spent 6 weeks on the West Coast of America. Being on a backpacker budget and at the end of our stay, this suited us fine for the following reasons:

It's just around the corner from Hollywood Boulevard and 10 -15 mins walk from Chinese Theatre etc.
The bus stop is 5 mins walk and you can get connections to almost anywhere from it.
The motel is clean, the bed is huge, the breakfast was OK, the Indian guy on reception reminded me of the dad in the Kumars at number 42.
Parking was fine for us.
Air con was fine, the TV not bad if a little buzzy.
We did have the room overlooking the main road rather than one with a window overlooking the walkway and car park so that was better for us.
The 7-11 is great - good chicken wings and pizza and friendly staff.

In all it was a great base and good value for what we wanted.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a window overlooking the street rather than one with a window overlooking the car p...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Best Inn Hollywood? Share your experiences!