“Yum!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Magnolia Bakery

Magnolia Bakery
8389 West 3rd Street, Los Angeles, CA (LAX Area)
Website
Neighborhood: LAX Area
Brisbane, Australia
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had a cupcake everyday whilst in New York and LA from Magnolia. They are super yummy. The Key Lime Cheesecake is also superb.

Visited June 2013

New York City, New York
“Cake is as good as NYC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We come from NYC and live right near the original. Although the one W 3rd St here is much larger, it does not possess the "feel" of the original. However, there are places to sit, eat and drink. Love the cakes; I think cupcakes are "yesterday", just skip 'em for a big slice. Get extra forks and make it a group meal.

Visited June 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Cupcakes!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

It was our first visit to L.A. celebrating 2 birthdays. The Orlando Hotel provided a complimentary cupcake and I decided to stop by for more! They were enjoyed by all!

Visited April 2013
Australia, Queensland
“Not worth the calories”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I purchased some of their cupcakes in New York because there was a queue and the shop was standing room only. I was really curious to taste what all the fuss was about. I was so disappointed especially with the red velvet. The icing on one of the cupcakes was so sweet it hurt my teeth! Anyway I read afterwards that their banana pudding was their standout item so I made a point of visiting them in LA. Boy what a storm in a teacup! Not worth the calories! I could whip that up at home in minutes but I wouldn't bother cause it's not all that!!!

Visited January 2013
London
“Nice place but could have handled order better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

The cakes are certainly spectacular here and we easily found a seat but it was a little disappointing when we ordered some cake that they didn't bother asking us if we were eating in. As there was no waitress service we ordered at the counter and our piece of coconut cake, which was very attractive stood upright, was dumped in a cardboard box sideways. We then had to eat it with plastic forks out of the box while sat at the table. No offer to put it on a plate or anything similar. We also ended up drinking our coffee's out of disposable cups. The cake was very nice but I expect a better service from a high end cafe particularly one with a quality reputation.

• Visited November 2011