“Birthday Celebration” 5 of 5 stars
Review of IRIS by Cirque du Soleil - CLOSED

IRIS by Cirque du Soleil
6801 Hollywood Blvd, Kodak Theatre, Los Angeles, CA 90034 (Hollywood)
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: IRIS A Journey through the World of Cinema(™), the first permanent production from Cirque du Soleil® in Los Angeles and taking up residence exclusively at the world-renowned Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center. IRIS is a lyrical, fanciful, kinetic foray through the world of cinema bringing together dance, acrobatics, live video, and filmed sequences and takes spectators on a fantastic voyage through the history of cinema and its genres.Featuring 72 performers, 200 costumes, 8,300 square feet of floor surface, 174 loudspeakers, 603 lighting features, 20 video projectors, and 166,000 watts of sound, IRIS joins the other Cirque du Soleil resident productions in scale, scope and size. IRIS is written and directed by French director-choreographer Philippe Decoufle, whose credits include opening and closing ceremonies of the 1992 Winter Olympics in Albertville. IRIS features music by Grammy® and Emmy Award® winner and Academy Award® nominee Danny Elfman.
Buena Park, California
5 attraction reviews
“Birthday Celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

So - my friend and I have a fun agreement. No gifts for our birthday.... let's just do something together fun. So off to a Cirque show. I truly loved this very entertaining show. I even bought a souvenir cup at the bar at intermission.

Visited January 2013

Los Angeles, California
10 attraction reviews
“Must Take Kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

You've gotta take kids to this great show. Their reactions to the stupendous acrobatics is worth the price of admission. They are fascinated and amazed to see humans doing things they've only seen in movies and on TV through special effects.

Visited August 2013
82 attraction reviews
“Good, but expensive / a Colorful show in a colorful area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

IRIS was the fifth Cirque du Soleil show we've seen and was enjoyable, but over priced. The Hollywood Blvd area is a colorful area to visit. Safe I'm sure, but be mindful of your surroundings. Not sure if the show is still running.

Visited November 2012
New Albany, Ohio
6 attraction reviews
“Disappointing for Cirque”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We've been to several Cirque du Soleil shows and been mesmorized by the talent, the costumes, and the choreography, so we eagerly looked forward to adding LA's Cirque show to our list. We were disappointed, especially given the cost of the tickets. The venue is smaller, the stage is quite small, and the show seemed shorter than others. Far less spectacular, almost boring. The acts were a little like 'old Hollywood', which is perhaps intentional, but left us wanting more. For those who wish to experience the magic that Cirque du Soleil has to offer, we'd suggest a different one of their shows.

Visited September 2013
Los Angeles, California
21 attraction reviews
“My first Cirque du Soleil”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I went to the show with my family. The show was great and involved many talented performers. The only thing is I felt the stage was too small at times and too many things were going on that my eyes couldn't decide what to focus on. Overall, it was a great experience and can't wait till my next Cirque du Soleil experience.

Visited November 2012