Stayed 3 nights in deluxe double room.
Side entrance on mezzanine level opens to 2nd floor of Hollywood & Highland Centre, where Dolby Theatre is located. We accessed the hotel from Hollywood Boulevard through this door instead of entrance along N Highland. Felt safer.
Superb location, perfect for all that we planned to do in Hollywood as below:
1) Movie at El Capitan Theatre - located right across H&H Centre so my worries about safety getting back to hotel with kids in tow after the show ended past 9pm was unwarranted. Watched 7pm Frozen movie. For guaranteed seating, book online in advance.
2) Universal Studios - Metro station is right at H&H Centre. One-way ride to Universal City station costs $1.50. The Tap card, onto which you add the value/fare required for the trips, costs $1.
3) Starline Hop-on Hop-off bus - Typically departs from Chinese Theatre but due to closure of Hollywood Boulevard for the Hollywood Xmas Parade on 1 Dec, the bus departed from Orange, about 3 mins walk from H&H Centre. Hopped off bus at Millions of Milkshake for celebrities milkshakes designed by Miley Cyrus, Cole and Dylan Sprouse and Debbie Ryan. Hopped off at Farmer's Market, too.
4) Madam Tussaud - Right at the corner of Orange after our tour on the Hop-on Hop-off bus.
The supermarket, Food for Less, is about 5 mins walk from H&H Centre. Cheap water at 99 cents for a gallon.
What did not score more than a 'Fair'?
1) Parking - The hotel itself did not have a car park. Self-parking for Hertz rental car is at H&H Centre (Loews Hollywood is one of Hertz rental location). We were unaware of this and valet staff did not inform us when we asked for directions. After parking the car, we had to lug our luggages through the shopping centre and into hotel via the side entrance on the mezzanine floor. On that day, lobby was under renovation and valet/concierge was at a side door near the entrance of car park. What valet should have done was at least ask if we had luggages to leave at the concierge and forewarn us about no direct access from car park to hotel.
2) Cleanliness of room - there were small feather-like particles on carpet around the beds, which remained in place for all 3 nights. Two strains of hair on bath room floor and one in bathtub when we checked in. Hairdryer was left on vanity top, out of the bag and I wondered if someone had just used the room before we got in.
3) Housekeeping - The only bars of soap we survived on for 3 nights were those available when we checked in (1 bath soap and 1 facial soap). No replenishment of fresh soap at all. No shower cap provided. Didn't believe in calling housekeeping for soap and shower caps as such standard items should be made available in a hotel such as Loews without having to ask, unless I was expecting too much.
4) Lighting - Floor lamp was not working when we checked in. Ran into a maintenance man outside the room and he got it fixed quickly. Thumbs up for that. Lighting was not the cozy warm light but more toward cool white light. Would prefer warmer lighting, though.
5) Plastic bag in ice bucket was not replaced throughout the 3 days.
So my experience is mixed for the hotel with a superb location but has much to work on.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Renaissance
- Renaissance Hollywood Hotel
- Renaissance Hollywood
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hollywood sign. The Hills. The Academy Awards. Jimmy Kimmel Live. The Hollywood Walk of Fame. The city’s major movie studios. This is the stuff a classic visit to Hollywood is made of—and a stay at Loews Hollywood Hotel puts you right in the middle of all the action. Whether it’s sightseeing, business or relaxation that brings you here, our 632 guestrooms and suites are the perfect place to unwind after a day in L.A.Just outside our doors is the expansive Hollywood & Highland Center—a hive of activity where you can shop, eat, hang out or host an event at the Dolby Theatre, home of the Academy Awards, with catering by Wolfgang Puck. We count Jimmy Kimmel’s studio as our neighbor and we’re close to the Hollywood Hills and the Hollywood Bowl.Our recently refreshed rooms have some of the best views in the city—choose from postcard-perfect views of the Hollywood sign, the Capitol Records building or the L.A. city skyline. When you’re ready for a little me time, head to our hotel’s rooftop pool and deck, or to the Exhale Spa for a spa treatment or yoga class. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, TravelClick, TripOnline SA, Otel, getaroom.com, Priceline, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Loews Hollywood Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.