“Would definitely stay here again” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Loews Hollywood Hotel

Save Saved
You added Loews Hollywood Hotel to your Saves list
Loews Hollywood Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1755 N Highland Ave, Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90028 (Central L.A)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Parking Package
Ranked #19 of 323 hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas
“Would definitely stay here again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Loews is located in the perfect location for sightseeing. We also appreciated close proximity to several eateries in the area. The room was spacious and very clean, and the gym was absolutely beautiful. The one downside of our stay was the fact that our shower was very slow to drain, and it seemed like the shower curtains were very thin as water seeped onto the bathroom floor. Aside from this, we really did like the hotel and would recommend to our friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

1,230 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I love the Loews in Nashville and this loews is also a favorite of mine- the rooms are clean, modern and comfortable. I'm a huge fan of their soap and lotion (orange blossom scent). On this trip to Los Angeles,however, housekeeping failed to replenish my room 2 out of three days! (I left a housekeeping tip in the bathroom along with a note "please leave a bar of soap"... the note and money were removed, but I came back to no soap!) I informed the front desk upon checkout. Disappointing.

TIPS- don't stay in the rooms that end with "7", as they share a wall with housekeeping elevators and are noisy.

I'll be back!!- the staff is VERY friendly, the hotel is clean, perfect location etc. I also love the functionality of the desk in the room- it separates out into 2 tables! PERFECT furniture design.

Room Tip: Rooms that end in "7" are noisy.** They share a wall with the service elevator/housekeepi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I recently went to Hollywood on Business and stayed at the Loews Hollywood for almost two weeks, in the middle of which fell the Oscars. It turned out to be a business trip to Hollywood's golden years, as this ideally situated hotel put me right in the heart of the fantasy and history that is Hollywood.

I had the breakfast buffet at Preston's a couple of times, pretty much anything you want for a big breakfast. I ate at the Starbucks in the lobby most days, you can charge it to your room as well.

I used the spa services three times. Exhale's best feature is massage therapist Dean and the Amenities: steam room, showers, tea, amazing robes, and a back room for resting, recuperating, waiting, reading...it put me in mind of Morocco, but for all the Buddha's. The throws on these futon beds in white stucco grottos, adorned with multicolored pillows, are so soft I checked for the fabric. They are woven from Bamboo, which was a first for me. I loved taking a little half hour massage and then taking my time.

You can walk through the mezzanine of this hotel and exit to Hollywood and Highland shopping center, Grauman's Chinese Theater, the Walk of Fame, and about a dozen souvenir shops, tour busses, etc. The legendary Roosevelt Hotel is about a block away, but it looks like a vampire den, all red and black and Goth. I liked my hotel better.

There is a grocery store, an LA Fitness, CVS, DSW and many down to earth locations as well. My trip lasted two weeks, and I wish I had found the grocery store sooner. It's only half a block away, under the LA Fitness.

Another thing you should check out if you stay here is Loteria Mexican Grill at Hollywood and Cherokee.

Right next to the hotel is the Hollywood and Highland Metro stop, which I took twice to visit friends. I had drivers for the work side, and this very convenient Metro stop allowed me to take some day trips on my time off, without having to rent a car.

My room had floor to ceiling windows along an entire wall, allowing me a panoramic view from the Hollywood sign all the way to downtown. The Oscars taking place right next door let me catch glimpses of stars like Michael Douglas and Adele. My friends came over for an Oscar watching party, and we enjoyed room service, took pics with the giant Oscar in Preston's, and had a good time.

All the staff I came in contact with was nice. Concierge, valet, front desk, bellman...everyone.

I wish room service were 24 hours, because I got in late one night and the only option was a pizza menu. The Starbucks will give you a Wi-fi code if you eat there, otherwise you need to pay. Mini-bar is Ok, too much Red Bull, not enough juice. Bedding and room furnishings are great, and that window is a trip. Did my morning meditations floating above Los Angeles... Only at the Loews Hollywood.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Hollywood sign. The sign is an icon, the hills around it are lovely, can...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Guadalajara, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Loews Hollywood hotel is perfectly located at the heart of Hollywood, it is just around the corner of the metro station and a half block away from the Hollywood boulevard, which basically has it all, you can easily move to the universal or warner bros studios in metro..besides it is connected to the highland center, so if you want to have breakfast/lunch/dinner you can do it there and have a lot of options in a lot of prices.

Every employee there is super nice, they make you feel at home, they always opened the door for us with a big smile, saying welcome, hello, have a great day.

We stayed in a junior suite, was perfect! big room, big bathroom, I only have one thing that I didn’t like, and that is why I don’t give to the hotel a 5 star rating, the cleaning service in the toilet was not that good, it only did the basic, like changing the towels, and putting new amenities, but the toilet seem kind of dirty, which was really surprising for this kind of hotel – I should had contacted the concierge for this, but we always got to the hotel really tired after a long day, so basically what I only wanted to do was have some sleep instead of complying to the concierge.

Room Tip: Junior suite with a hollywood sign view
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Norcross, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We recently stayed here for three nights, and as many people have said, the location of this hotel is truly amazing! You are literally in the heart of Hollywood, only minutes away from the Walk of Fame and other great attractions like Ripley’s Believe It or Not and the Hollywood Wax Museum. The hotel is also attached to the Hollywood and Highland Center Mall which is filled with retail stores, eateries, and even a first-class movie theater. In addition, there are also several delicious restaurants surrounding the hotel itself.

The room we stayed in was hip and trendy and well-cleaned. When we checked in, the bathroom sink was leaking, but the problem was quickly and politely handed by one of the kindest maintenance persons my husband and I have ever met. In fact, most employees at this hotel were extremely friendly. Even when we passed staff members in the hallway, they took the time to say hello and ask how we were doing.

I found it incredibly thoughtful that a staff member who was vacuuming the hallway near the elevator stopped vacuuming as soon as we appeared and greeted us and then waited for us to get on the elevator before returning to his task. At check-out, Frederick at the front desk was incredibly nice and answered each of my zillion questions with a sincere smile.

In this hotel, there is this attitude that every guest is truly important, and this outlook made our entire visit pleasant. At the Lowe’s Hollywood hotel, you do not have to be a celebrity to get star treatment. Because of this, we will definitely return here the next time we are in Los Angeles.

Room Tip: Request a higher room because the streets are quite noisy at time.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I arrived without a reservation and was upgraded to a fantastic room overlooking the entire city and the "Hollywood" sign. The hotel is attached to the Highland shopping mall and steps away from the famous Chinese Theatre. It’s at the heart of the tourist oriented area. The metro (subway) is also steps away as well as buses heading into Beverly Hills or going to the beach in Santa Monica. You can also take it straight to Universal Studios. People say there is no public transit in LA but I took a train from San Diego or Fullerton to the LA Subway and straight to this hotel.
The room rate was incredibly reasonable for the location and quality of the hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful. My late checkout was accommodated and everything went smoothly. The rooms were impeccably clean and the “rooftop” pool is very cool. My only issue was bizarre experiences were I pulled my blackberry out of this electrical socket (in a nightstand lamp) and sparks flew accompanied by a bang. They sent a friendly repair man within minutes who replaced the lamp and my phone was undamaged
They also have a business centre for printing your airplane tickets for free but other uses of the computer involve a fee.
In summary, a fantastic hotel at a reasonable price in an amazing location.

Room Tip: If you can get upgraded to a top floor with a view it is worth it.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Ossett, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Lovely hotel, great rooms, ask for a high floor because the views are amazing, very good location to explore LA! The staff were very helpful and accommodated my requests for a room with a view. I would definitely stay in this hotel again. The area can be a bit seedy but as long as you are sensible you shouldn't encounter any problems.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Loews Hollywood Hotel? Share your experiences!