“Great for tourists” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Loews Hollywood Hotel

Save Saved
You added Loews Hollywood Hotel to your Saves list
Loews Hollywood Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1755 N Highland Ave, Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90028 (Central L.A.)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Parking Package
Ranked #24 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles, California
“Great for tourists”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I live in LA and had a business conference at the Loews Hollywood Hotel. The service is excellent. Everyone from valet who makes you feel like a VIP to housekeeping to the front desk. The rooms are clean, spacious and minimalist. Nothing fancy but everything you need. The beds are very comfortable, there is an in room safe, and an adjustable modern desk and multiple outlets to plug in all our gadgets around the room.

The main conference room is spacious and the food was excellent. The stairs and escalators were cumbersome but you get used to it. The breakout sessions with 500 people using all small conference rooms is a physical nightmare as the hall is too small.

The best part is the location of the hotel. The shopping center is an e tension of the hotel with the best shops and restaurants. You're right on highland and can walk around sunset blvd and enjoy the sights.

The only complaint I have which is hard to fix in such a large hotel is the paper thin walls. I could hear my neighbors, but worst of all I heard everyone who walked by. My room was across from the elevators so I heard the bing every time . There is a gap under the door and it allows all the noise to amplify. Unfortunately that severely ruined my sleep.

Room Tip: Stay far away from the elevators.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Sean S, Manager at Loews Hollywood Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. We are glad to know that the hotel’s amazing location served you well during your visit.

Our goal is indeed to ensure that all of our guests have a memorable experience.

We look forward to being of service to you in the future.

1,120 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Turkish first
Baltimore Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I have stayed at Loews Hollywood hotel four times now. I used to stay at the Roosevelt, and while I still like that hotel, I have to say that as long as I can afford it I will stay here whenever in Hollywood area from now. Very nice, big rooms. I usually stay in a junior suite. Even in the off season (is there really any off season for LA?) you are going to pay over $200 a room usually, but there are not to many places this nice in area that you won't. I love how the hotel is attached to Hollywood and Highland shopping area, it's just a 5 minutes elevator ride and walk from almost any room in the hotel. Good shopping, great dining only minutes away. Also only minutes away from Graumans and the walk of fame. A great hotel located in the center of the action in Hollywood area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your loyalty to the Loews Hollywood Hotel.

We are so very pleased to that you are able to take advantage of the hotel’s iconic location in the heart of Hollywood.

On your next visit be certain to say hello. It will be a pleasure to welcome you back.

Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I must agree with the taxi driver that drove me from the airport to this hotel. It is the best hotel in Los Angeles. Well, at least in its price range. The staff is very professional and polite. It has the best location in Hollywood. The room is spacious and clean. Excellent.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
James H, Manager at Loews Hollywood Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for your feedback.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our spacious accommodations and that our team delivered such an excellent experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Happy New Year from Loews Hollywood Hotel!
Warm regards,

James Howald
VIP Services Manager
Syracuse, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times, but when it made the changeover from a Marriott Renaissance to Loews this summer, my July stay was a pain. There was an error in reservations. Then there was an error in payent and I was double charged. When I disputed and said I found the whole thing quite irritating as it is still be dealt with in December I was told by billing to "be mindful of who I was talking to, I was not talking to the front desk." I did not expect to be chastised for their error. Needless to say, my semi-annual visits will not be spent at Loews, Hollywood. They are not nearly the same caliber service-wise as the Marriott. I don't like to feel like I'm an intrusion when I'm far from home.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sean S, Manager at Loews Hollywood Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Loews Hollywood Guest,

Please accept my apologies on the billing error you encountered and any confusion resulting from the transition of the hotel to the Loews Hollywood earlier this year. I can understand your frustration working almost 6 months to resolve it. Please contact me at your convenience and I will work with you directly to correct it.

ssteenson@loewshotels.com
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Had a fantastic experience at the hotel. Great location, friendly and helpful staff, very nice rooms. We loved be walking distance to the Hollywood/Highland Center where there is plenty of food and things to do. Highly recommend the banana oatmeal brule for breakfast, wow!!!!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback.
The banana oatmeal brule is one of my favorites too!
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Espoo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The location is absolutely the best possible. The most interesting places to see were very easily accessible. The rooms were very good - especially the beds - and the staff was very friendly. If we ever come back this will be our hotel again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Nova Scotia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We just got back from a week in Hollywood CA and stayed at the best hotel there! As soon as we came to the front door we were welcomed with a smile from the valets, who were more than accomodating to find you a cab or answer a question about the area. The front desk personel were always friendly and eager to help. The concierge was able to help us find the best way to travel and naviagate around Hollywood and stated that 'No' was not a word used at Loews. We stayed in a suite with a view of the Hollywood sign; it was very spacious with a retro style of decor. We found the hotel in general very clean and tidy at all times. The little things also stood out like a welcoming glass of iced lemonade was always available in the check-in area, and having 6 elevators so waiting for one was never an issue. We were always greeted with a smile from every staff member we encountered, and we were always made to feel welcome.

Room Tip: Choose a suite if you can afford it, they are quite nice.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
We are thrilled to know that you concurred with your driver and found Loews Hollywood Hotel to be one of the best hotels in Los Angeles.

It is great to hear that you had such an exceptional experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Loews Hollywood Hotel

Been to Loews Hollywood Hotel? Share your experiences!