“Ideal location, great staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Loews Hollywood Hotel

Save Saved
You added Loews Hollywood Hotel to your Saves list
Loews Hollywood Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1755 N Highland Ave, Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90028 (Central L.A.)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Parking Package
Ranked #24 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Clear Island Waters, Gold Coast
“Ideal location, great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

My sister and I relocated to this hotel in August 2010 after our original accommodation fell through. At the time of staying, this property was the Renaissance, not Loews.

We found all of the staff to be very accommodating and friendly right from the get go..especially after they learnt of our mishap with another hotel.

The location of this property is ideal..on the corner of Highland and Hollywood...the hotel is across the road from the Disney Soda Store and El Capitan Theatre (we saw Toy Story 3 there and loved the atmosphere).
The hotel is also directly behind a shopping centre, Madame Tussauds and Graumans..so a tourist hot-spot in other words.
Ripleys Believe it or Not, Guiness World Record Museum, Hollywood Wax Museum and the Hollywood Museum are also across the road and within a five minute walk (if that).

We found the proximity to the subway very convenient too and never felt unsafe about catching it to and from Universal City.

Our room had two queen beds and offered a view of the Kodak Theatre and Hollywood Blvd.
The room was spacious, well presented and very comfortable.

The hotel also offers a swimming pool and gym...although we did not use either as we were out and about the whole time.

We are returning to the States next year in May and have booked to stay at the start and end of our trip..very much looking forward to it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

1,120 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Turkish first
Phila area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Our family of 5 were vacationing in California from NJ. We left right after Sandy hit and Hallowen was postponed, so my kids missed it this year. We were meeting with Tyler the concierge trying to book a tour of Hollywood and Beverly Hills. He gave us great advice and hooked us up with a private tour. While doing this we mentioned that we were enjoyingnCalifornia but our kids were a little sad about missing Halloween.
About a 1/2 hour later we get a knock on our door and there is Tyler holding a brown bag full of Candy and other goodies for our kids so they could have their own Halloween. The smiles and joy on my kids faces was priceless.
As others have stated the location is great and we found the hotel clean and comfortable.
We would stay here again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sean S, Manager at Loews Hollywood Hotel, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Hollywood Guest

Thank you very much for staying with us and I am happy to ready you enjoyed your stay in Hollywod. Also, thank you for the kind comments regarding Tyler. He is one of our best and is always discovering new and interesting venues in our city he is able to share with our guests. I am glad to learn he made an impression with your family as well as created some nice memories. I will make sure he is recognized by the whole team.

Thank you again and safe travels!

Mid Florida, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

For the price, you really can't beat the location- right in the middle of all the classic Hollywood tourist sites. We stayed here to go to the Disney Soda Fountain, which was just across the street- we could not have gotten closer! I really liked the yummy lemonade available at the check-in counter. It is also awesome that from the hotel you can walk out the back directly to the shopping "mall." The two negatives-- the walls are pretty thin-- we could hear a baby crying about six rooms down the hall, and also- there are no stairs available to use except for emergencies. This might sound like an odd thing to complain about, but elevators make me sick, so I always opt for the stairs, no matter how high. We were on the 13th floor and the only option was the elevator, so I just went up and down once. Overall, though- we enjoyed our stay!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Wollongong, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Lobby is good with a bar area and lounge area.
Location is excellent with internal access to shopping centre next door which is right next to Graumans Theatre.
For a hotel of this size, the room was basic but neat. Disappointing not to have a sofa to watch tv.

Room Tip: If you prefer to watch tv from a sofa ask for a room with one in it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Panama City, Panama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed in this hotel about 6 months ago when it was a Renaissance when they told me that it was going to become a Loews Hotel. I stayed with my family during Thanksgiving, and I am sorry to say that I did not see any improvements. For me, the service is worst than before. My main complaint is that the hotel did not have a Concierge, which is one of the reasons why you pay for this type of accommodations. I had to make my own arrangements. Another complaint is that room service took a long time to retrieve dishes from the aisles.

Needless to say, the location is great, and most of the people that work there were very nice and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sean S, Manager at Loews Hollywood Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay over Thanksgiving.
Thank your for your feedback.

We are proud of the team we have here and pleased to know you found them to be helpful.

It is concerning to hear that you were given the impression that our concierge desk was inaccessible.

The lobby concierge desk is open seven days a week from 7:00am to 11:00pm.
If the concierge team or I may be of further assistance, at any time, do not hesitate to call.

You may reach a member of our team twenty four hours as day at 323 856 1200.

Warm Regards,

Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed here with my partner in September 2012 for a holiday we took to the USA. We wanted somewhere well located and I have to say this is probably the best located hotel I've stayed at. We had a gorgeous view of the hills and the Hollywood sign, which was just surreal for visitors to Hollywood, plus the most comfortable soft beds ever. It is attached to the Hollywood & Highland Centre (center), which has some great restaurants and excellent shopping. Even better is that you're a 1 minute (if that!) walk away from the Hollywood walk of fame...couldn't get a better spot. This is great for tourists, as it is right near buses, taxi's, tours and a 2 minute walk to Grauman's Chinese Theatre. You have to accept that it isn't cheap, but you get what you pay for. I would recommend this to any one going to Hollywood!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Great hotel, good location, staff was very friendly. Rooms clean and big. We could get just about anywhere easily from this site. Pool was terrific for the kids. Room was comfortable, although I thought it had a kitchenette in it - only the very expensive bar. I would have preferred a small refrigerator with children. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Overlook Hollywood sign
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
The fifth floor pool is great fun! Glad to know that your little one enjoyed it.

We would be delighted to ensure that a refrigerator is placed in your room on future visits.

Please call at your leisure and we will note the need for a refrigerator on your reservation profile.

You may reach a member of our team twenty four hours as day at 323 856 1200.

Warm Regards,

Loews Hollywood Hotel

Been to Loews Hollywood Hotel? Share your experiences!