“Awesome location, decent hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Loews Hollywood Hotel

You added Loews Hollywood Hotel to your Saves list
Loews Hollywood Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1755 N Highland Ave, Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90028 (Central L.A)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Parking Package
Ranked #18 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Mid Florida, Florida
“Awesome location, decent hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

For the price, you really can't beat the location- right in the middle of all the classic Hollywood tourist sites. We stayed here to go to the Disney Soda Fountain, which was just across the street- we could not have gotten closer! I really liked the yummy lemonade available at the check-in counter. It is also awesome that from the hotel you can walk out the back directly to the shopping "mall." The two negatives-- the walls are pretty thin-- we could hear a baby crying about six rooms down the hall, and also- there are no stairs available to use except for emergencies. This might sound like an odd thing to complain about, but elevators make me sick, so I always opt for the stairs, no matter how high. We were on the 13th floor and the only option was the elevator, so I just went up and down once. Overall, though- we enjoyed our stay!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
  • Turkish first
Wollongong, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Lobby is good with a bar area and lounge area.
Location is excellent with internal access to shopping centre next door which is right next to Graumans Theatre.
For a hotel of this size, the room was basic but neat. Disappointing not to have a sofa to watch tv.

Room Tip: If you prefer to watch tv from a sofa ask for a room with one in it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Panama City, Panama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed in this hotel about 6 months ago when it was a Renaissance when they told me that it was going to become a Loews Hotel. I stayed with my family during Thanksgiving, and I am sorry to say that I did not see any improvements. For me, the service is worst than before. My main complaint is that the hotel did not have a Concierge, which is one of the reasons why you pay for this type of accommodations. I had to make my own arrangements. Another complaint is that room service took a long time to retrieve dishes from the aisles.

Needless to say, the location is great, and most of the people that work there were very nice and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sean S, Manager at Loews Hollywood Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay over Thanksgiving.
Thank your for your feedback.

We are proud of the team we have here and pleased to know you found them to be helpful.

It is concerning to hear that you were given the impression that our concierge desk was inaccessible.

The lobby concierge desk is open seven days a week from 7:00am to 11:00pm.
If the concierge team or I may be of further assistance, at any time, do not hesitate to call.

You may reach a member of our team twenty four hours as day at 323 856 1200.

Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed here with my partner in September 2012 for a holiday we took to the USA. We wanted somewhere well located and I have to say this is probably the best located hotel I've stayed at. We had a gorgeous view of the hills and the Hollywood sign, which was just surreal for visitors to Hollywood, plus the most comfortable soft beds ever. It is attached to the Hollywood & Highland Centre (center), which has some great restaurants and excellent shopping. Even better is that you're a 1 minute (if that!) walk away from the Hollywood walk of fame...couldn't get a better spot. This is great for tourists, as it is right near buses, taxi's, tours and a 2 minute walk to Grauman's Chinese Theatre. You have to accept that it isn't cheap, but you get what you pay for. I would recommend this to any one going to Hollywood!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Great hotel, good location, staff was very friendly. Rooms clean and big. We could get just about anywhere easily from this site. Pool was terrific for the kids. Room was comfortable, although I thought it had a kitchenette in it - only the very expensive bar. I would have preferred a small refrigerator with children. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Overlook Hollywood sign
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
The fifth floor pool is great fun! Glad to know that your little one enjoyed it.

We would be delighted to ensure that a refrigerator is placed in your room on future visits.

Please call at your leisure and we will note the need for a refrigerator on your reservation profile.

You may reach a member of our team twenty four hours as day at 323 856 1200.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed two nights and was amazed how close this was to the strip. Easy access to a good sized mall. Definitely a lot to do in walking distance. It was a beautiful room and hotel. I would recommend this hotel. The option of self-parking was nice and cheaper than other hotels in Hollywood at 10 dollars a day. Had a room with a view of the pool. Washroom and room itself were large and spacious and very clean. Excellent value. Awesome!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Merced
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The room was comfortable and quiet even though it overlooked N. Highland. I love the fact that it was connected to a multilevel mall. I would definitely return with my family, because I think its location is great and its offerings would meet the various needs of each of us.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
It is wonderful to hear that your business trip was a memorable success.

We look forward to welcoming you back with your family soon!

Loews Hollywood Hotel

Been to Loews Hollywood Hotel? Share your experiences!