“Not impressed with being charged for basic services.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Loews Hollywood Hotel

Save Saved
You added Loews Hollywood Hotel to your Saves list
Loews Hollywood Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1755 N Highland Ave, Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90028 (Central L.A)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Parking Package
Ranked #17 of 323 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Vancouver, Canada
“Not impressed with being charged for basic services.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

There's nothing I love more than paying ~$50 a day for self-parking and a substandard internet connection.

Self parking at the hotel is $10 each time you park, so if you'd like to park and then drive around later in the day, expect to pay each time you return to the hotel. It's also a hike from the hotel.

WiFI was $15 a day. Barely got 50Kps. I would consider this a standard service in 2012. Mcdonald's does better.

Hotel had a lot of positives, but paying for internet and parking is a deal breaker for me.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
  • Turkish first
Westmount, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I kept getting lost, even though the conference I was attending was technically in the same hotel that I was staying. The main events were on the 5th floor in an auditorium that was actually in an adjacent structure. Other events and conference rooms were on the 3rd floor. I would have thought it was just me, but several other of the 800 conference attendees were often lost with me, looking for where we were supposed to be going.

That said, the overall facilities were quite nice. Food was of above average quality for a conference, and the grounds were well kept. Location would have been more appealing if this was a personal as opposed to a business trip and I could take advantage of it. Rooms were adequate...nothing particularly fancy but my room did have a great view. I went to the gym three times, and the fairly new treadmills, bikes, ellipticals, dumbells, and single "universal" machine were good enough for me.

The staff were also quite nice. The front desk person helped to sort an error in my reservation with courtesy and efficiency. The bell desk lady who stored my bag after checkout was also quite pleasant.

My biggest issue was probably that the wireless internet went out for about 18 hours during my visit, and I was still levied a charge.

Overall, the experience at the Loews Hollywood Hotel was fine...for a business trip.

Room Tip: My room on the 17th floor had a fantastic view of both the Hollywood sign and also downtown Los Ange...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We were here for a far-too-fast stay, but were very impressed with the hotel and staff. It is in a great location, and has clean rooms, VERY comfy beds, and a wonderful staff to boot. I can't say a negative word about this hotel and would absolutely return here if we had to the chance.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My sister and I just got back from a girl weekend in LA, and we stayed at Loews Hollywood. Great hotel in the midst of hollywood. Literally a 2 minute walk from great shopping, dining and tourist attractions. Tyler at the concierge desk gave us great restaurant and nightlife advice. We tried a mexican restaurant ony Tylers advice, Loteria. Delicious, authentic mexican food for a great price and the margritas are to die for. Another great gem of a restaurant is 25 degrees in the Roosevelt hotel. Amazing Burgers! California Pizza kitchen had great food, atmosphere and price. Hotel was perfect for first time LA travelers. Only bummer....hotel breakfast very expensive...go to Mels Diner instead...and WIFI not included.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with my husband whilst attending a conference in LA.
Great location, few steps away from walk of fame, Dolby theatre and Chinese theatre and 2 minutes walk from metro station.
The staff are so helpful here, v polite and nothing is too much trouble. When we checked in I asked if our room had a view is the Hollywood sign and as it didn't, they moved us straight away.
The room was huge with 2 king size beds! Coffee making facilities, sky tv. No free wifi though.
The outdoor pool is lovely with bar service pool side.
This hotel is expensive but you're paying for what you get. Great service, comfortable room and fabulous location. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel for my travel in LA. It gave me a good feelings, the staff are nice, the room are nice and the location is really convenient. The best thing is there is a corridor linkage between the hotel and the mall next to it!!
The view are good too, we can see the Hollywood log from our room, also they have gave us enought room key according to the number of people stayed.
Last but not least, all the staff are really nice, they provided stunning service to us, once they saw our heavy laguage, they immediately help us which gave me an unforgettable service!!
If I travel to LA again, I must stay in this hotel!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights for a meeting downtown. Good clean hotel. Decoration a bit dated but OK. Good rate on Expedia. Easy connection to downtown by subway. Also very convenient to entertainment, shopping - next door to Grunmans Chinese theatre. Bottom line - I was very satisfied

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Loews Hollywood Hotel? Share your experiences!