“#1 Hollywood & Highland Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Loews Hollywood Hotel

You added Loews Hollywood Hotel to your Saves list
Loews Hollywood Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1755 N Highland Ave, Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90028 (Central L.A)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Parking Package
Ranked #18 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
New Jersey
“#1 Hollywood & Highland Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

This was a former Renaissance hotel until it was recently changed to a Lowes hotel. I have been here several times for business conferences and meetings.

The nicest part of this hotel is the location. This is Hollywood and Highland where the world's famous Grauman's Chinese Theater featuring the handprints of iconic celebrities, major movie premieres, other Hollywood events are held.

This is a happening place. I have been here for several Disney events. I love this hotel and especially the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (421)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We were on a tight but fun schedule our first night and had an issue with the room we were given....I would've changed rooms, but we just didn't have time. When I was finally able to explain to Loews, they took great care of us.
The hotel itself was great--best location in Hollywood for the Bowl and other locations. We loved the modern room design and will definitely be back...and based on our experience with management, we will be looking to stay at other Loews properties.

• Stayed October 2012
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Our family stayed in a junior suite for 3 nights and we had a terrific time. We found all the staff very helpful and friendly. The pool was nice and at a comfortable temperature. Great position in the middle of Hollywood.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Gulf Beaches, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was in Hollywood for 4 nitghts while attending the Boutique Lifestyle and Lodging Association symposium. The property is beautiful and connected to the Dolby Theater and shopping mall. I received polite attentive service from the moment that I drove onto the property. The rooms were spacious and well appointed. Nice furniture, large flat screen, ample desk space, in room coffee and comfortable beds. The gym seemed a little small for this property but I never had to wait for an elliptical. The public spaces were very nice with plenty of room to meet with clients and colleagues. I received excellent service in the lounge area which also had a full service menu. If you need a central Hollywood location this is an excellent choice. Safe travels!

Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights in mid October.  I previously had stayed at this hotel 5 or 6 times when it was called the Renaissance.  Generally the hotel looks the same and staff are still friendly and polite.  I checked in late and while I had booked a room with a king size bed was told they only had rooms with 2 double beds,  I don't know why as the purpose of a reservation and credit card on file is to hold the room.  They offered to give me the room the following day but I would have to pack up in the morning, drop off my bags with the bellhop and come back later In the afternoon to get a new room.  Not worth the hassle.
The room I had was pretty clean and the cleaning staff did a good job cleaning each day too.  When I checked in there was some dark women's hair on the white bathroom floor but it was cleaned after my first night when they did the intermediate cleaning.  The bathrooms also have a very thin and cheap shower curtain and doesn't properly spread across the entire shower/tub length.   On my first night i found the shower curtain flying around soi pointed the shower head against the curtain which worked except the bathroom flooded halfway across the bathroom floor.  The next day i pointed the shower head against the tiled wall and with the curtain flapping water still got out on the bathroom floor but no where near as bad - just enough that the towel they give you for the floor was soaked thru.  My room was also spacious and had a good view of both downtown and the Hollywood sign which was nice.  The only other issue I experienced was my room key stopped working on my second day and I had to return to the lobby for them to reprogram.  Overall it's a very nice 4 star with a great location.

Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Check in was fast and efficient. Only area that let them down was the valet staff out the front of the hotel. We had to grapple with our own bags with no offers help.

Rooms were a lovely size and spotlessly clean. Beds were super comfortable. Room service menu was very limited for families, but there are lots of eating places nearby. The room service menu was so "trendy" that my daughter just couldn't find anything that she would eat. Families need a few plain choices please.

Location is perfect if you want to do the Hollywood walk of fame etc. Lots of great shopping nearby. I would be very happy to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This hotel is in the heart of Hollywood next to the walk of fame and Kodak theater etc. It is a very modern and beautiful hotel. They have great service and a friendly staff. At check in the young lady was very nice and professional. I gave her a $20 tip and asked her if she could either give me a nice view or a bigger room. She gave me a very nice room on the 20th floor with a fantastic city view. The room was a few doors away from the elevator I slept great no noise.( I truely believe if you want the front desk agent to take care of you need to take care of them. I hate when I check people in and they are so pushy and cheap just trying to get something for nothing.) The rooms were modern, clean, and spacious. All the staff I encountered where very nice, helpful, and professional. They have happy hour and a piano bar. I love the fact that the hotel is attached to a mall with great shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Tip your front desk agent. They will take care of you.