Loews Hollywood is a great property with wonderful service and facilities. I was here for four days attending a pubic transit conference (Rail-Volution) at the Loews without a car. Hollywood is rather tacky, but all the services you need are close by. The hotel is contemporary and stylish, and all the staff are genuinely friendly. We arrived at the hotel at 2:00A exhausted after a difficult travel day from Portland, and we were upgraded to a one room suite!
LA Metro Red Line Hollywood/Highland station is next to the hotel, giving you direct and fast access to downtown LA and other parts of LA given connections on other Metro lines.
1) Location is great with easy access to public transit. One stop on the Red Line (2 minutes) to Universal City and about 20 minutes to Union Station and downtown LA. Frequent service from Union Station to LAX via Flyaway shuttle. Many restaurants just steps away from the hotel.
2) Contemporary rooms, most likely still a holdover from the Renaissance brand. The hotel, reportedly, will be undergoing a renovation with the change to the Loews brand.
3) Very spacious fitness room well equipped with treadmills, ellipticals, recumbent and upright cycles.
4) Large outdoor infinity pool next to the fitness room perfect for laps. I would estimate the length at about 25 yards.
1) $12.95 internet charge; $38 valet parking charge
2) Very poor in-room coffee
I will definitely return to the Loews on a future trip to the LA area, especially if the Hollywood/Westwood/Universal City area is my focus.