“Small hotel in big city” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Hotel Wilshire, a Kimpton Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Hotel Wilshire, a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
The Hotel Wilshire, a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6317 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90048 (Central L.A)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekends at Wilshire
Ranked #43 of 323 hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Southampton
“Small hotel in big city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed here to see the sights of LA for the last 3 days of our road trip vacation. The hotel only offers valet parking at 32 dollars a day. I moved our car to the lot next door which offers self parking for 12 dollars a day, no brainer... The staff at the Wilshire are super polite and attentive, I complained about the first room we were given due to an odd odour and also the carpet had obviously not been cleaned. Tommy on reception resolved this matter without question and provided us with an alternative room. Wine is provided between 5pm and 6pm in the lobby which was a nice touch. We found the hop-on-hop-off tour bus stop which is a little walk down Wilshire blvd, using the bus we managed to see the main sights of LA and Santa Barbara beach etc. Beverly hills and Rodeo drive are walkable from the hotel, probably under 2 miles away.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Ashley G, General Manager at The Hotel Wilshire, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear Traveler,

I love seeing reviews complimenting our amazing staff! We all definitely work hard to make sure our guests are well taken care of, so hearing that we were polite and attentive means a lot to us. I'm so sorry that the first room you received was not up to par. I am glad to hear, however, that Tommy at the Front Desk was able to quickly recover the situation and move you to another room. Regardless, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this caused. I'm so glad that you got to take advantage of our evening Wine Hour and that you found the location of our hotel to be well suited for sightseeing.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to LA!

324 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
ukguyz
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We had booked this hotel for the last 3 nights of our holiday. We arrived at the hotel in the early afternoon and we pulled into the valet parking. The reception staff were fast and very efficient. The first room we were given has a very strong smell in it and only after we had been in the room for 20 mins did we notice that the floor of the room was not very clean. We contacted reception and the moved us to another room. The rooms are well finished and every room has easy to use controls for air conditioning. The bathroom looked okay but we had a silly deep soaking tub with a shower over it, and this could not be used as the plug did not work properly so we could not use the bath at all. It is also very high so was a little difficult to get out of when you were finished your shower. I also had the same problem with the basin with the plug not closing the drain correctly. The cleaning of the rooms was a little sparce the first morning with only the bed being made and the towels being changed and not a lot else (even the glasses that we had used were still dirty) this was done correctly the 2nd morning. Found the bed to be very comfortable to sleep in and the pillows and bedding to be of a very good quality. We would use this hotel again if we visit L.A.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Traveler,

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit this review. I am so sorry that there were a few hiccups upon arrival regarding cleanliness. That is definitely not feedback we hear often, so I assure you we take it seriously. I'm glad we were able to move you to another room without delay. I am also happy to hear that you found our Front Desk staff to be fast and efficient. It's wonderful that despite a few Housekeeping issues, you were still very pleased with the hotel. We hope that you'll keep us mind whenever your travels bring you back to LA.

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Excellent new small hotel, in the Kimpton manner. Rooftop bar, restaurant, and pool (on seventh floor) are enticing. Rooms are attractive with excellent bathrooms. Your room probably won't have much of a view. Tiny lobby. Can be very good value if you hit the right day; otherwise pretty standard rates. Be sure you check the street address; it's easy to sail past it on busy Wilshire.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Traveler,

Wow! What a great review! I'm so glad that your experience lived up to what you've come to expect from a Kimpton hotel. As part of the Kimpton transition, we are working on making the exterior of the hotel more noticeable to passersby. I'm happy to see that you got the chance to experience our amazing rooftop and found our rooms to be attractive and comfortable. I truly hope you'll keep us in mind for your next visit to LA.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I booked this hotel for its proximity to CBS Studios which was about a mile away, but walkable.

I thought it was a really good value. I liked being able to go to the gym about a block away, LACMA close, hop-on hop-off tour bus close, staff very helpful, happy hour was nice, the room was great, and I liked the dining options across the street.

I was very happy with my decision to stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Traveler,

What an amazing review! I love to see our hotel being described as perfect, since that is truly our goal - to give our guests a perfect experience. I'm so glad that you found the hotel to be centrally located with many great sightseeing and dining options in the immediate area. And yes, our Wine Hour is definitely a nice perk and a great way to unwind after a long day.

I hope we see you again soon!

Fairfield County CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

From the moment I walked in the lobby I knew this boutique hotel was going to be great. The valet was prompt, front desk couldnt have been nicer and accommodating. They upgraded me to a suite - the room was awesome. Spacious, clean, wonderful furniture, bathroom I wish I had at home! Kimpton is to the top of my list when traveling now.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Ashley G, General Manager at The Hotel Wilshire, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Traveler,

Sounds like love at first sight! I'm so glad that we were able to make such a great first impression. And sounds like it was your lucky day with the upgrade! I'm so happy that we were able to make this a memorable experience for you. I hope that the Hotel Wilshire (and Kimpton) will remain at the top of your list for a long time to come.

Thanks for the great review,

Mill Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed at this Kimpton Hotel from New Year's Day 2013 for five days and loved it. The location is great, a short walk to the LACMA, and The Grove for shopping is quite close.
Traveled with two teenagers, so the room was perfect because there was a sitting room area with its own TV.
It has a hip, modern vibe and the pool top restaurant is a fabulous setting with a view of the Hollywood sign. Breakfast in the sunshine was delightful, and dinner on our first night was good too. Would definitely stay there again and have booked a Kimpton hotel for a Washington DC trip in April because we were so impressed with the service and attention to detail.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room on the top floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Ashley G, General Manager at The Hotel Wilshire, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Traveler,

First and foremost, happy belated new year! I'm so happy that you chose the Hotel Wilshire to ring in 2013. I agree that our suites are the Wilshire are the perfect accommodations for bringing the whole family. And our location is well situated for all that LA has to offer. I am also so glad to hear that you enjoyed both breakfast and dinner up at our rooftop. Not only is the food delicious, but the view can't be beat! I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next trip to LA.

Hope to see you soon!

Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here last week and was sick during my business trip. The staff ran out to get me DayQuil and the housekeeping staff (Hilda) left me a care tray in my room while I was at a meeting. The tray had an electric kettle, tea, tissues and a note. Now that's an awesome hotel!!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Traveler,

Wow! The best service you have ever received! Our staff was so happy to see your comments. I hope you are feeling better since your recent visit (that was actually me who brought you Dayquil!). We realize that there is nothing worse than traveling while you're sick, not to mention having to be "on" all day at important meetings. Here at the Wilshire, we try to give some extra TLC to our guests who are under the weather, realizing it's tough to be away from home. We try our best to communicate as a team so we can create those surprise moments for our guests. I'm so glad this resonated in your case! I hope we will be your hotel of choice for your future travels to LA.

Don't be a stranger,

Ashley Gochnauer

Been to The Hotel Wilshire, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!