“Stay away!” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   9250 Airport Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90045 (Westside)   |
Ranked #165 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
“Stay away!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2006

Please take my advice and stay away from this awful motel. Unpleasent neigbourhood and even worse motel. The staff steal whatever you forget out in the open in your room (I lost a piece of jewelry) and when trying to get some help from the manager with this matter he told me to get lost! You will be much better of at any other place in the area, there are many options nearby, closer to the airport.

• Stayed May 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2006

Booked a room here for our last night in California through the very dodgy expedia. Arrived with 2 adults and 3 children but surprised that there was no rollaway bed available for us. In fact the desk advisor said they did not have a rollaway bed!!! Did not stay even though we checked in as only enough bed for 2 adults and 2 children. A detail that was not considered important enough for these guys.
Also overpowering smell of insect killer always a bad sign.
About expedia - tried to get a refund but the hotel are lying to them and expedia are not interested in refunding me. So "boo" to expedia!
We checked into the much more professional Travelodge a couple of miles nearer LAX and were very impressed.

• Stayed April 2006
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2006

Desk manager was not helpful-almost caused us to miss our cruise! Woke up with little bites (red marks) on our bodies. A real example of you get what you pay for! Stay away from this place!

Columbus,Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2005

My daughter and I stayed here after arriving around midnight at LAX. The staff was helpful and we had no problem getting the shuttle from the airport nor getting into our room. We were given a room very close to the office and it was an adequate, clean room. We felt safe during our overnight stay. We had to take a shuttle back to the airport in the morning to get our rental car and had no problem.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2005

Stayed there on last night in LA and it was a nightmare! Questionable area. Loud, woman screaming like she was being attacked at 1 am. I called office and got no answer & after trying 4 times I packed my things and went to check out and no one would come to the door to let me into office so I could check out. Finally after 15 minutes and repeated banging on door and ringing of bell person came to door. I told them about screaming and noise he said he didn't hear anything. Duh he later admitted he was sleeping in back of office. I checked out after being there for 3 hours due to the above. I called manager when I got home and was told that hookers go there and he couldn't be sure I wasn't there for that so even though I was from out of town and would provide airline tickets. Said no refund would be made. Room had no lock on window, the smoke alarm was hanging from ceiling with no battery in it. AVOID this at all costs. I would not even stay there for free-not worth the risk

• Stayed January 2005
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2004

We had a stop over in LA and stayed one night at this hotel. The rate was very reasonable and the room was big and clean. It was basic but everything worked. The staff were friendly and helpful. I would stay there again.

Herndon, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2004

We stayed at this hotel on August 3 before our early flight out of LAX. Our room was fairly large and clean. The air conditioner was a bit on the noisy side as I had trouble sleeping; the 3 other members of my family did not. Frequent low planes did pass overhead during the day and evening although there was no problem noted with planes during the sleeping hours of the night.

You need to sign up for the free shuttle in the lobby. The shuttle runs on the hour and could get filled up. The shuttle left promptly and was a very short drive to LAX.

The room smelled like carpet cleaner when we first entered but disappeared or we got used to it after awhile. Towels were thin and not enough given. I asked for more since we used the pool (small but wonderful for my 10 & 14 year olds). I was told "if we have them" they would bring them by. About 45 minutes later, we were given 2 towels (I asked for 4). Places to hang the towels are lacking as well as electrical outlets in the event you need to recharge items. (bring a power strip to pretty much any hotel nowadays as that was one thing lacking in all 4 of the hotels we stayed in during our California trip!!!)

The continental breakfast of coffee, orange juice and pastries (very fresh!!!!) were good.

Been to Super 8 Los Angeles Airport? Share your experiences!