“Good price - but otherwise marginal” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate

You added The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate to your Saves list
The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6225 W. Century Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90045 (Formerly Radisson Hotel at Los Angeles Airport) (Westside)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Rise Refreshed!
Ranked #184 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Champery, Switzerland
“Good price - but otherwise marginal”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Surprisingly for this chain, the experience was substandard in several ways. The hotel didn't honour the bed size request made despite the fact the reservation was made more than a month in advance of the stay. The room wasn't properly cleaned - there were no toiletries excepting those left open in the shower by the previous guests and when I approached the concierge she apologised and gave me what should have been in the bathroom but declined to report the problem. Breakfast also started late - after several early AM flights - so there was no possibility to do anything except order (expensive) room service; what was delivered was of acceptable but uninspiring quality and some items had mysteriously been replaced with items I had not ordered. In short: there are many options for hotels near LAX; I'd choose to go elsewhere.

Green Features: It was not clear there were any in force, other than standard practices for towel and sheet washing upon request.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
antoinette r, Manager at The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Nick:

On behalf of our entire staff at Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel.

The comfort of our guests and the cleanliness of our facilities are our top priorities and I was disappointed to hear that we let you down in this regard. Rest assured that I have reviewed your specific comments about the toiletries, room service with the appropriate staff members and departments. We do take all our guests' comments seriously.

We are delighted that our hotel has entered a new transition; we have become The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport. A Hyatt Affiliate. We will be undergoing an extensive renovation and all personnel will be trained to meet our new Hyatt standards. After renovations are completed, we will become The Hyatt Regency at Los Angeles Airport.

I do hope that you will return after we complete the renovation to give us a chance to redeem ourselves and experience our new product.

Guest Relations
Antoinette R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Came back from an amazing vacation in Hawaii to the worst hotel experience I've ever had (and I've stayed some crazy places). Waited in line for half an hour to get a room with a king bed (there were 3 of us). Was made to wait in line again to switch rooms while being told off for reserving through Expedia, as that didn't guarantee us two beds. Second room smelled of mildew. Couldn't switch again, evidently, despite water damage on ceiling and floor. Thank goodness for Jose in the bar--the only good thing about that night.

Next morning, reluctantly parted with cash to eat there as my mother is not very mobile. Upon checking out, I was honest about it being a terrible stay, and the day manager was summoned. Israel Vasquez promised me a refund of breakfast bc, once again the fact that I booked through Expedia meant they couldn't refund my room. While waiting in line to talk to him, two crew members came down. One had been put in an occupied room. The other given a key that didn't work.

It has been weeks and multiple emails since I was promised a refund on breakfast. Evidently they are the Concourse now. But soon will be a Hyatt. I can only hope that Hyatt guts all the rooms and takes a hard look at the current staff. Night desk attendants were rude, day manager clearly incompetent. Just stayed at a Days Inn on the other side of the country and it was vastly superior to this flea bag hotel. Shame.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Tannakin:

The comfort of our guests and the cleanliness of our facilities are our top priorities and I was disappointed to hear that we let you down in this regard. Rest assured that I have reviewed your specific comments about the staff and your bed type, with the appropriate staff members and departments. We do take all our guests' comments seriously.
If you have not received a refund, as of yet, please contact me at 310 337-6433 so that I may look into this issue and resolve for you as soon as possible.

Guest Relations
Antoinette R
Oslo, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Stayed here only one night and glad we didn't stay longer. It's convenient when you arrive late at night (as we did) or if you have an eary flight. But the hotel was outdated and the room could have been cleaner.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
ConcourseMangr, Front Office Manager at The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate, responded to this review, August 30, 2014
Dear Furuskog,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. I would like to apologize for the cleanliness of your room not being up to your expectation. We take great pride in our cleanliness; I will pass along your comments to the Housekeeping department to make sure this is addressed. We our investing $40 million into hotel and room renovations beginning in the coming weeks, this will address the concerns of the hotel being “outdated”. We look forward to your next stay in Los Angeles, I hope you allow my team and I to provide you with a much better experience on your next trip out.

Ghent, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights. There was a lot of noise from the airport, but I knew that.
The things that really bothered me were the fact that my room wasn't clean. There was hair in the sink and in the toilet.
Also there was a lot of noise from hotelguests and they had no manners what so ever. There were dirty dishes and towels in the corridors!
I pair for a full breakfast buffet and I got a couple of toast with jam and some fruit!!
I thing I know for sure, I'm never going to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear MEvelien,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with fellow TripAdvisor Travelers. I offer my sincerest of apologies for the difficulties you faced during your stay here with us We take great in both superb cleanliness and great customer service, it saddens me to hear that we did not fulfill those during your stay. I assure you that your stay is not the norm here and not the usual experience that our guests have. I have passed on your comments to the appropriate departments to make sure they are addressed and that this does not happen again. If you find it in yourself to allow my team and I another chance to provide you an excellent stay, please reach out to me, scaudill@concourselax.com. I look forward to your next trip to Los Angeles and making sure everything is excellent.

California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I paid in advance and even called a few days before to confirm and guarantee for late arrival. That didn't help because they had no rooms available when I arrived. I wasn't the only one with this problem at the front desk.

I would have given them 1 star except that they did book me at another hotel (and paid for it) and arranged for my transfer to LAX for an early morning flight.

While they did all they could do after denying me a room, you shouldn't have to put up with this from any hotel.

Also, they changed their name after my reservation, never notified me and I would be still waiting for a Radisson bus at LAX if a friendly car rental driver didn't mention the name change.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Dear MLCT,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with fellow TripAdvisor Travelers. It is with my sincerest of apologies that we did not meet your expectations on your recent trip to Los Angeles. We attempted to reach out to every guest whose email we had on file about the name change, I apologize that you were not informed. During the conversion we faced several difficulties and had to relocate some of our guests, for this I apologize as well as I understand how frustrating this was for you. If you can find it in yourself to give my team and I another chance to provide you an excellent stay, I assure you, you will not be disappointed. Please reach out to me on your next trip to Los Angeles, scaudill@concourselax.com, I look forward to assisting you.

New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

First there was the surprise of looking for the Radisson and finding it was now The Concourse Hotel instead. We were pleasantly surprised to find we were upgraded to one of the suites, but disappointed that we had to initiate (and call a few times) a request for a rollaway bed. That should happen automatically when a group of 4 is put in a room with only 1 bed.
This hotel has lots of potential and is at a great location. The view of the airport from our room was amazing. I am hoping that the new management will be able to turn it around.

Room Tip: This was my first time staying there. We were upgraded to a suite, so I can't comment on any of...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Chumledo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with fellow TripAdvisor Travelers. We are more than happy to upgrade our guests if we have the room availability because we want to ensure that each guest has a great experience when staying with us and visiting Los Angeles. I do apologize that the rollaway bed was not readily available after you requested it the first time. We are investing $40 million into hotel renovations to help modernize are rooms and public spaces and I am sure they will be up to your standards. Thank you again for the feedback as it inspires us to continue to strive to provide great service but constantly improve.

Marco Island, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

We stayed here 2 nights before they were going to switch from being a Radisson to a Concourse and it was not a good check-in or dining experience. I had requested a room with 2 beds in a quiet location not near an elevator or ice machine and reiterated those requests to the very pleasant young woman checking me in. She gave me keys and I went up to my room that had one queen bed and was across from the ice machine by the elevator! I was annoyed and went back to the lobby where they were very short-staffed. (Maybe because no one seemed to know if they would even still be working there in 2 days time because of the ownership change so I would guess that a lot of people had already bailed out.) I waited 40 minutes to get a room like the one I'd asked for in the first place. In the meantime I had a casual meal in the small, noisy bar/dining area in the lobby. It was overpriced and mediocre. The next day my sister and I coincidentally met the hotel manager in the lobby as we were bemoaning that the concierge hadn't shown up that day. The manager, Ken, was very nice and helpful and suggested we go to the Getty Museum for the afternoon and arranged for us to hire one of their drivers to take us. We used their drivers to go there, to Manhattan Beach and back to the hotel and that was pricey. The free shuttle to the airport was nice and the room was fine for a night but I wouldn't go back until they've had at least a few months to settle in to their new brand and get properly staffed.

Room Tip: Be very certain before you take your keys and walk away that you have a room that truly meets your s...
Green Features: Sound good - I was unaware of them at the time but see on their website that they say they're doing the right things.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Kay Marco,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with fellow TripAdvisor Travelers. I would first like to offer my apologies for the difficulties you faced during your stay and like to let you know that we appreciate your honest and opinioned review as it allows us to know what our guests feel need to be addressed. We are currently adding to our staff to ensure that we are never “short staffed” again, and I would like to apologize for being given the wrong room type. Room type and location of rooms are on a request basis and unfortunately unable to be guaranteed. I am sorry the wait for the new room took so long but happy to hear that my team was able to accommodate your request. We are investing $40 million dollars into hotel renovation in the coming weeks and it will show through in not only the lounge area you ate in but the rooms as well. On your next stay may I suggest the Ocean Express shuttle, it is a shuttle that is $5.00 round trip that takes you to and from Manhattan beach and picks up directly in front of the hotel. Please reach out to me, scaudill@concourselax.com, on your next stay and I will be happy to assist you and make sure you have an excellent stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Travelodge Hotel at LAX
Travelodge Hotel at LAX
#113 of 339 in Los Angeles
3.5 of 5 stars 1,335 reviews

Been to The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate

Address: 6225 W. Century Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90045 (Formerly Radisson Hotel at Los Angeles Airport)
Location: United States > California > Los Angeles > Westside
#1 Green Hotel in Los Angeles
Hotel Class:3.5 star — The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate 3.5*
AIRPORT HOTEL WITH FREE SHUTTLE, WIFI, AND NEW HYATT GRAND BEDS Super easy, free shuttle brings you to this full-service hotel in process of exciting transformation. Recent upgrades include premium Hyatt Grand beds, bedding, and 42" HDTVs in all guest rooms. Guest rooms are large, offer free wifi, and have sound-proof windows for 24-hour comfort. SUPERIOR FOOD & BEVERAGE OPTIONS Enjoy 24-hour room service and creative dining options in the hotel's buzzing lobby bar - The Concorde Lounge - or the restaurant - Palmira. Don't miss award winning Chef Dale Hart's Lobster Mango Salad, his House Made Tiramisu, or a decadent Chocolate Martini. STORIED HISTORY Book The Concourse for an enjoyable and comfortable stay and be part of the hotel's exciting journey to becoming the premier LAX destination hotel in late 2015. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Priceline and Venere so you can book your The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Radisson Hotel Los Angeles Airport
Radisson Los Angeles
Los Angeles Radisson

If you own or manage The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.