“Bad service, dirty” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate

Save Saved
You added The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate to your Saves list
The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6225 W. Century Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90045 (Formerly Radisson Hotel at Los Angeles Airport) (Westside)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #170 of 323 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Ghent, Belgium
“Bad service, dirty”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights. There was a lot of noise from the airport, but I knew that.
The things that really bothered me were the fact that my room wasn't clean. There was hair in the sink and in the toilet.
Also there was a lot of noise from hotelguests and they had no manners what so ever. There were dirty dishes and towels in the corridors!
I pair for a full breakfast buffet and I got a couple of toast with jam and some fruit!!
I thing I know for sure, I'm never going to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
ConcourseMangr, Front Office Manager at The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear MEvelien,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with fellow TripAdvisor Travelers. I offer my sincerest of apologies for the difficulties you faced during your stay here with us We take great in both superb cleanliness and great customer service, it saddens me to hear that we did not fulfill those during your stay. I assure you that your stay is not the norm here and not the usual experience that our guests have. I have passed on your comments to the appropriate departments to make sure they are addressed and that this does not happen again. If you find it in yourself to allow my team and I another chance to provide you an excellent stay, please reach out to me, scaudill@concourselax.com. I look forward to your next trip to Los Angeles and making sure everything is excellent.

Sean Patrick Caudill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I paid in advance and even called a few days before to confirm and guarantee for late arrival. That didn't help because they had no rooms available when I arrived. I wasn't the only one with this problem at the front desk.

I would have given them 1 star except that they did book me at another hotel (and paid for it) and arranged for my transfer to LAX for an early morning flight.

While they did all they could do after denying me a room, you shouldn't have to put up with this from any hotel.

Also, they changed their name after my reservation, never notified me and I would be still waiting for a Radisson bus at LAX if a friendly car rental driver didn't mention the name change.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Dear MLCT,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with fellow TripAdvisor Travelers. It is with my sincerest of apologies that we did not meet your expectations on your recent trip to Los Angeles. We attempted to reach out to every guest whose email we had on file about the name change, I apologize that you were not informed. During the conversion we faced several difficulties and had to relocate some of our guests, for this I apologize as well as I understand how frustrating this was for you. If you can find it in yourself to give my team and I another chance to provide you an excellent stay, I assure you, you will not be disappointed. Please reach out to me on your next trip to Los Angeles, scaudill@concourselax.com, I look forward to assisting you.

New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

First there was the surprise of looking for the Radisson and finding it was now The Concourse Hotel instead. We were pleasantly surprised to find we were upgraded to one of the suites, but disappointed that we had to initiate (and call a few times) a request for a rollaway bed. That should happen automatically when a group of 4 is put in a room with only 1 bed.
This hotel has lots of potential and is at a great location. The view of the airport from our room was amazing. I am hoping that the new management will be able to turn it around.

Room Tip: This was my first time staying there. We were upgraded to a suite, so I can't comment on any of...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Chumledo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with fellow TripAdvisor Travelers. We are more than happy to upgrade our guests if we have the room availability because we want to ensure that each guest has a great experience when staying with us and visiting Los Angeles. I do apologize that the rollaway bed was not readily available after you requested it the first time. We are investing $40 million into hotel renovations to help modernize are rooms and public spaces and I am sure they will be up to your standards. Thank you again for the feedback as it inspires us to continue to strive to provide great service but constantly improve.

Marco Island, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

We stayed here 2 nights before they were going to switch from being a Radisson to a Concourse and it was not a good check-in or dining experience. I had requested a room with 2 beds in a quiet location not near an elevator or ice machine and reiterated those requests to the very pleasant young woman checking me in. She gave me keys and I went up to my room that had one queen bed and was across from the ice machine by the elevator! I was annoyed and went back to the lobby where they were very short-staffed. (Maybe because no one seemed to know if they would even still be working there in 2 days time because of the ownership change so I would guess that a lot of people had already bailed out.) I waited 40 minutes to get a room like the one I'd asked for in the first place. In the meantime I had a casual meal in the small, noisy bar/dining area in the lobby. It was overpriced and mediocre. The next day my sister and I coincidentally met the hotel manager in the lobby as we were bemoaning that the concierge hadn't shown up that day. The manager, Ken, was very nice and helpful and suggested we go to the Getty Museum for the afternoon and arranged for us to hire one of their drivers to take us. We used their drivers to go there, to Manhattan Beach and back to the hotel and that was pricey. The free shuttle to the airport was nice and the room was fine for a night but I wouldn't go back until they've had at least a few months to settle in to their new brand and get properly staffed.

Room Tip: Be very certain before you take your keys and walk away that you have a room that truly meets your s...
Green Features: Sound good - I was unaware of them at the time but see on their website that they say they're doing the right things.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Kay Marco,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with fellow TripAdvisor Travelers. I would first like to offer my apologies for the difficulties you faced during your stay and like to let you know that we appreciate your honest and opinioned review as it allows us to know what our guests feel need to be addressed. We are currently adding to our staff to ensure that we are never “short staffed” again, and I would like to apologize for being given the wrong room type. Room type and location of rooms are on a request basis and unfortunately unable to be guaranteed. I am sorry the wait for the new room took so long but happy to hear that my team was able to accommodate your request. We are investing $40 million dollars into hotel renovation in the coming weeks and it will show through in not only the lounge area you ate in but the rooms as well. On your next stay may I suggest the Ocean Express shuttle, it is a shuttle that is $5.00 round trip that takes you to and from Manhattan beach and picks up directly in front of the hotel. Please reach out to me, scaudill@concourselax.com, on your next stay and I will be happy to assist you and make sure you have an excellent stay.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We booked to stay at the Radisson (which is now the Concourse hotel) less than 2 weeks ago. We received a rekinder email a couple days before our trip. We arrived at LAX tonight at 11 pm, waited for the shuttle, nothing, after 20 min of waiting, called hotel to check on status of shuttle, was told by hotel the shuttle comes even 20 min, I asked if the shuttle said Radisson, was told yes. After waiting an additional 20 mins called back to hotel about shuttle was told then that the hotel switched ownership and that we needed to find a concourse shuttle van. Finally we get the right van. We arrive at hotel at 12 am to stand in line at check in to be told the concourse hotel that we prepaid our stay is sold out!!!! Hotel said we can have a reservation at the Marriott down the street. Great right? NO... because we are still at the concourse hotel waiting for our ride to Marriott. We were told this woI'll take about 5 minutes. It is now 1245am and we are still waiting for the shuttle to Marriott. If you have a room booked at the concourse/Radisson in the near future, you should look at rebooking. This is crazy!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Coleen D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with fellow TripAdvisor Travelers. I would like to offer my sincerest of apologies to you for the difficulties you faced during your trip to Los Angeles. I do greatly appreciate the honesty and opinioned review as it provides us feedback on what our guests need addressed. We take great pride in our customer service and it is with sadness and regret that I see my team did not meet your standards and expectations. We did change to a Hyatt Affiliate hotel on July 28th, there is no excuse as to why you were given the wrong information about our shuttle and on what it looks like and has as the name. During our conversion of hotels we faced a few difficulties that forced us to relocate some of our guests, I understand your frustration with that situation and I apologize for the difficulty you faced. If you could find it in yourself to give my team and I another chance, I assure you that we will not disappoint. Please reach out to me at scaudill@concourselax.com, if you would like to further discuss and potentially return on your next trip to Los Angeles.

Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Stayed at the Radisson LAX for an early flight next day. So convenient location wise because it is only minutes away from the airport, literally sitting on the edge where the ramp begins.
Valet is speedy in getting bags on to the bell/front desk. Front office was fast and courteous even though there was a long line of people. The hotel has a big restaurant, and a cafe. I asked if I can borrow a weighing scale for my bags and got one without a problem. My room was huge, and it had an adjoining parlor room as well giving me more space for either an extra guest or for a little party (which I didn't have or wasn't expecting). The window opens to airport views but it was quiet and not noisy at all. The sleep was very deep and conducive, and toiletries were excellent.
The hotel could use an update of its interiors, it hasn't gone to boutique style yet as most properties have. However, everything else was fine and I was off on my international flight the next day on their free fast shuttle without any hassles. Best for airport arrival/departure stays!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with adjoining parlor if available to make a suite!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear RichieSel,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with fellow TripAdvisor Travelers. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us! I will pass on your kind comments to the different departments as we take great pride in our service and cleanliness and we are ecstatic to hear that everything met your standards. We look forward to your next trip to Los Angeles!

Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night last month. We were attracted to it by the brand and it's proximity to LAX. We were utterly disappointed. We arrived at LAX at around 9pm. It took more than an hour to locate its shuttle, shared by a parking lot! Two phone calls to the hotel to establish where the shuttle was went unanswered. Eventually, the shuttle came but it was crowded with people going to the parking lot.

When we did reach the hotel, we faced a long queue for check-in. Never have we had to wait as long as we did -almost 30 minutes. The clerk was sultry, surly and generally unhelpful. All questions were answered 'Ask the staff in the morning.'! What an embarassment?

The hotel website claimed that the hotel was recently refurbished. I'd hate to have seen our room before refurbishment! It was dark and dingy, with little light while the windows had not seen a cleaner for a long time. The bathroom was very tired. In fact the plumbing system was so tired that it took better than three hours for the toilet to fully flush and clear. Not good! On arrival, the tea and coffee making facilities were not provided, as advertised.

Breakfast in the restaurant was OK, if not over-priced. The service there was more than satisfactory. Isn't it a sad reflection on staff and management when the best services was provided by some of the poorest paid in the hotel? In the morning, telephone calls to both the front desk and concierge were unanswered. A visit to the concierge desk revealed an unfriendly female staffer who obviously wished she was elsewhere.

Check-out was a similar experience to check-in: a long queue and a long wait. The experience left a sour taste in our mouths.

Having stayed in Radisson hotels in Ireland and elsewhere, we were very disappointed with our choice in LAX. I think I'd rather sleep in an airport terminal than stay in this place again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
antoinette r, Manager at The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. On a positive note, we will be undergoing an extensive renovation in the near future. I do hope that you will return after we complete the renovation to give us a chance to redeem ourselves and experience our new product.We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.

Guest Relations

Been to The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate

Address: 6225 W. Century Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90045 (Formerly Radisson Hotel at Los Angeles Airport)
Location: United States > California > Los Angeles > Westside
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#1 Green Hotel in Los Angeles
#21 Spa Hotel in Los Angeles
Hotel Class:3.5 star — The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate 3.5*
Minutes from beaches, shopping and dining, our Los Angeles airport hotel is the closest hotel to Los Angeles International Airport (walking distance) with easy access to downtown Los Angeles, Hollywood, Santa Monica, Manhattan Beach and Venice Beach. The Radisson Los Angeles Hotel offers complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport. Our hotel is the ideal location, whether you are traveling on business or on a family vacation. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Otel, Reservation Counter, Priceline, Agoda, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Radisson Hotel Los Angeles Airport
Radisson Los Angeles
Los Angeles Radisson

If you own or manage The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.