“Really needs updating!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate

You added The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate to your Saves list
The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6225 W. Century Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90045 (Formerly Radisson Hotel at Los Angeles Airport) (Westside)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #171 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Really needs updating!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed here for 2 night in May 13. The location is very good, one of the closest hotels to LAX.

Rooms are big but really really dated, carpets are horrible, bathroooms dirty, air conditioning barely blows cold. Not enough elevators, parking is $25 a night which is excessive (but I guess is to be expected giving the location). The windows in the room look as if they have never been cleaned.

I'm sure there are MUCH better options near LAX, the hotel would be 2 or 1 star were it not for the location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Let me chronicle my terrible experience at this property for you:

(1) Shuttle: The shuttle driver from the airport drove so erratically that we nearly crashed twice, and he accelerated so rapidly at one point that all of the passengers went flying backward.

(2) Lobby: I went down to purchase a drink from the lobby, and there was a cockroach crawling around. The attendant went to call someone, but the cockroach crawled away by that point. Needless to say, I didn't buy breakfast there the next morning.

(3) Room: I have attached some pictures to describe our experience--this is definitely a hotel where you will feel dirty walking around with your shoes off. There were stains on the carpet, bedding, walls, and ceiling. The A/C did not function properly, and it rattled terribly. We arrived late and the maintenance staff took over an hour to come and assess the situation, and then it took nearly another hour for the front desk to get a new room arranged for us. It was nearly 1 AM by this point, and with 2 little babies, it was a disaster. A staff member finally brought us a key to our new room, but offered no assistance with the bags, and nobody was sent up to help. So, in the middle of the night, I had to haul the cribs and bags to a new room. Really poor service.

Really, the room was disgusting. The faucet leaked, the bathtub was crumbling, and the ceiling looked like it was patched in a dozen places by a group of unlicensed, unexperienced contractors. I was really disappointed because I wanted a good night's sleep before our flight in the morning. The sleep number beds are terrible, and only one of the beds even worked.

(4) Check-Out: Not that we were ever going to take the shuttle again (we opted to walk instead), but at check out there was such a mass of people in the lobby that it was extremely difficult to get to the front desk. Apparently it was because people had been waiting for over 30 minutes for the shuttle.

Recommendation: Stay elsewhere.

Green Features: The only thing "environmentally friendly" about this property is that they don't appear to clean at all, thus saving on energy and the use of cleaners.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
slundquist, Guest Relations Manager at The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. The Radisson LAX and the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group will work diligently to ensure your guest experience is fully investigated by us and the Airport Shuttle Company. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for our Guest Relations Manager.
Arroyo Grande, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

The staff here was very nice and helpful, located next to the airport really helps when you are flying out early. There is a park and fly option that can be included with the price of the room. Nice pool area and 24 hour room service are a big plus.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Santa Fe, NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Location, location, location! And that’s the strongest point of the somewhat aging Radisson at the Los Angeles Airport. You say you have an early morning flight from LAX and you don’t want to pay to park your rental car or check it in at “0-Dawn-Hundred?” OK, follow my advice: check your car in the night before your flight, take the rental car shuttle to the airport, get off at Terminal 1, and then walk a couple hundred yards to the hotel, the first one in the line of LAX airport hotels. There are walk lights to stop the heavy traffic on Sepulveda so there is no danger in crossing that busy intersection. Once across the street, voila, you’re at the hotel. Then, the next morning, simply ride the Radisson’s shuttle bus to whichever terminal your flight departs from; the bus runs 24/7, departing the hotel every 15 minutes on the hour. The rooms at the Radisson are as good as they can be – the hotel tries its best to stay up to date and has been good about doing regular renovations, but there is only so much you can change in this lovely dowager. She is what she is, which is most of all convenient. One more suggestion: be sure to join Club Carlson because as a member you receive a variety of benefits when you overnight at a Radisson or any of the other properties in their group.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Ohio, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Stayed there on business for two week. The carpet in the room was horrible, so many stains I decided to never take my socks off. The TV in the room was old, not a flat screen, and had a terrible picture with very few stations. In order to get to the pool, you have to walk thru the smokers area. Now some of my fellow workers bot sleep number beds and flat screens even though we all paid the same price for our rooms. So my advise if you do stay here, check out your room first. I didn't rate the hotel a "one" because the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
slundquist, Guest Relations Manager at The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson and by Carlson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly and ask for Guest Relations Manager.
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

I haven't even checked in yet but I'm so upset that I'm already writing this review. My friend booked the hotel through proceedings priceline. He called the hotel the day before check in to say I would be arriving earlier than him and to add my name so I can check into the room. They had no problem when he called. Today I arrive and try to check in and they refuse me saying he had to call processor price line to add my name. I tell them ok, but when he called the hotel yesterday they had no problem. She then tells me I'm not understanding her, when I was perfectly able to understand her and repeats thathe needed to contact price line. This infuriated me and I stayed to her I perfectly understood her, but I'm expecting consistency from the hotel and if yesterday my friend called to add my name to be able to check in why was it not a problem then. How dare she not listen to me and claim that I'm not understanding her! I've never had this experience/ problem before when using a third party for booking. Very disgusted by her behavior and rudeness.

Stayed May 2013
slundquist, Guest Relations Manager at The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service. To discuss your concern further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Guest Relations Manager.
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

After a long flight, a long queue at LAX, followed by a bad experience at Immigration, the Radisson staff were the kindest and most helpful I have ever met. My room was not ready due to an early arrival, but Dwyane the kind hearted Bell Hop could not do enough to make me comfortable including calling Hilton to ensure My WiFi was reconnected when I lost reception in the Lobby. The cafe staff were welcoming and friendly as were the restaurant people.
Rooms large and comfortable but the friendly welcome and continuing care for the 3 day stay were outstanding.
Stay here, particularly if travelling solo. Brilliant.

Room Tip: Ask for room with view of runways