“Convenience, inexpensive, but OLD” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel at Los Angeles Airport

Save Saved
You added Radisson Hotel at Los Angeles Airport to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel at Los Angeles Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6225 W. Century Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90045 (Westside)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Savings of 15%
Ranked #155 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Hong Kong, China
“Convenience, inexpensive, but OLD”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

The place definitely needs a remodeling years ago. I have stayed here many times and think of the same every single time.

It is located right off the airport and is very convenient if you travel here for a short business trip. There is a car rent right at the hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

1,653 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Sterling Heights, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This was super convenient and the rooms are exactly what I expected (typical Radisson with Sleep Number bed). The noise was much LESS than I expected (most airport hotels shudder as planes go over - this place is pretty solid).

There was a problem on check-in because the hotel's computers had crashed, but the front desk staff was very polite and apologetic. It took only about five minutes to get it fixed. The shuttle runs every 20 minutes during the day and every 30 minutes (on the hour) from midnight to 5AM.

I asked about walking, but the staff told me the sidewalks are not complete all the way to the airport, so there are places one would be walking on the lawn or in the street.

There's a full-service restaurant and also a casual bar in the lobby. The bar has grab and go food you can put on your credit card or charge to your room. The staff is courteous and helpful.

Room Tip: There are A LOT of panhandlers around LAX. While buying gas just a few minutes away, I was approache...
stansbury park, utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

After tax and valet parking we spent $184 for the premium sleep number bed...not worth it! The furniture looked 1970 at best. The bathroom was the size of a phone booth, no way for two people to get in unless one was in the tub. Showerhead was high enough to hit me in the chest. On a positive note, it was closest to the terminals and the lobby and staff were nice.
Yes we knew ahead of time about 25 for valet parking, but it was annoying to see my car a few feet away. Sleep number beds? Definitely a waste of money. Would we stay again? Probably not.

Room Tip: Somewhere else?
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Read all the bad reviews and you will see why when you get here.

Lesson learned. Don't ever book through a 3.5 hotel in lax because you will end up with this trashy 1 star hotel. Book somewhere else directly through their websites for a higher price for quality service and amenities. If you stay here you might as stay at a 2star hotel and be more happy with your stay.

Room Tip: Don't ever book for a 3.5 star hotel in Lax because you with this. You are better off bidding f...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
slundquist, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel at Los Angeles Airport, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Janie;

We are sorry to hear how unhappy you were with your stay with us. Our team and staff take great pride in caring for our guests during their stay with us and we are sorry as a team that we were not able to exceed your expectations this stay.

Radisson Management Team
Ventura, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed at the hotel on 2/14 on business, yes I was not happy to have to stay anywhere on Valentines day. Anyhow, booked on Priceline and payed 89 bucks minus taxes and fees. Lets just say I have stayed at the Hilton up the street and I should have just payed the extra money and stayed there. Valet parking is 25 bucks so beware, not a issue the front desk at check in was ok. I specified wanting a higher level room, he stated, "We are sold out but if any issue once you check in just let us know". So once my hubby and I got to the room we noticed the room had double beds and we needed just one king bed. Called concierge they just said there was nothing they could do for me sorry. Next thing our tv remote did not work they sent up help which helped be able to change the channel but can't turn the power on or off with it. The room is ok but they could update the room a little and the CRT TV. The shower pissed my hubby off there is little to non on pressure then the water takes forever to drain so we bathed in our own dirt while showering you don't even deal with that at Motel 6. We were excited to check out at 8:00 am this morning and to say never again. Sorry Radisson you have lost a customer for life. Was upset even with Priceline for setting this up, it's ok they usually redeem themselves somehow later.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We are sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience during your stay. It is unfortunate when situations like this arise. We take every precaution to make sure that all guests are affected as little as possible. We hope you will consider us again when you are in the area.

Radisson Management Team
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Just spent the night here to be close to the airport. Got a good price bidding on priceline. Parking (valet) and internet extra. Very nice room. Pleasant staff. LAX is cloe to South Bay & beach cities.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Olympia, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

What makes this hotel a fantastic place to stay is not the location or the condition of the property (which is older and in need of repair), but the great five-star service and staff. I would gladly stay here again. Slowly but surely they are making the needed improvements in the physical property and in the meantime, the customer service of each member of the staff is exemplary and unusual for a property like this.

Upon arrival, Stephanie Lundquist (via Isobel at front desk) upgraded my room to a large suite. It was so nice and really made my visit great. Whenever I had a problem, Isobel took care of it. She made me feel as though I had a personal concierge to make sure things went smoothly. Also worthy of mention is Jamie the valet, who welcomed me into my suite and tested EVERYTHING in my room to make sure it was working. I truly felt welcomed and he was a big part of it.

I did have some problems during my ten day stay. Shuttle service could be more reliable and timely. I waited for one hour before pickup when the shuttle is supposed to come every 20 minutes. Also, engineering was supposed to meet me in my room at a certain time and they did not show; I persisted in getting someone to come up and fix my air conditioner--this caused me to be late for a meeting. Isobel (my "personal concierge" at the front desk) gave me a breakfast voucher to make up for the inconveniences. I did feel as though my concerns were addressed and feel good about the money I spent on my stay and the value I received.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Radisson Hotel at Los Angeles Airport? Share your experiences!