“Decent hotel, great customer service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate

You added The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate to your Saves list
The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6225 W. Century Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90045 (Formerly Radisson Hotel at Los Angeles Airport) (Westside)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #171 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Slidell, Louisiana
“Decent hotel, great customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed here for a quick overnight in early September, 2012. The room was a bit dated, and clearly they stay busy here, as evidenced by the worn paths in the carpet, but the hotel staff is to be commended for their dedication to customer service.
I was greeted quickly and professionally, and they made sure that all questions were answered, even before I could think of them. Front desk folks were attentive to the basic needs (transportation, dining, check out times) and were eager to make sure that my stay had everything I needed.
Location was perfect, as I was just meeting an associate for a quick face-to-face meeting, so I just needed a place to rest my head overnight and get back to the airport for an early afternoon flight. Walked to the hotel from LAX (not a bad walk at all) and enjoyed the view of the planes landing and taking off (not nearly as noisy as I had imagined).
The entire staff, from valet parkers to snack bar waiter to front desk was very helpful, polite and eager to please. There is a lot of traffic at this hotel, but they take the time to treat you like you are their most important guest at the moment.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
slundquist, Guest Relations Manager at The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Our staff will be delighted to hear of how they exceeded your expectations. We look forward to serving you on all of your future travels to the Los Angeles Airport Area!

Radisson Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Blue Springs, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I fly Frontier airlines as the prices are reasonable and you achieve their highest status quickly. Anyway, as those who read my entries know, I fly to LA once a month. Lately, on my normal 9 AM departure, the airline has changed the flight to 6:30 AM. Well, I stay in Orange County and who wants to drive that far that early in the morning. ( spoiled I know )

Anyway, as you enter, ( if you are driving ) you realize that it is Valet only parking. No big deal. $25 a day. If you want, you can text to a number and your car will be brought out. Nice feature and it worked well. It looks pretty jazzy in the lobby as well as the bar. I did not peruse as I should have but it was a long week and I was headed out for dinner. The room was pretty small and the bed was a full size. ( I thought I reserved a king ) Oh well.

They had a sleep number bed as well as a power saver room where you have to place your room card in a slot to have power work in the room. Interesting.

Bottom line, the hotel served the purpose of what I needed. A place to sleep so that I would not have to work up earler than I would have if I had stayed in Fullerton. Quiet room, nice sleep. Good enough. I would stay again but, I will need that king size bed. ( spoiled, I know )

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
slundquist, Guest Relations Manager at The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for sharing your stay with us. We look forward to serving you on your future departures out of LAX. PS We enjoy the spoiling in life....

oxnard
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I,m writing this review from my room. I almost did't stay here due to the negative reviews. This is a great place to stay if you are flying out of LAX. The rooms are great and very large. The deals for stay and long term park are a huge savings. Park and fly is the parking company for Radisson. A one night stay and seven day park or 15 day park save you over 50.00 on parking. You cannot be closer to LAX. Nice lounge with lots of T.V.'s and food from buffet or order from menu. A beautiful restaurant that we did not try, but if the same person who is cooking for them cooked the buffet then it has to be good. Valet was fast and attentive, calling a bell-person to assist us quickly. Front desk was friendly and fast. Bellman went over the top to set up our wake-up call for us and answer all our questions about our departure tomorrow. The service through the hotel was first class. This is a no smoking hotel and smoking was out the back entrance just outside the lounge. We have a sleep number bed very nice linens and seems to be new. I had to look hard to see any signs of over aged furnishings. The toilet tank top had a crack, OMG how will we live with that. Small signs of wear if you look for it. OMG it's not brand new, what are we to do. Folks do yourself a favor book a parking package and if you don't like it ask for another room. Ours was great. And when you get back don't wait for the next shuttle, call them with the number on your valet ticket that the valet hand wrote and they will send a shuttle now. People need to think about their reviews before writing them and look at the over all picture. This is not the first time that I have went against the reviews and found them to be overly critical. You can walk to term one in ten mins. This is the place to stay for me. My wife and I travel a lot and we will stay here again.

Room Tip: Get the park and stay package. Huge savings and nice location.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your stay with us as our staff will enjoy reading your blog. Our team works very hard every day to bring the best possible service for our guests. We look forward to serving you on your future travels to the Los Angeles Area!

Hawaii
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We are right now staying at this hotel. We checked in last night at 11pm. We decided to stay one night here because we have a long flight to Europe tonight. Contrary to other reviews the shuttle service was ok. We got picked up 10-15 minutes after we called. We have read on the Internet that Radisson has a late checkout time. So we asked about it. We were told that would be possible but it will cost $69 extra. We decided to pay this amount because our flight tonight will be 11 hours. So we were we just napping in bed and suddenly we heard a knock on the door and someone (I suppose the maid) opened the door. We said we are in bed so she closed the door again. We had the "Do Not Distrurb" sign on our door handle outside and apperantly it was ignored. We are very upset right now because our nap got disturbed before such a long flight. Mistakes like that should not happen!

One more thing, the vegetarian options are very limited in this hotel. This morning we went downstairs to the coffee bar and purchased too croissants. We asked if we can have them toasted and the lady said there is a microwave and we can do it ourselves. First of all micowaved croissants do not taste good and second the croissants were very old and dry! We did not eat them and we end up throwing them away. We had to go to the nearby Subway instead.

We have been to other places where the food was not the best either so we can live with that but the fact that someone disturbed our nap really made us upset!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
slundquist, Guest Relations Manager at The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Radisson Hotel at LAX. We are sorry to hear and wish to apologize of the incident of our team disturbing your "Do Not Disturb" rest. We will follow up with our team members, even if accidental how important it is to observe guests requests. Our lounge has a toaster or a microwave, unfortunately to croissant will not fit the toaster and that would leave the microwave to warm the croissant. It does sound like a good idea to have another alternative choice for our future guests and will share your thoughts our team.

Thank you for thinking Radisson!
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Although very close to LAX next time I would pick something else. The road to LAX is full of hotels. The room is spacious but dated. Bathroom relatively small. I thought to have a nice view of the airport, but the windows were very dirty. Positive is the free internet and the valet parking.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
slundquist, Guest Relations Manager at The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
We thank you for your recent stay with us. We are the only hotel on the corridor considered inside the LAX airport within walking distance of Terminal 1. We look forward to your future visits to the Los Angeles Area!

Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay as we arrived late and after several hours of travel.
We called the hotel shuttle at the airport and was picked up after a short time.
The room was spacious but could need a fresh up.
There was a strange smell all over the hotel, but never mind.
We had a nice breakfast at Subway, situated 5 minuts away by food.

• Stayed September 2012
istanbul
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I have stayed there for just one night on last monday. Radisson Hotel is the closest hotel to Los Angeles Airport and it takes just 2-3 minutes to go there by car and 10 minutes on feet. The room was big and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was enormously big I have never seen a bathroom on that size before. I think the windows were shut down by the hotel to cut heavy noise or security reasons so it is impossible to have fresh air when you need it. The air condition was working too noisy that it is not acceptable if you are staying at a 4 star world brand hotel and the hotel was not offered free breakfast , business center and car park. I do not know why a 4 star hotel do not offer free breakfast ,business center,and car park even they could able to offer. You can use the internet free at the room if you have a laptop if not you can use p.c using your credit card at the lobby in a 4 star hotel !!!! The policies of the hotel is so weird. By the way the staff were so kind and helpful. I appreciate them. At the end I would never stay a 4 star hotel like Radisson again. I think it must not be a 4 star maybe 3 star. No free breakfast no business center no free car park but too much noise by air condition !!!! That's all !!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
slundquist, Guest Relations Manager at The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Radisson at LAX as your choice of stay. We are sorry to hear that you were not happy with the amenities we offer our guests. We do post all details and information on our website so our guests know what we have to offer and the costs associated so our guests may plan their stay with us.
Thank you for thinking Radisson!

Radisson Management Team

Been to The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate

Address: 6225 W. Century Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90045 (Formerly Radisson Hotel at Los Angeles Airport)
Location: United States > California > Los Angeles > Westside
#1 Green Hotel in Los Angeles
Hotel Class:3.5 star — The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate 3.5*
AIRPORT HOTEL WITH FREE SHUTTLE, WIFI, AND NEW HYATT GRAND BEDS Super easy, free shuttle brings you to this full-service hotel in process of exciting transformation. Recent upgrades include premium Hyatt Grand beds, bedding, and 42" HDTVs in all guest rooms. Guest rooms are large, offer free wifi, and have sound-proof windows for 24-hour comfort. SUPERIOR FOOD & BEVERAGE OPTIONS Enjoy 24-hour room service and creative dining options in the hotel's buzzing lobby bar - The Concorde Lounge - or the restaurant - Palmira. Don't miss award winning Chef Dale Hart's Lobster Mango Salad, his House Made Tiramisu, or a decadent Chocolate Martini. STORIED HISTORY Book The Concourse for an enjoyable and comfortable stay and be part of the hotel's exciting journey to becoming the premier LAX destination hotel in late 2015. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Radisson Hotel Los Angeles Airport
Radisson Los Angeles
Los Angeles Radisson

If you own or manage The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.