“Great Value For Your Money - Immaculate Rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Vine Inn & Suites
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1133 Vine St, Los Angeles, CA 90038 (Hollywood)   |
Ranked #283 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Great Value For Your Money - Immaculate Rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one week whilst visiting my mother in LA last year. We didn't expect much because the price was very competitive so when we arrived, we were very surprised at how fab the room was. I had previously stayed nearer to Hollywood Boulevard in 2005 and the Vagabond was far superior to our previous hotel. Basic, very clean and spacious accommodation however the swimming pool was sort of in the parking lot so don't expect to chill out at the pool, its also almost on the main road, so if you want to chill by a pool go to a larger hotel. Overall, great value for money but a good 20mins walk to the main Hollywood restaurants and attractions - car hire is a must !

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

First room we had on ground floor didn't lock & could see unsavoury characters hanging around the parking lot. Also got a strange phonecall within about 3 minutes of being in the room, did not like this, total lack of security. we did get moved after making a fuss, did not like having to advertise the fact we were two females & if it wasn't so late, would have checked into the Hyatt. If you want cheap and safe in LA, it doesn't seem to exist. The rooms were awful too, dirty and smelly. At least our car wasn't on bricks when we woke up

• Stayed May 2011
Hollywood414, Manager at Vine Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 24, 2011
First of all my apology for a unpleasant hotel stay with us.
I do understand that two females traveling alone, who may be used to staying at HAYTT, would feel very unsafe in a place like Hollywood.
We do take care of our guest and , it is not unusual for the front desk staff to call the guest , a few minutes after they check in to make sure everything in the room is satisfactory. Perhaps you may have misunderstood the call. And we do have 24 hours on site staff and video surveillance to protect the guest and their property. Unfortunately, the " unsavory Characters" is a part of Hollywood, but the city of Hollywood has initiated an effort to " Clean Up" the bad elements of the street.
We appreciate your comment and we will take it as an indication to strive for better service in future.
Oakland, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

At $109.00 a night on New years day it still was a rip-off. I looked at the picture when I made the reservations and it looked okay. When the supershuttle dropped me and my friend off, I asked if this was the right place. It is across the street from the social security office and a mental heath clinic in a seedy part of L.A. The first room we checked into had the toilet overflowing, When I called to the front desk he said he would have to come and check then after I changed rooms the telephone didnt work. I told the front desk guy that that phone didnt work, he said are you going to make a call! Well, since we were in a bad neighborhood, I'm thinking 911 isn't out of the realm of possibility so yes I am going to use the phone. He went next door and took the phone from the other room and gave it to me. The door looked as if someone had kicked it in on a previous stay so I had to prop the chair under the doorknob to sleep. The frontdesk staff are not friendly and heaven forbid you need anything.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

Pretty basic, no frills accommodation. I (thankfully) did not encounter any vermin as some other past guests have.

The room wasn't anything special, but it was clean. The area seems like it can be a bit sketchy if you were to walk after dark, but we drove so it was no concern to us really.

It's close to the touristy stuff you want to see in Hollywood which is why we chose it, and for the low price we weren't disappointed.

Based on my experience I would recommend it to the budget conscious traveler, but if you're expecting the Ritz you are going to be extremely unhappy.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

Bedbugs!
I found bedbugs in my room on the first night and was moved to another room but was too scared to sleep. Staff were very rude and would not even let me contact the manager to complain. I checked out early and was forced to pay cancellation fee, even though I was covered in bites. This experience totally ruined my vacation. What a nightmare!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
california
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

at first when we checked into the hotel it looked really good and the staff was also good , but as we entered into the room it was really smelly, there were big roaches,bed bugs. Our trip was supposed to be a romantic one but turned out to be a nightmare. There were lot of transsexuals and prostitutes who were moving in and out of the hotel very frequently. me and my wife felt really insecure. the place is really noisy, the walls are so thin so that you can even listen the person in the next room.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
San Diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2009

My friends and I figured this would be a perfect place to stay in order to safely take our friend out on the strip and it turned into an absolute nightmare! Forgot having any of your friends over to this place, even while preparing to go out on the town. We were harassed multiple times by the person at the front desk telling us that everyone had to leave within thirty minutes unless we paid for each of them, and only up to a maximum of four could be paid for, the rest had to leave. It was completely understandable that they didn't want extra vehicles there and those were moved, but the rest was just ridiculous!

This place is not service friendly at all and the person at the desk was incredibly rude! These people have obviously not heard of the saying "The customer is always right" before. Never staying here again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Vine Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!