“Excellent Value and Service” 5 of 5 stars

Stay 2+ Nights Save 20%
Ranked #5 of 318 hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Yardley, Pennsylvania, United States
“Excellent Value and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed 5 days at the Elan and were thoroughly pampered and taken care of. The hotel is located in an area that is terrific for vacationers. Most sights are easily traveled to by car or public transportation. The hotel is very clean and the 5:00 wine and cheese a delight as you wait for evening plans. Rooms are spacious and the AC keeps you very comfortable. The staff is uber friendly and helpful. We are planning a late fall trip to LA and we will stay at the Elan again.

Room Tip: We had one of 4 rooms with a patio. There are 2 lights on all night. You may want to stay clear of...
Green Features: The hotel practices eco friendly things from using soaps that are environmentally friendly which includes all packaging too.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel Los Angeles, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for mentioning the excellent value for the dollar and the customer service that you received during your recent five day stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back later this year.

Kind Regards and Safe Travels,

830 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
SI NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Just returned from a stay at the Elan Hotel. I booked based on the numerous glowing reviews on Tripadvisor, and they were all right on the mark. The location is very central to many points of interest, either by walking or a quick cab ride. We booked a Starline Tour that even picked us up and dropped us back at the hotel. We had a junior suite which was very, very spacious, nicely decorated and extremely comfortable. Wine and cheese and daily breakfasts were more plentiful than anticipated. But what made all the difference was how friendly and accommodating the staff were. We had to shorten our trip because of an emergency at home and they went above and beyond to make it as stress free as possible, and we can't thank them enough. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We are happy that you selected the Elan Hotel based on the Trip Advisor reviews that you read. Thanks for mentioning our location which is central to so much of what Los Angeles has to offer. I’m glad that you enjoyed your Starline tour of the city.
We are happy that you liked your room and the amenities provided such as our expanded continental breakfast and evening wine and cheese reception. I am sorry that you had to shorten your trip due to unforeseen circumstances. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Thanks for recommending us to anyone travel to the Los Angeles area.

Kind Regards and Safe Travels,

Jacksonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I just got back from a 2-night stay in LA and at Elan Hotel. I originally picked this hotel from a guidebook and also based on reviews posted on TripAdvisor. I wish I could say something different or more original, but I do have to agree with everyone here and say that the staff was very helpful (even valet)...and yes, they definitely do go above and beyond!! I interacted mainly with Adrian who provided me with a lot of local information and for my 5:30am checkout on the final day, he made sure my rental car was at the curb ready to go and even had some breakfast out so I could grab a quick bite before my long flight! I would say that that was pretty awesome, thoughtful, and excellent customer service! (Thanks so much Adrian)!!

The rooms are very comfortable. I can see where someone might think that the beds are hard, but they were perfectly fine for me after a full day of fun and sun. I was just excited I could plug in my ipod! :P In regards to LA, have a fabulous time everybody! I would suggest that everybody take in a show or play at one of the smaller theaters in town. It was one of my favorite things to do on my trip. Would you know how to survive a zombie apocalypse?! I didn't either...until I went and saw the play!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel Los Angeles, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are happy that you found the hotel to be “more than adequate” for your needs and are delighted that you chose the Élan Hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews. I appreciate your mention of Adrian. He enjoys his job and loves the day to day interaction with our guests. He is very much customer service driven and his talent shows. I am happy that you found your room comfortable and that you used our clock radio to plug in your IPod. We also offer universal adaptors for those travelers coming from overseas. It’s nice that you found time to take in a play at one of the many local theatres. This is what great memories are made of! Thanks for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This hotel is well located not prime position but still ... close to the Beverly Centre is easy to get anywhere on LA on a short drive. This hotel is not top star but the service is good, the rooms are well equipped and have all you need. The staff is so friendly they go over and above their duties to help you out. They have a daily cheese and wine offering between 5 and 7 which makes it even a bit more special. B/fast is all you can eat and although very basic is good quality and plenty and staff is always ready to assist you. Wifi is free all over but they also have business centre. Overall a great place to stay that does not get you broke.

• Stayed April 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Just got back from a few nights stay at the Elan L.A. I have to say, the pleasantness and politeness of every single staff member we encountered could not have been better. The room was more updated, and pleasant than I expected. And for some reason we absolutely loved hanging out in the comfortably loungey lobby with it's floor to ceiling view of the street scene. All the complimentary extras made it feel like home away from home.
Of special mention is Elaine (?), our happy hour hostess. So pleasant and charming. Perfect location, we were able to walk to Beverly Center and The Grove.
Sometimes when staying at a 'boutique' hotel, your not sure what the reality will be. The Elan exceeded our expectations. The only con out of all these pro's is that the rooms basically have no view but were exceptionally quiet considering the location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel Los Angeles, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your recent stay with us and are happy that you feel that the Élan Hotel is your “home away from home”. Your Trip Advisor review is very thoughtful and very much appreciated as well. It has been forwarded to all of the staff to read. The team enjoys the day to day encounters from guests such as you from around the world.
I am glad that you found our guest rooms to be accommodating and comfortable. Many of our guests enjoy spending time in our lobby to relax and watch television or sip a glass of wine during our wine and cheese reception. The name of our hostess is Arione. She enjoys her job and loves talking to guests that she meets at the reception.
Our location is central to so much of what Los Angeles has to offer, whether it is dining, shopping, sightseeing, or nightlife, there is something for everyone.
We are pleased that we exceeded your expectations and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed in the Elan Hotel for 3 nights in April 2013. I was in LA for a conference and switched hotels afterwards for my "vacation" to the Elan. I picked this hotel because a friend of mine stayed here in the winter, and recommended it.

The check in was a breeze and the staff were able to let me into my room, even though I arrived in the morning. The hotel is located close to the Beverly Center Mall (2 minute walk), which is very handy! There is a CVS pharmacy (open 24 hours), a Target, Marshall's and other stores within a 2 minute walk as well, so all of this is great!

The Farmer's market, Grove (outdoor shopping mall) and CBS studios are all less than a 30 minute walk away at Fairfax. There are also tonnes of cute shops and restaurants 2 blocks south of the hotel, on 3rd street. One of the hop off-hop off bus companies stop at the Beverly Center and there are buses close to the hotel as well. So in this sense, the location is ideal.

The hotel has free Wifi, printing access in the lobby and a min-fridge, all very handy. The free breakfast is basic, but covers what you need with bagels, cereal, muffins, fruit, yogart, oatmeal, pastries and hard boiled eggs. Strangely no bread for toast though. However, each morning they did bring out a carrot bread, which was yummy.

The hotel itself has only 2 floors and the rooms were small, but had enough space to get around. It backs onto a residential area, so it was quiet at night. Also unlike downtown, I felt safe walking back to the hotel at night and the streets always had someone on it.

The staff at the front desk were also amazing. Everyone was so helpful - from booking a taxi, to making restaurant suggestions, it was all top notch. They even offered to come up to the room to get my bags when checking out. Who does that anymore?

My only complaints about this hotel were that the bed is very very firm, and the pillows a bit hard. Add that to the light outside, and getting a good night sleep was a bit of a challenge. But that was really my personal preference, and I am not blaming the hotel.

My only other piece of advice was to look at the attractions you want to see in LA and pick your hotel accordingly. I often ended up in a cab because I couldn't get to where I needed to go from the hotel or needed to be somewhere by a specific time (which made the bus not an option). The hotel doesn't have a subway close by and without a car, getting around LA can be hard. So some pre-planning does help!

I would completely recommend the Elan Hotel. It was good value for the money, in a good location and the service was great. I would come back again if I was in LA.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel Los Angeles, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear Guest,
We are happy that you selected the Élan Hotel for your vacation after your conference ended downtown. We are very central to many shopping venues including Rodeo Drive as well as the Beverly Center and The Grove at Farmers Market. I’m glad that you thought our location was ideal. Thanks for mentioning our amenities. The morning expanded continental breakfast is very popular.
As the Elan Hotel is a two story building it is very easy in and out whether you are walking or driving a car. The residential area behind the hotel is a nice place to take an evening stroll. I will pass you comments on to the staff for them to read. They will be happy that you mentioned them.
Had we known, we do offer a pillow-top mattress which helps to make our beds less firm. We agree that we are a good value for the dollar when you consider all of our amenities. Thanks for recommending the Elan. We appreciate your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The hotel is in a good location. There are a few restaurant near this place and also a big department store. The service is great. Hotel staffs are very helpful . There is also a free wine and cheese hour. The environment is comfortable and beautiful. The room is very impressive. It is lovely and very clean and the necessary facilities in the room are all provided. My family wanted to the Camarillo outlet which is quite far from here. They gave me the information and contacted the taxi for us.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Elan Hotel Los Angeles? Share your experiences!