“Exceptional” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Broken hill,
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

What can I say, our stay here was absolutely brilliant. Definitely the best hotel we have stayed in for some time. Staff were great, room was fantastic ( slept like babies), location was perfect for hop on hop off buses and shopping. Close to Farmers Market for great meals and live entertainment. Hotel breakfast was very nice. We wanted to leave our car parked there for a few hours after check out, no problems. It seemed nothing could have been a problem for the staff to make our stay so pleasurable. Thank you all so much.

• Stayed April 2013
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel Los Angeles, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

The staff is very happy to read that your stay was “brilliant” as you described, and that our hotel was exceptional! The staff prides themselves on delivering a high level of customer service to all that enter our doors. I’m glad that you found our location to be convenient for dining, shopping, and entertainment. We thank you for being our guest and appreciate your review. Thank you.

851 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Élan is right by the Beverly center shopping mall, less than 5 minutes walk away.

The hotel gives you free nibbles and wine in the evening. There is a buffet cold breakfast in a morning.

We received an upgrade the last time we visited which was very welcome.

Happy to book tours and help you around the city.

Overall very recommended.

• Stayed May 2012
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel Los Angeles, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

The Élan Hotel is close to the Beverly Center shopping mall and the Grove at Farmers Market as well. These two venues make it very convenient for our guests who are visiting Los Angeles for shopping. Thanks for mentioning our morning expanded continental breakfast and evening wine and cheese reception. They are an added value for the dollar! We are happy that we were able to upgrade your stay this time. It just depends on our room availability. I hope you enjoyed the tours that you booked. This is a good way to see the city without driving! We appreciate your review and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

The people who work here make this hotel awesome. They accepted and held mail, didn't bat an eye about needing new linens in the night, were polite always. We have stayed here 3 different times since Oct for the proximity to Cedars Sinai Medical Center. We've stayed 39 nights total. So nice to have Target, CVS, Taco Bell and the Beverly Center super close. The housekeeping here is insanely good. The ladies insist on perfection. The breakfast area is well organized and has a good selection. I witnessed a man microwave a hard boiled egg...yes, it exploded. He simply shut the door and left it. Next person summoned help and the woman got on her hands and knees and cleaned it up without even frowning. I was do mad at the jerk who left it! The guys at the 24 hour desk got taxis for us and even arranged town car pickup for us at the airport. The valet is fabulous. We didn't have a car but he helped with our bags and brought bottled waters to us as we lounged in the lobby on the super comfy sectional couch. He always hustled to open the doors for us. The wine and cheese time is 2 hours and it is very nice. The cheeses are varied, the crackers and salami are bountiful. The rooms are tiny. The bathrooms are lovely, very nicely appointed. This hotel is very quiet and well kept. The folks who work here leave you alone and aren't nosy. It's a very quiet lobby, even during the wine hours. The a/c is always on....a little chilly in the lobby. This hotel should be classed higher. The service here is unmatched.

• Stayed March 2013
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel Los Angeles, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

The title of your review speaks for itself. Thanks for mentioning that you felt the service was “unmatched” as our entire staff is trained to provide the best customer service possible however challenging it may be. We appreciate your long-term stay with us. I am sure that it was convenient being so close to Cedar-Sinai Medical Center. Our location is central to so much of what Los Angeles has to offer. We are happy that you liked our amenities and that you found your room nicely appointed. Thanks for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was my 3rd visit to Elan for purposes of medical appointments at Cedars-Sinai. Each time I've stayed at Elan, the staff and amenities have been consistently excellent. Elan's boutique nature serves as a home away from home for me. The staff, including Joel Majors, General Manager, folks at the front desk, doormen, housekeeping staff, etc., have treated me as a special guest. I've met many other guests at the breakfast bar mornings, evening wine and cheese receptions, relaxing in the nicely appointed lobby (comfortable lounge chairs, sofas, tables and chairs as well as quiet evening lighting and candles on each table). I've kept in touch with some Elan new friends (one in Australia). My room was lovely with king size bed, WiFi connection, mini bar, flat screen TV, etc. The hotel is located close to a variety of shops and eateries, including The Beverly Center. There are many fun areas nearby and I've taken numerous walks, including 3rd street vintage shops and the Farmers Market (3rd and Fairfax). Elan is a gateway to fun and adventure, however, it is its' own treasure as a boutique hotel. I recommend it highly!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel Los Angeles, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments about your recent stay and your mention that it was your third time staying with us! Cedar-Sinai Medical Center is in very close proximity to the hotel which makes it very convenient for our guests. We are happy that we are your “home away from home”. All of our guests are very special to us and we appreciate every one of them. I am glad that you liked our room amenities and the morning continental breakfast and evening wine and cheese reception. It is fun to talk with other guests and meet people from around the globe. We like being considered the “gateway to fun and adventure” as well. Thanks for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Our family recently stayed at this hotel. The staff are exceptionally friendly. The hotel was clean, offered a nice continental breakfast, and was very well located. The parking is valet only. We used our car often and the staff always brought the car

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I'll keep this short and sweet: lobby staff very friendly and knowledgable; concierge at front door very obliging and helpful with luggage and car parking; continental breakfast very filling and constantly being topped up; afternoon wine and snacks a lovely touch (with South Australian reds the man drops offered!); very effective air-conditioning on such warm nights; spacious, comfy rooms; close to The Grove shopping centre and both the boulevards and all the tourist sights.
A real gem for tourists. Thanks!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I will most likely stay here again when I visit LA. The location is perfect, very central to most everything you would want to see. The lobby of the hotel is very nice. I had trouble finding a place to park while I checked in, the signs for a valet weren't clear. Once you go through the lobby the elevator and hallways are a little worn out and could use some updating. I wasn't sure if I was in the same hotel! The room was small but clean. The bed was very comfortable. My room looked out onto a little atrium but I kept the sliding door locked as I was travelling alone.
There was breakfast in the morning. It was good!
I did have a problem with my bill after I left. They charged me for something from the mini fridge that I definitely didn't take. I called them and it was removed from my bill immediately.
The staff was very nice and polite.
In all, a great find, good deal, comfortable hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel Los Angeles, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for mentioning our great location which is central to sightseeing, many great restaurants and nightlife. We do offer valet parking in front of the hotel and there is space available for one to check-in. Over the past year we have upgraded our hallways with new wallpaper and additional artwork. We will also be adding additional artwork this year in 2013. We are happy that you liked our amenities and that you enjoyed our continental breakfast. I will pass on your comments for the staff to read. I appreciate you review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Joel Majors

Been to Elan Hotel Los Angeles? Share your experiences!