“Good hotel, great price for LA” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Elan Hotel Los Angeles

Save Saved
You added Elan Hotel Los Angeles to your Saves list
Elan Hotel Los Angeles
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8435 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90048 (Central L.A.)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%
Ranked #7 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Massachusetts
“Good hotel, great price for LA”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I will most likely stay here again when I visit LA. The location is perfect, very central to most everything you would want to see. The lobby of the hotel is very nice. I had trouble finding a place to park while I checked in, the signs for a valet weren't clear. Once you go through the lobby the elevator and hallways are a little worn out and could use some updating. I wasn't sure if I was in the same hotel! The room was small but clean. The bed was very comfortable. My room looked out onto a little atrium but I kept the sliding door locked as I was travelling alone.
There was breakfast in the morning. It was good!
I did have a problem with my bill after I left. They charged me for something from the mini fridge that I definitely didn't take. I called them and it was removed from my bill immediately.
The staff was very nice and polite.
In all, a great find, good deal, comfortable hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel Los Angeles, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for mentioning our great location which is central to sightseeing, many great restaurants and nightlife. We do offer valet parking in front of the hotel and there is space available for one to check-in. Over the past year we have upgraded our hallways with new wallpaper and additional artwork. We will also be adding additional artwork this year in 2013. We are happy that you liked our amenities and that you enjoyed our continental breakfast. I will pass on your comments for the staff to read. I appreciate you review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

848 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Excellent location, extremely friendly staff and comfortable accomodations.
Loved the 5pm wine and cheese bar.
Beverly Blvd can be a bit loud at night, so careful which room you get.

Quality of staff is worth repeating. Front desk, waitress at cocktail hour, valet - they were all super friendly and attentive.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel Los Angeles, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are happy that we met your expectations however our ultimate goal is to exceed your expectations! We'll work on that for your next stay! :-) Thanks for mentioning our great location. We are very central to so much of what Los Angeles has to offer. I appreciate your mention of our staff. They all enjoy the day to day challenges and interaction with our guests. I will pass on your comments for them to read. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Thanks for your review.

Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed four days at the Elan Hotel at the end of January 2013, and it was one of the high points of our vacation in California. The room that we were given was on the second floor -- it was comfortable, not luxurious but very comfortable; the bed was very comfortable. The service at the front desk was outstanding and the valet service for our rental car was prompt and courteous. The hotel offers a continental breakfast which was included with the price of our room, and it was quite satisfactory (unless you need a hot breakfast). They also serve wine in the lobby in late afternoon; unfortunately, we never came back to the hotel early enough to takeadvantage of it but, one afternoon when we arrived just after the "bar" closed, the front desk person greeted us and had 2 glasses of wine sent up to our room.
The location of the hotel was perfect for our needs, midway between Beverly Hills and Hollywood, with easy access to the Santa Monica Freeway, the San Diego Freewayand Highway 101. Despite its central location, we found it very quiet at night.
We will certainly go back on our next visit to Los Angeles.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We are happy that staying at the Élan Hotel was one of the high points of your vacation in California. I appreciate your mention of the service that you received during you stay with us! I am glad that you liked our amenities and was able to enjoy our morning continental breakfast and evening wine and cheese reception (even though it was in your room).  Thanks for mentioning our great location and the easy access to the major freeways. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Thank you.

Palo Alto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The rooms are on the small side and the valet parking is a bit pricey, but everything else about the Elan is first rate. Great, West Hollywood location + friendly, helpful staff (special thanks to Michael Kim) + clean, quiet rooms with firm, comfortable beds + continental breakfast and evening hospitality (decent wine & snacks) make for a very pleasant experience. This was our second stay at the Elan and I'm sure we'll be back for a third.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The circumstances for my visit were awful as I needed a hotel that was close to Cedars Sinai hospital - where I could walk and feel safe. I wanted clean. This hotel was recommended by Cedars but also I read reviews online - which were pretty good. I stayed for 3 nights. While the room pricing was pretty good for the area and time (Oscars week), the valet parking is over $20 a night plus tax. It is what it is and you would have that anyway. The room was spacious, clean, and nicely appointed. WiFi is free (a big deal for me) and there are plenty of outlets for all the ipads, computers, Kendal, and phone chargers. Great that they put extra towels in the room. Coffee maker, safe, small refer, and hairdryer provided. Bring your own water is you don't want to spend for the Evian. Chocolates on the bed at night add a nice delicious touch. Guests have a lot to choose from on the continental breakfast and fruit is available all day. The common areas are very pleasant and the staff is unbelievably accommodating - and there all night. No restaurant on premises. We went to the Sushi restaurant on the west corner which was fantastic and innovative. Restaurants in the area are open late so no worries there. The Bevery Center and very cool design retailers are a skip away. One comment which has nothing to do with the hotel - it is on Beverly Blvd which is high traffic street so make sure your room is in the rear of the building and no near the one elevator. Street noise can be a problem. Deffinitely a return visit is on my list - and I own a hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room that does NOT face the street or near the one elevator to avoid street noise and guest...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel Los Angeles, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

You had us captivated at the title of your review! We are happy that you chose the Élan Hotel based on our location near Cedars-Sinai Medical Center as it is within walking distance of our hotel. Our parking charges are very competitive to other hotels in the area. We offer valet parking with unlimited in and out privileges. Thanks for mentioning the cleanliness of the hotel as well as our room amenities. The staff will appreciate your mention of their service as well. We appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and hopefully for a more pleasant occasion.

São Paulo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Nice location, small hotel, friendly staff, rooms with good space (for a big city) and with wine and cheese everyday ! They are located close to a shopping center and pharmacy, with easy access to all LA locations (by car). Recommended !

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I was in Hollywood on business and stayed at this Wonderful Hotel. Perfect location for everything, and away from the hustle and noise! The Staff is probably the most helpful and Friendly I have encountered EVER!.. The Management of this hotel needs to bottle up whatever training they use and share it with every other Major and smaller hotel chain in the U.S...The morning breakfast and the evening Wine and Cheese is such a nice touch. My room was so immaculately cleaned I was so impressed. I just can't say enough about this wonderful little place in LA. Thank you for a great stay

Scott, Houston, TX.

Room Tip: Ask for inner balcony!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel Los Angeles, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for mentioning our amenities and the customer service you received at the Élan Hotel. The staff will be very happy to read your review as they all take pride in their service to our guests. We appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back on your next business trip to Los Angeles. Thanks again!

Joel Majors

Been to Elan Hotel Los Angeles? Share your experiences!