“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Ottawa
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed four days at the Elan Hotel at the end of January 2013, and it was one of the high points of our vacation in California. The room that we were given was on the second floor -- it was comfortable, not luxurious but very comfortable; the bed was very comfortable. The service at the front desk was outstanding and the valet service for our rental car was prompt and courteous. The hotel offers a continental breakfast which was included with the price of our room, and it was quite satisfactory (unless you need a hot breakfast). They also serve wine in the lobby in late afternoon; unfortunately, we never came back to the hotel early enough to takeadvantage of it but, one afternoon when we arrived just after the "bar" closed, the front desk person greeted us and had 2 glasses of wine sent up to our room.
The location of the hotel was perfect for our needs, midway between Beverly Hills and Hollywood, with easy access to the Santa Monica Freeway, the San Diego Freewayand Highway 101. Despite its central location, we found it very quiet at night.
We will certainly go back on our next visit to Los Angeles.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel Los Angeles, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are happy that staying at the Élan Hotel was one of the high points of your vacation in California. I appreciate your mention of the service that you received during you stay with us! I am glad that you liked our amenities and was able to enjoy our morning continental breakfast and evening wine and cheese reception (even though it was in your room).  Thanks for mentioning our great location and the easy access to the major freeways. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Thank you.

Joel Majors

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Hebrew first
Palo Alto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The rooms are on the small side and the valet parking is a bit pricey, but everything else about the Elan is first rate. Great, West Hollywood location + friendly, helpful staff (special thanks to Michael Kim) + clean, quiet rooms with firm, comfortable beds + continental breakfast and evening hospitality (decent wine & snacks) make for a very pleasant experience. This was our second stay at the Elan and I'm sure we'll be back for a third.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The circumstances for my visit were awful as I needed a hotel that was close to Cedars Sinai hospital - where I could walk and feel safe. I wanted clean. This hotel was recommended by Cedars but also I read reviews online - which were pretty good. I stayed for 3 nights. While the room pricing was pretty good for the area and time (Oscars week), the valet parking is over $20 a night plus tax. It is what it is and you would have that anyway. The room was spacious, clean, and nicely appointed. WiFi is free (a big deal for me) and there are plenty of outlets for all the ipads, computers, Kendal, and phone chargers. Great that they put extra towels in the room. Coffee maker, safe, small refer, and hairdryer provided. Bring your own water is you don't want to spend for the Evian. Chocolates on the bed at night add a nice delicious touch. Guests have a lot to choose from on the continental breakfast and fruit is available all day. The common areas are very pleasant and the staff is unbelievably accommodating - and there all night. No restaurant on premises. We went to the Sushi restaurant on the west corner which was fantastic and innovative. Restaurants in the area are open late so no worries there. The Bevery Center and very cool design retailers are a skip away. One comment which has nothing to do with the hotel - it is on Beverly Blvd which is high traffic street so make sure your room is in the rear of the building and no near the one elevator. Street noise can be a problem. Deffinitely a return visit is on my list - and I own a hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room that does NOT face the street or near the one elevator to avoid street noise and guest...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel Los Angeles, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

You had us captivated at the title of your review! We are happy that you chose the Élan Hotel based on our location near Cedars-Sinai Medical Center as it is within walking distance of our hotel. Our parking charges are very competitive to other hotels in the area. We offer valet parking with unlimited in and out privileges. Thanks for mentioning the cleanliness of the hotel as well as our room amenities. The staff will appreciate your mention of their service as well. We appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and hopefully for a more pleasant occasion.

São Paulo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Nice location, small hotel, friendly staff, rooms with good space (for a big city) and with wine and cheese everyday ! They are located close to a shopping center and pharmacy, with easy access to all LA locations (by car). Recommended !

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I was in Hollywood on business and stayed at this Wonderful Hotel. Perfect location for everything, and away from the hustle and noise! The Staff is probably the most helpful and Friendly I have encountered EVER!.. The Management of this hotel needs to bottle up whatever training they use and share it with every other Major and smaller hotel chain in the U.S...The morning breakfast and the evening Wine and Cheese is such a nice touch. My room was so immaculately cleaned I was so impressed. I just can't say enough about this wonderful little place in LA. Thank you for a great stay

Scott, Houston, TX.

Room Tip: Ask for inner balcony!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel Los Angeles, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for mentioning our amenities and the customer service you received at the Élan Hotel. The staff will be very happy to read your review as they all take pride in their service to our guests. We appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back on your next business trip to Los Angeles. Thanks again!

Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The Elan is a stylish boutique hotel with a gracious staff who went out of their way to help me. When I checked out early this morning, the battery in my rental car had died the valet spend nearly 30 minutes trying to get it jump-started. One of the front desk agents also helped by finding jumper cables for the valet to use. They both did everything they could to make sure I made my return flight home. The hotel itself is clean, tidy and quiet with a self-serve breakfast that is several cuts above what you normally find at a three star hotel. Same observation about their daily wine, cheese and fruit serving in the lobby which was served on time each day and included an enjoyable wine selection. The location is right by the Beverly Center and you can easily walk to the upscale shops on Melrose Avenue or venture a bit further into the heart of West Hollywood on foot. I'll stay here again on my next visit to LA for sure. Again, the customer service was topnotch and they are there for you if you need them.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We are happy that we were able to help you get your car started and make it to the airport on time to catch your flight. It is our goal that all guests “experience exceptional service” and this was just an extended part of the customer service. Thanks for mentioning our morning breakfast and evening wine reception. Both are extremely popular with our guests and I am glad that you enjoyed them. You are right about our location. It is one that cannot be beat as we have shopping, dining, and nightlife within minutes of our doors. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Brooklyn, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I've stayed at the Hotel Elan on several occasions for business, and I've never had anything less than a pleasant experience. It's far cleaner than many other hotels, which is very important to me as I have a severe allergy to dust. The proximity to the Beverly Center means anyone you're trying to meet up with knows exactly where that is, and it's a good location for getting around the city. Having breakfast included is a big plus--it means one less hassle when you're away from home. Plus they have good quality tea. The diner across the street is decent, Mandarette a block away has excellent fresh Chinese food (I always get the string beans with ginger), and Kings Road Cafe another block away is known to have the best lattes in Los Angeles. I also appreciate the reasonable price, since I work for a nonprofit and have to keep costs down when I travel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Elan Hotel Los Angeles? Share your experiences!