“Terrific Boutique Hotel with Accommodating Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Discounted Valet Parking
Ranked #6 of 323 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Overland Park, Kansas
“Terrific Boutique Hotel with Accommodating Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The Elan is a stylish boutique hotel with a gracious staff who went out of their way to help me. When I checked out early this morning, the battery in my rental car had died the valet spend nearly 30 minutes trying to get it jump-started. One of the front desk agents also helped by finding jumper cables for the valet to use. They both did everything they could to make sure I made my return flight home. The hotel itself is clean, tidy and quiet with a self-serve breakfast that is several cuts above what you normally find at a three star hotel. Same observation about their daily wine, cheese and fruit serving in the lobby which was served on time each day and included an enjoyable wine selection. The location is right by the Beverly Center and you can easily walk to the upscale shops on Melrose Avenue or venture a bit further into the heart of West Hollywood on foot. I'll stay here again on my next visit to LA for sure. Again, the customer service was topnotch and they are there for you if you need them.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel Los Angeles, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are happy that we were able to help you get your car started and make it to the airport on time to catch your flight. It is our goal that all guests “experience exceptional service” and this was just an extended part of the customer service. Thanks for mentioning our morning breakfast and evening wine reception. Both are extremely popular with our guests and I am glad that you enjoyed them. You are right about our location. It is one that cannot be beat as we have shopping, dining, and nightlife within minutes of our doors. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Joel Majors

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Brooklyn, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I've stayed at the Hotel Elan on several occasions for business, and I've never had anything less than a pleasant experience. It's far cleaner than many other hotels, which is very important to me as I have a severe allergy to dust. The proximity to the Beverly Center means anyone you're trying to meet up with knows exactly where that is, and it's a good location for getting around the city. Having breakfast included is a big plus--it means one less hassle when you're away from home. Plus they have good quality tea. The diner across the street is decent, Mandarette a block away has excellent fresh Chinese food (I always get the string beans with ginger), and Kings Road Cafe another block away is known to have the best lattes in Los Angeles. I also appreciate the reasonable price, since I work for a nonprofit and have to keep costs down when I travel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The Élan Hotel is one of my favorite places to stay...they are very generous with their extras...probably the cleanest hotel you will ever stay at! The morning breakfast always has fresh coffee and tempting sweets as well as yogurt and fruit. The afternoon offers wine and cheese. Free wifi is included...really where else can you get all this for such a reasonable rate!!!

Room Tip: Ask for inner court yard for a quieter room...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel Los Angeles, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are very happy to read that the Élan Hotel is one of your favorite places to stay in Los Angeles. Thanks for your comments about our amenities. We appreciate the mention about the cleanliness of the hotel and I will pass on your comments for the staff to read. We believe that we are a good value for the dollar as we offer complimentary Wi-Fi, morning continental breakfast, and evening wine and cheese reception all inclusive of the rate. We appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards and Safe Travels,

Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

The Elan Hotel is the only place I would stay in LA, and this was my fourth stay. I find the location very convenient, the hotel to be clean and the staff to be very professional and friendly. I enjoy the included morning breakfast. A common note of complaint in a lot of LA hotel reviews is the parking cost, but most hotels in LA will charge for parking. The Elan valet park all cars and they're quick to bring the car out when you request it. I always ask for a quiet room, and this visit was the only time I had a problem with noise. It was a minor issue: the person in the room next to me decided to watch television until 1am and their television was obviously mounted on the wall my bed was against. It was okay with ear plugs, but a bit annoying. While there is a local restaurant that delivers to Elan, the Beverly Center (small food court with great salads on level 8) is a five minute walk away and there is a Japanese restaurant, a diner and a Taco Bell very close by. I sometimes walk to The Grove, and that's a 25 minute walk.

Room Tip: I've stayed in a number of different rooms, and I've found that when I request a quiet room...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel Los Angeles, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are pleased to read that the Élan Hotel is the only hotel that you would stay at in Los Angeles! I appreciate your mention of our location as it is a very central one. Thanks for mentioning our Valet Parking. Since the Élan Hotel is a small boutique hotel, it is quick and convenient. I am sorry that you experienced a noise problem during your stay with us. I’m glad that you tried the food court at the Beverly Center! There is a good selection of restaurants at the food court and so many other good restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

milano
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I work in the travel business and this is a great little place...yes the rooms are not huge but they have everything and are clean!
They even do turn down service. All staff was great and willing to help.
Breakfast was perfect for me..great crossaints like in France..the only thing I would change is the blend of coffee but thats personal taste. I would highly reccomend it..location is great..

Room Tip: had room towards the back very very quiet
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel Los Angeles, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

The title of your review is great, great, great! We appreciate your comments. Thanks for mentioning the turn-down service and the staff. I am glad that you liked our expanded continental breakfast. I appreciate the comparison of our croissants to those in France. Our blend of coffee is a Wolfgang Puck Signature blend. Thanks for recommending the Élan Hotel!

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Elan for a few days in January 2013. The location is great. You are basically 15 minutes from all the attractions (at least the ones we wanted to see)...Graumans, Walk of Fame, The Grove/Farmers Market, Rodeo Drive, Griffith Observatory, LaBrea Tar Pits, Sunset Strip, and Beverly Hills. Free breakfast was awesome (since we paid so much for our other meals...this was great!). They even have a wine, cheese and sausage for free from 5 to 7. The staff was very attentive and helpful. As discussed in some of the other review, yes, the rooms are kind of small as is the bathroom but we weren't in our room much so this wasn't a problem for us. You do have to valet and that's an extra $24/night but I'd still stay here again if I wanted to do the attractions referenced above.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We are happy to read that our location was one that suited your needs. As you mentioned we are central to so much of what Los Angeles has to offer. I am happy that you felt that our continental breakfast was awesome and thanks for mentioning the attentive and helpful staff! They pride themselves on delivering an overall guest experience that should exceed one’s expectations! One of the nice things about our Valet service is that it is convenient and quick. I just wanted to mention that our Valet parking costs is very competitive with other hotels in our area. Thanks for your review of our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

West Richland, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights for a medical conference, 1/2013 & really wasn't familiar with the area. Had exceptional customer service. Originally put in a room on Beverly Blvd. street side which was very noisy. Requested a more quiet room which was easily accomplished with their great staff.
The room had everything I needed, bed was hard but otherwise everything was great. The breakfast was on the small size but seemed to have alot of variety for a continuental type. The wine reception nightly had Merlot & Chardonnay, along with various cheese & crackers & dried fruit. If you didn't go with the wine there was lemon water & lemonade-good touch.
Staff helped with sight seeing suggestions & was eager to answer any questions to facilitate this.
Would definitely stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: Don't select a room on Beverly Blvd. side of Hotel, too noisy with road traffic.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Elan Hotel Los Angeles? Share your experiences!