“Would recomment the "Pretty Woman" hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10300 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90024 (Westside)   |
Ranked #100 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Would recomment the "Pretty Woman" hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

The whole experience was amazing. We stayed for our 25th anniversary and when checking in, we were asked if were celebrating anything. When told, we were upgraded to a suite and on our last night, we received a complimentary cake from the hotel, which was a thoughtful touch.
The cleanliness was fantastic and the staff extremely helpful, in fact went out of their way to help.
Had a meal one night in the hotel and this again was wonderful, with a band providing background entertainment.
Great location for getting to Hollywood and Universal Studios and Rodeo Drive is just across the road.
Would definitely recommend this hotel but if you are on a budget be careful when ordering drinks in the bar - 36 dollars for 2 glasses of wine.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
bhplaza, Manager at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for this excellent review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay, and we're honored that you celebrated your anniversary with us. I'm glad we were able to make it a little more special with a suite upgrade and a little something sweet to eat on your final night. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness and comfort of our suites, and I'm very happy to hear that you found everything to be tidy and were impressed with the staff. I hope you'll come back to see us again the next time you're celebrating -- we look forward to having you!

Best,
Sai Yang - Director of Sales and Reservations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We wanted a stopover after a long flight from Sydney to Los Angeles, and before we had a shorter flight to Miami, so we booked two nights at the Plaza. Just like last time, we had a great stay. Our flight arrived to LAX very early (around 7am) and after the interminable wait at customs and immigration, we made our way out to the Plaza by 1030. We expected to drop our bags and go find breakfast, but were able to check in -- terrific.

We had a comfortable deluxe room in the western wing (room 610), near the jacuzzi. The bedroom was quiet, and the lounge area filled with the sounds of the little waterfall nearby. The rooms themselves are rather old fashioned and plush, but everything works perfectly, and the room was spotless. Our only minor complaint was noise from above: the floorboards creak perilously - at one point, we feared the guest above us would tumble through! Fortunately the noise was kept to a minimum overnight.

Hotel location is good, on the bus route between Santa Monica and downtown. We didn't rent a car on this occasion, but took a taxi from LAX (around $45), then used the bus to visit the pier and beach, and to pop into Beverly Hills proper. It was all very easy and convenient. There's little in the way of shops or restaurants near the hotel, but plenty a short bus ride (or a 20-25 minute walk) away.

Staff were all very friendly, welcoming and hospitable and made us feel right at home.

We'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Probably if you want a quieter room, ask for one away from the pool.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm so happy to hear that your stay was such a success and that you'll be back to see us again in the future. It sounds like you were happy with your room, the service, and the location, which is wonderful to hear. Regarding the floorboards, I apologize if noise issues detracted from your comfort in any way. Please know we are working diligently on getting these issues resolved, and sound-proofing the floors is a top-priority project for us. We hope to have all of this work completed by the end of this year. As always, we'll shoot for complete perfection during your next visit — please let us know if we achieve it!

Looking forward to next time,
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The front desk staff was very friendly and did everything they could to accomodate you and provide you with any extra requests. Actually, the entire staff of the hotel were very friendly.
I would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front may be a little noisy due to the traffic on Wilshire Blvd but it did not bother m...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
bhplaza, Manager at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
It's wonderful to hear this. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and I will be sure to pass this along to the entire staff. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

All the best,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I called the hotel from the road, since I have an accent Mr Randy thought it was a prank phone call he told me that he couldn't check my reservation with my last name! He said that I need a reservation #, I told him I was driving he simply refused to check the info for me! Simply rude, humiliating and unprofessional. After "seemingly" checking he said that I didn't have a reservation, go figure. Other than that the hotel was almost perfect and everybody else was very professional and helpful. We stayed there 08/19 & 20/2013 in room 630. We'll be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
bhplaza, Manager at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
It's a good thing that your stay with us was so close to perfect, because we really felt terrible about the misunderstanding before your arrival! I sincerely apologize for that miscommunication on the phone, and I'm so relieved that everything got sorted out and that the remainder of your stay was comfortable and the staff was professional. I look forward to having you back again soon and please contact me directly so that we truly can perfect your experience!

Best,
Sai Yang - Director of Sales and Recreation
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Reserv. pd. ahead. Day before credit c. stolen & had 2 cancel it. At check in clerk wanted a c. c. 4 incidentals & I didn't have 1 & was asked twice how much money did I have in my pocket by front desk Frank? I felt it was rude. Next the reserv. mgr, Sai, stated I needed a c. c. & I explained & was asked the same question about cash. Guests were around & it was embarrassing. Finally I gave $500 & $2,000 the next day. They looked at me like I was nothing. I had requested a quiet room on a high floor because I was starting a new job. I got to the room 2 c the minibar being rolled out & a room that was noisey. I was so upset that I called my trip planner who spoke w/general mgr., Zair, who next day moved me 2 a new room w/o a minibar. Later I ordered room service & after it arrived was told that I had 2 pay. I stated the hotel had $2500 of my money & was refusing 2 allow the restaurant 2 get paid $19 for a meal! My planner spoke 2 a clerk who stated he couldn't allow the meal 2 be paid 4 & she suggested he call g.m. After waiting she called him back & he stated it was taken care of & the "notes" weren't clear. I was so glad 2 leave this place that my checkout was done by my planner who Reserv. mgr. stated needed a signed letter from me 2 return my cash balance & room inspection 4 any damages. Even after I gave the front desk the note she left instructions 4 me 2 sign it again in front of them. After 3 weeks I was happy to leave & my checkout took over 1 hour because front desk couldn't do the checkout correctly, housekeeping had to inspect my room & they had charged me twice 4 Internet on 1 day. No apologies & very rude service. Also, they wanted a misc. charge slip for $2500 signed instead of a refund slip for $2271.39 after my incidental charges.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
bhplaza, Manager at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
I'm very sorry that there were complications with your reservation and your incidentals. As you've probably concluded, we generally hold a Credit Card for incidentals. Most CC companies overnight a new card immediately upon cancellation due to theft, thus it is quite unusual for our guests to request a cash-only incidentals policy.

That said, there is no excuse for anyone on staff to be rude to any of our guests, and I sincerely apologize if that was the case. This situation aside, I hope you were able to enjoy the property.

Take care,
Sai Yang - Director of Sales and Recreation
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is great for the pice but not quite what I would have expected for "the plaza". We upgraded to the king luxury suite by the pool. Rooms were large but old and kind of stuffy. Kitchen was absolutely nothing special but the bathroom and bedroom was very nice with French doors opening to Wilshire. Pool was pretty and quiet. Shampoo products were crap. Ok for one or two nights but wouldn't want to stay longer. We had just came from the Beverly Hilton and would much rather stay there, they welcome u back every time u arrive, they give u complimentary water in your car, service is great and rooms were beautiful and large. Also the plaza offers NO free wifi the Beverly Hilton at least offers it free in the lobby.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on our property. I'm happy to hear that you were pleased with the suite and that you were able to relax at the pool!

As for the elements of your stay that were less satisfactory, I certainly apologize, and I encourage you to give us another shot next time you're in the neighborhood. We're consistently making upgrades and continually taking into account the requests and comments of our guests in hopes of improving your overall experience. I hope to have you back again soon — I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised!

Thanks again,
Sai Yang, Director of Sales & Reservations
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

As soon as we drove into the Valet...we were greeted with the upmost care and hospitality. The lobby was absolutely stunning....front desk agents were extremely nice and helpful and prompt in assisting us during our check in time. We were early but had to wait a bit for our room to be ready, they were gracious enough to seat us in the lobby while we waited and offered us a drink while we waited. They were kind to inform us that check in time was not until 3 pm but they we going to work diligently on getting our room ready for us as we had a long flight into LA. It didn't take long for us to get our room, we booked a suite by the koi pond it was small but was fine because we loved that it had a kitchenette for us to use and a small frig for us to put our drinks or left overs in since we were hardly going to spend much time in the suite but needed a place to sleep so the small suite worked out great for us.

The decor and the garden side was very peaceful and beautiful....I've read reviews complaining about the stairs but we actually didn't mind the stairs. We also read reviews about how thin the walls were but we actually didn't hear anything from the rooms next to us. The hotel was very clean, we were very happy about the maid service! Everyone was very nice and helpful! The suites by the poolside was very very big and next time we stay here we will spend more money to stay on the suites by the pool area....

We only ate once in the restaurant and their breakfast was superb for hotel dining. We expected the price to be much more expensive but definitely got our money's worth and not as costly as we had anticipated. I had some time to kill so i booked a spa treatment and it was spectacular! I got a special for $99 and it was fabulous!

Best part is that all the rooms have kitchenette or full kitchens, its perfect for families who have little kids and need to store their milk or heat up food for your kids...most hotels in this area does not offer this so being here really helped us out!

Room Tip: Definitely spend the money and book the large suites by the poolside...we booked a non-refundable re...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
First of all, thank you so much for this wonderful review! I'm so glad you had such a lovely stay. It means a great deal to us that you feel relaxed, comfortable, and well looked-after when you're here, and getting this feedback makes all of us really pleased — I'll be sure to share it with the entire team.

I'm glad you were able to make good use of your kitchenette, and that you made it to the spa and the restaurant. Overall, sounds like a great trip! We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family again, and we'd love to set you up in a suite by the pool.

Thanks again!
Sai Yang
Director of Sales and Recreation

Been to Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!