“Excellent Tour” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 214 activities in Los Angeles
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Legends Of Hollywood Tour is a state of the art multimedia tour of Hollywood & Beverly Hills. We travel in a luxurious Mercedes Benz Sprinter equipped with a 32" HDTV flat screen monitor with high end audio. Our tour focuses on Hollywood's legendary stars, past and present. Stars from all sectors of the entertainment world will be featured with a montage of film clips, theme songs, locations, photographs, stories, history, sound effects and more. Our emphasis is on television tales, movie moments and musical memories.40 Celebrity homes * 30 TV, Movie and Rock-n-Roll locations * 20 Crime, scandal and tragedy sites * 10 famous landmark.Complimentary water and snack.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Recently returned from my first visit to LA,wanted to see as much of the city as possible because we were only there for 5 days. There were many tours to choose from and thankfully we picked the right one. This is a small owner operated company which allows for a more personal touch, from reservation to drop off service was excellent. The owner Mark arrives on time in a mercedes van(very classy),we tour downtown LA, beautiful Beverly Hills, Hollywood Walk of Fame, great photo op at the HOLLYWOOD sign in the Hollywood Hills, Rodeo Drive and the Farmers Market at The Grove. It is a 5 hour tour and well worth the $79 adult and $59 student price we paid. We opted for the afternoon tour (not early risers), but morning tour may have been better only because we were there in November and it got dark early. The morning tour is 8:30 til 1:30 and the afternoon tour is 2 til 7. I would highly recommend this tour especially to first time visitors.

Visited November 2012
Legends_Of_Hollywood, Owner at Legends Of Hollywood Tours, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank You so much for taking my tour and taking the time to write a review.... your support is much appreciated....MM

Falls Church, VA
“Tops in Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Our 8-day LA trip started with our best moment at an Olvera Street restaurant where the mariachis serenaded my wife. The food was so-so. We then went on a 5-day Road Scholar tour of museums and that was terrific. An LA conservancy walk seemed like the icing on our downtown LA exposure. After a fun public bus trip to Santa Monica, we thought we had done just about all we could do reasonably, but we had one more day and we decided to treat ourselves to a Legends of Hollywood tour. We thought it would be fun, if nothing else. Well, it knocked our socks off. I cannot believe how much we saw, from downtown's Victorian neighborhoods to Beverly Hills' extravagant lifestyle. And Mark even drove us by my boyhood home, and stopped to let a Canadian couple inspect one of the Rodeo Drive boutiques. I don't believe in perfect scores, but Legends really is extraordinary. Worth every penny and more!

Visited November 2012
Legends_Of_Hollywood, Owner at Legends Of Hollywood Tours, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
This is Mark.....Thanks for writing a review of my tour and thanks for giving me the opportunity to "knock your socks off"...lol....I got a kick out of taking you by your boyhood home in the beautiful Hancock Park section of LA.....my pleasure meeting you and thanks for the support....MM
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Best Tour Ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

First time visit to LA, was on a business trip from DC and had only one day to take a tour of LA. As I was looking for recommended tours of LA I asked concierge of hotel and by far everyone highly recomended Legends of Hollywood Tours. Went ahead and made reservations and hoped it would be good and at least get to see the great tourist attractions. It was the best decision ever and it was far more than great...it was AMAZING and totally recommend it to everyone. Mark was just great and just made you feel like you were on tour with family. Loved every minute of it and can't stop talking about it! I am now planning a trip to LA with my family and look forward to them experiencing the tour!!!

Visited November 2012
Hi, This is MARK and Thanks for writing such an AMAZING review of my tour. I am so glad you had a great time and if you do get back out this way I would love to show the whole family around....Thanks for your support...MM
trabuco canyon
6 attraction reviews
“Great Private Funny VIP Tour of Hollywood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My girlfriend and I came to Los Angeles for the weekend to see the Oprah Convention 10/12 and even though we only live an hour or so away, we had never seen the sights in Los Angeles and Hollywood. We were prepared to go on the Hop on Hop Off Bus right across from our hotel at LA Live. After waiting for the bus which never showed up, we went back to the Marriott and told them the situation. They quickly booked the last 2 seats on their favorite company - Legends of Hollywood Tours. The price was $69 senior and $79 adult for a 5 1/2 hour tour and the driver showed up a few minutes late apologizing in a nice Mercedes Van. I got the front seat and was delighted. There were 11 people. The guide was very knowledgeable and had video screens showing clips of old movies, famous celebrities, aerial pictures of their homes, laugh tracks, old tv shows and music playing as we approached the different sights to show us where they were filmed. We went all over from the Walt Disney Concert Hall,Beverly Hills, Sunset Strip, The Grove and best of all, he got us real close to the Hollywood sign. He even took wonderful creative pictures of us holding up the sign. He was so knowledgeable and pointed out all the famous stars homes. The only thing was it was a little long. We could have skipped many of the homes as it was getting dusk and we were hungry by 7:30. He dropped us off at the Farmers Market for dinner and was going to pick us up later, but we decided to go back to the hotel. The traffic was horrible on a Friday night and took us 45 minutes to get back. We did have a great time and would recommend this tour. He will customize it for you. It is way better than a big tour bus.

Visited October 2012
This is MARK and I wanted to Thank You for taking my tour. I appreciate your feedback and taking the time to write a review. It was my pleasure showing you around LA.....MM
london
“A great way to see the city in a few hours, with a marvellous tour guide!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

We were only in LA for a short time and we wanted to do the main sights. Mark didn't have a tour available but he accommodated us willingly, there were only us three on the tour and he made it personal and special for us all, we saw all the main sights and he kept our interest throughout, my 10 year old would say this was one if the highlights of our two week vacation. This is truly a special experience and although Mark must be doing the same thing over and over again we never once felt like his tour was scripted at all. I would recommend this tour to anyone!

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of my tour..I appreciate your support and it was my pleasure showing you nice folks around LA.....MARK MORROW