“How Does This Dump Stay in Business???” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sky Bar

Sky Bar
Mondrian Hotel, 8440 Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA (Central L.A)
323-848-6025
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #64 of 274 nightlife in Los Angeles
Type: Bar/ Clubs
Activities: Nightlife, Drinking
Attraction Details
westport ireland
“How Does This Dump Stay in Business???”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

On 8/7/09, my wife and I visited Sky Bar to have a few cocktails and a good time. We were dressed very nice and had plenty of money to spend. Upon arrival, I ran to the mens room and my wife waited for me by the front door. My wife is tall, blonde and attractive but she is also 50 years old. The bald foreign manager came up to her and told her she "Needed to move along, that they don't need 'her kind' there. " She asked him what he meant by that and he insinuated that she was a "Hooker". When I came out she told me what he said and when I asked him why he would call her a hooker, I was immediately surrounded by several "bouncers" looking for a fight. The Sky Bar is a joke and we CAN NOT understand how on earth they can stay in business treating customers that way, especially in this economy. We will be sure to tell everyone we know about our horrible experience and to avoid Sky Bar on Sunset Strip. For a good time, great service and good food, we recommend the Tower Bar and Restaurant at the Sunset Tower next door.

Los Angeles
“TOTAL ATTITUDE! NOT WORTH THE HEADACHE OR MONEY!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

All the employees have total attitudes and we were treated with complete disrespect despite the fact that we were 2 guys and 5 hot girls wanting table service.

So many better places in L.A. where you won't be treated like crap!

Don't waste your time or money!

United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Cockroaches on the Couches”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

The customer service was less than that we experienced at other bars on Sunset Boulevard. The prices were the most expensive we paid on the strip. The experience was made even worse after a large cockroach emerged from right underneath the couch we were sitting on. When we bought this to the attention of the management nothing was done to 'make good' this unpleasant experience.