“Perfect Service and Comfort” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1224 Beverwill Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90035 (Westside)   |
Ranked #25 of 328 Hotels in Los Angeles
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect Service and Comfort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Mr. C on the last stop of our honeymoon and it was definitely the best hotel of our trip.

On arrival in our car, we were welcomed by 4 valets and the valet manager. Our keys were taken from us and our luggage was unloaded as we were escorted straight to the bar for a complimentary cocktail. We were then welcomed by the duty manager who checked us in while we drank our cocktail and handed over the key card. On entering our room our luggage was carefully laid out and we were ready to go. Absolutely seamless. Other hotels should take note.

We had a premium standard room which was well appointed, well decorated and very comfortable. The rooms have everything you need... A well stocked mini bar, a spacious balcony and other little touches like shoe bags, shoe horns, umbrellas, premium robes, slippers, and a fine selection of snacks.

The car valet service was excellent. Your car was ready for you in seconds and the staff were efficient and polite, even making sure the roof was down before they handed over the keys!

Other areas of service were also excellent. I left my room with my ice bucket on a mission to find the ice machine and I was immediately confronted by a member of staff who assured me that 2 floors was far too far to go on my own and insisted that they would go and get the ice for me. I drank all the beer in my mini bar and with one call a chap was up to re stock it in minutes. Later I treated myself to a shoe shine which was a reasonable $10 and left my boots absolutely gleaming.

I cannot say enough about this hotel. By far one of the best hotels I have stayed in.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Cristian R, Front Office Manager at Mr. C Beverly Hills, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Simon P,
What a lovely review! We're excited to hear that you've experienced a "perfect service and comfort" while at Mr.C; this is our goal for every guest. We hope to see you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kuwait City, Kuwait
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Where should I start. I booked the hotel using a travel agent that requested a twin beds ( two beds) for 10 nights. I arrive to the hotel coming from half way across the world to find that the room has king size bed and that it was a request not a guarantee to get a twin beds. I stayed in the SLS Beverly Hills, Hilton Beverly Hills and Hyatt Century hotel and I never heard of a request not guaranteed. They wanted us to pay for another room in order to guarantee two beds or get an extra bed which is horrible for the amount I paid for this tiny room (above $300 a night). We had no choice but to settle for an extra bed, since we didn't have extra money to get another room. The door for the room is disgusting (see the pic) painted poorly and dirty. When we entered the room there was a horrible smell...look at the table I told them to remove it cause it was all dirty (pics attached) and the room pictures look at the dirty old furniture. There is construction going on outside near the room (See the picture). God I hope the construction does not wake me up in the morning. I planed for a relaxing vacation not all this.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Cristian R, Front Office Manager at Mr. C Beverly Hills, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear irshoud,
Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding regarding your reservation. We do our very best to accommodate our guests's requests (in this case for a double room) however requests are honored upon availability. I'm glad that we were able to provide a room move into a double during your stay and hope that you will stay at Mr. C in the future for a better experience.
western qld
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We arrived very early in the morning feeling very jaded and very jet lagged to a very warm reception and very helpful staff. We managed to check into a beautiful room at 9am and were so grateful for the hotel staff efforts. All staff have been exceedingly friendly and go the extra mile to look after us. Recommend this hotel very highly.

Room Tip: We asked for a room on a higher floor and this request was granted together with a request for a ver...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear CathyC46,
Lovely to hear of the "excellent service" you've rightfully received during your stay at Mr.C. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to L.A.
Durham, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

The good. Very clean. Concierge Solomon is top notch in every way, very much a 5 star level of service. Staff is all friendly though many are quite young and undertrained, they all try. Room is attractive. Location is extremely convenient to all of the upscale restaurants and shopping. Valets are on the ball with the doors, helping with luggage and so on.

The bad. Very tiny room. There was no place to put clothes in drawers and only a tiny closet so we had to dig through our suitcases and line clothing up in piles. We were told in order to get a place to put our clothing away we needed to upgrade all the way to a suite. Bathroom fixtures needed some work (loose handle, slow drain). Traffic noise is very loud on the 4th floor. View was terrible (CVS and a seedy bus stop) They keep bright halogen lights on the room balcony at night and you can't turn them off until they go out by themselves at 11. Turndown service = they make up the bed, not 5 star turn down by any means. Dining was very mediocre. There was a very strange bad smell like vomit and chemicals in the elevator that lingered for both days we were there.

We came to the hotel for a romantic getaway and the room was not conducive to romance even in the least. However, I will say if I come to LA on business, I would absolutely stay there. It is a good solid 3 star hotel and above average for a single traveler on a short trip who wants to be pampered a little but doesn't need the full services of a real boutique hotel. But I see it offered as a 4 or 5 star luxury hotel and it isn't close.

Room Tip: Choose higher floor levels to avoid loud traffic and depressing view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear CBB907,
We appreciate your review and thank you for giving Mr. C a try. While we're grateful to hear that you've enjoyed some parts of your visit with us, I must apologize for the things that didn't go so well. I hope that should you decide to stay with us in the future, you will contact me as I would like to make sure your stay goes as you expect it.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Really great hotel with a spectacular view from our room on the 6th floor. We really liked the style and the atmosphere. We felt welcome as soon as we arrived in our rented car. The movie night by the pool was just what we needed after a long day in Disneyland. The location was perfect for us as we wanted to feel the atmosphere of LA, despite the Disney obligation. The hotel was walking distance to Rodeo Drive with shopping and good restaurants.

We can really recommend this hotel where the staff makes this nice hotel even better.

P.S. the noise from the construction next door and the location does reduce the rating from 5 to 4

Room Tip: Get a room with a view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Karsten G,
Thank you for your review. We hope to see you in the future.
Lakewood
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The hotel itself is pretty nice. Rooms are a bit overpriced for the size and quality. Staff is friendly and for the most part helpful. However, watch out for the pool parties. On Sunday from around 12:00 to 7:00 pm the pool area fills up with a crowd of uber trendy 20-somethings. They have a DJ that is so loud that I couldn't have a conversation with my wife even will all the windows closed in our room (room 201). We had to stay in the lobby for two hours until we went to dinner. To add insult to injury you can't even use the pool on Sunday because of the party. It seems like for $400 per night you should be able to use the room and pool. I would say if you really want a relaxing stay at a high quality upscale Beverly Hills hotel, don't go to Mr C. If you want to pay too much for a mediocre hotel that is trying really hard to be hip, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask if there will be a yacht club pool party. If there is make sure you get a room on the...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear heidird,
Thank you for your time in sharing your experience at Mr. C. I'm glad that you've enjoyed your overall stay with us, and I apologize for the noise coming from our pool party. I would like to mention that these parties happen once a month, during summer only, on the last Sunday of each month. I hope that you will give us another chance in the future to make up for a better stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed at this hotel during our honeymoon. In total we stayed in 5 hotels and this was by far the best. Very posh maybe too posh for us (lol). We were greeted by Philip when we arrived and he was one of the nicest gentlemen you will ever meet. The hotel was very clean and all the staff were very friendly. Our room was amazing very spacious and well decorated. Within a walking distance to the sites and bus tour bus stops. We had a fantastic stay here and would definatley recommend it to anyone. The hotel provide a turn down time in the evening where they come in and prepare the room for you ready for sleep. Very nice. The housekeepers are very attentive even wrapping up my straighteners that I had left out in the morning. Best hotel of our America trip. Well done mr c x

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Cristian R, Front Office Manager at Mr. C Beverly Hills, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Dianamichelle1,
Thank you for sharing your lovely experience at Mr. C. We were honored to have you as our guest and we hope that you will stay with us in the future.

Been to Mr. C Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!