“Great” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
Shanghai, China
“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was a great hotel. Good location, beautiful rooms with a view, and friendly service. Only thing that kept me from making it a 5 star review was that the room service and the bar. They had this great looking bar right in the lobby, but for god sake, let's get a bar tender who can actually make A drink. I asked for a hendricks martini, it was the most horrible drink I have ever tasted. This is not because I am choosey, it's just because he do not know how to make it. The sandwich I got from room service was not worth the price they charged

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Cristian R, Front Office Manager at Mr. C Beverly Hills, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear MAISHANGHAI,
Thank you your valuable feedback! We appreciate your choice of staying at Mr.C Beverly Hills, and glad to hear that for the most part you had a great experience. We hope to see you again on your next visit to L.A. so that we can provide you with the stellar service you expect.

400 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
ST ALBERT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Firstly, I noted before we left last week for this hotel, that its ratings versus other Beverly Hills Hotels had dropped, with a number of recent reviews being negative. This Could have been a very good to excellent rating, and this is a very nice property. However, when we arrived our room wasnt ready. No problem. we toured Rodeo Drive for about two hours. Still wasnt ready and the staff seem uncoordinated. Got to our room, and had to phone twice for our luggage. Went to the conceirge for instructions for a city tour. I explained what I wanted but in all fairness he had only been in LA for two days, and we were offered a really expensive tour or a really glam tour. Kinda frustrating. Stopped at the lounge. The waitress didnt know the price of my drink. Finally our experience at the restaurant wasnt great. We were totally ignored, good not great. I talked to one of the bell men, Levi ( who is great by the way) and the manager of the restaurant showed up to our room with desserts, fruit and champagne. A nice touch. The next A.|M a different conceirge showed up and I believe he was much more experienced and was a great help for our tour. the last two items stopped us from going to another hotel, as I was booked for 4 nites. Anyway, the rest of the week went well. The service levels was generally very good with staff very nice and professional. It would appear to me that there are a lot of new staff which really affected the rating. The facility is wonderful, and in a very quiet and safe part of Beverly Hills. A good place but again, attention to detail was lacking. ( Didnt even change the clock in our room to reflect DST!!)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Riderbill,
Thank you for choosing to stay at Mr.C Beverly Hills and we appreciate your time in providing us with your feedback. I'm glad to know that our hotel and staff left an overall nice impression on you, and I do apologise for the issues that you've encountered during your visit. We take your comments to heart and rest assured that we will make every effort to correct the mishaps you've encountered. We strive for excellence as each of our staff member takes pride in providing each guest with stellar service. In hopes that you will give us a second chance, we look forward to providing you with the service and experience you deserve.
canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We use this site to diligently look for people's honest reviews before booking. So I take it seriously when giving a review....my main criteria are looking for cleanliness, comfort or the bed and service. This hotel met all criteria and more! We thoroughly enjoyed this hotel's quirkiness. The designer did a FABULOUS job creating an old hollywood glamour feel. The service was A +++ we felt like celebrities ourselves. The hotel room was spotless- as in, meet our obsessive standards spotless. The valet was so convenient and quick and courteous. A tip- pay the extra for the better view so that you are facing the front of the hotel. The view is so nice! Hotels don't usually become the highlight of our vacations but this one made such an impression! Well done, Mr C!

Room Tip: We paid extra to get the view at the front of the hotel, but not to have a higher floor. We were on...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Cristian R, Front Office Manager at Mr. C Beverly Hills, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear pookins122,
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit at Mr.C Beverly Hills and would like to say thank you for your nice comments. I made sure to pass on your commendations to our staff and everyone was excited to know of your feedback.
We're looking forward to welcome you back next time you're in the L.A. area!
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I loved the retro glam style of Mr C - lots of leather, chandeliers and black and white photographs. The bar was cool and the glass pool table improved my game no end. The pool was a touch smaller than I would have liked, but given that it wasn't really pool weather when we stayed that wasn't a huge problem. Mr C is currently still on the neilsonparc hotel lust list.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Cristian R, Front Office Manager at Mr. C Beverly Hills, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear neilsonparc,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review. We're glad to hear you've enjoyed your stay at Mr.C Beverly Hills and we're looking forward to welcome you back.
Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

A very nice hotel, but seems like they don't watch the details like a 5 star hotel should. When I first checked in there was a big sticky spot on the hardwood floor in my room and the sink had hair in it. The dark blue carpet in the hallway never looked very clean and there was usually a bunch of ugly vacuums piled up in the hallway outside of my room.

All staff were helpful, but the valet guys never gave me the impression that they were happy to be at work.

Was a good stay overall, but just not impressed like I expected to be.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear WorldTraveller570,

Thank you for your time in providing us with your valuable feedback. I'm glad to hear that your overall stay went well, and I'd like to extend my apologies for the things that didn't meet your expectations. We're striving for stellar service here at Mr. C Beverly Hills and we hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with the service and presentation that will meet your expectations. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if you need assistance with your future reservation as I would like to personally make sure that everything is to your satisfaction.

Best wishes, Cristian.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

From the moment we arrived at Mr C we knew we were going to have an excellent stay. We were greeted by friendly, professional, and helpful staff. Our check in was uneventful and our room was ready when we arrived. The room was meticulously clean and organized. Mr C is located close to so many attractions, close to Santa Monica, Rodeo Dr, Hollywood, etc. We would definitely stay at Mr C again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear ExplorerRN,

Thank you for your nice review! We're excited to know that you had a great stay at Mr.C Beverly Hills and we're looking forward to welcome you back next time you're in Los Angeles.
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

I have to say this hotel is amazing! I would defiently come back. I was only there for 1 night for a buisness trip but the hotel was super nice and the staff went out of the way to help. The standard room is big, modern and very clean. The great touch is the balcony that you can sit on.

I had room service and it was also excellent-

Staff were helpful, polite and helped with anything you needed.

I would definelty recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Mr. C Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!