“What a lovely, quirky hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Mr. C Beverly Hills
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1224 Beverwill Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90035 (Westside)   |
Ranked #28 of 340 Hotels in Los Angeles
canada
“What a lovely, quirky hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We use this site to diligently look for people's honest reviews before booking. So I take it seriously when giving a review....my main criteria are looking for cleanliness, comfort or the bed and service. This hotel met all criteria and more! We thoroughly enjoyed this hotel's quirkiness. The designer did a FABULOUS job creating an old hollywood glamour feel. The service was A +++ we felt like celebrities ourselves. The hotel room was spotless- as in, meet our obsessive standards spotless. The valet was so convenient and quick and courteous. A tip- pay the extra for the better view so that you are facing the front of the hotel. The view is so nice! Hotels don't usually become the highlight of our vacations but this one made such an impression! Well done, Mr C!

Room Tip: We paid extra to get the view at the front of the hotel, but not to have a higher floor. We were on...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Cristian R, Front Office Manager at Mr. C Beverly Hills, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear pookins122,
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit at Mr.C Beverly Hills and would like to say thank you for your nice comments. I made sure to pass on your commendations to our staff and everyone was excited to know of your feedback.
We're looking forward to welcome you back next time you're in the L.A. area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I loved the retro glam style of Mr C - lots of leather, chandeliers and black and white photographs. The bar was cool and the glass pool table improved my game no end. The pool was a touch smaller than I would have liked, but given that it wasn't really pool weather when we stayed that wasn't a huge problem. Mr C is currently still on the neilsonparc hotel lust list.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Cristian R, Front Office Manager at Mr. C Beverly Hills, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear neilsonparc,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review. We're glad to hear you've enjoyed your stay at Mr.C Beverly Hills and we're looking forward to welcome you back.
Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

A very nice hotel, but seems like they don't watch the details like a 5 star hotel should. When I first checked in there was a big sticky spot on the hardwood floor in my room and the sink had hair in it. The dark blue carpet in the hallway never looked very clean and there was usually a bunch of ugly vacuums piled up in the hallway outside of my room.

All staff were helpful, but the valet guys never gave me the impression that they were happy to be at work.

Was a good stay overall, but just not impressed like I expected to be.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear WorldTraveller570,

Thank you for your time in providing us with your valuable feedback. I'm glad to hear that your overall stay went well, and I'd like to extend my apologies for the things that didn't meet your expectations. We're striving for stellar service here at Mr. C Beverly Hills and we hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with the service and presentation that will meet your expectations. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if you need assistance with your future reservation as I would like to personally make sure that everything is to your satisfaction.

Best wishes, Cristian.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

From the moment we arrived at Mr C we knew we were going to have an excellent stay. We were greeted by friendly, professional, and helpful staff. Our check in was uneventful and our room was ready when we arrived. The room was meticulously clean and organized. Mr C is located close to so many attractions, close to Santa Monica, Rodeo Dr, Hollywood, etc. We would definitely stay at Mr C again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear ExplorerRN,

Thank you for your nice review! We're excited to know that you had a great stay at Mr.C Beverly Hills and we're looking forward to welcome you back next time you're in Los Angeles.
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

I have to say this hotel is amazing! I would defiently come back. I was only there for 1 night for a buisness trip but the hotel was super nice and the staff went out of the way to help. The standard room is big, modern and very clean. The great touch is the balcony that you can sit on.

I had room service and it was also excellent-

Staff were helpful, polite and helped with anything you needed.

I would definelty recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
Beijing
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

hotel was nice located if your planing to visit LA and Beverly hills Area. just at two blocks from Shopping area. and Century Plaza.

reception and Concierge was super. get free upgrade because we reserved Via Expedia. Room service was superior. every call come in with 2 minutes

room was really elegant. with bed backed side with Living Space ( Two Sofas ) with great view of Beverly hills mountains

Room Tip: choose higher room far away from Main street
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Check in was beautiful and fast. Upon check in our phones in our room did not work, employee sent and did not fix it and they never worked (mentioned it every time we spoke with front desk over the next 3 days nothing done about it had to use our cell phones or go in the hallway to call front desk, room 212 I'm sure others have complained since). Ate in the restaurant the first night, ordered a medium rare steak, got a super well done not even a tiny bit of pink steak, sent back, 30 minutes later another steak brought to me, by then I was not hungry (insisted I take the steak back to the room but we had no fridge, frustrating and gross). Saturday we called for the house car, valet said absolutely it will be here in 15 minutes be in the lobby, we were down there in 10 minutes, 20 minutes after that front desk stated that, "the owners decided to use the house car, pay for your own cab but here is the valet card call us when you want to come back". Called number on card 3 hours later, no answer and no voicemail had to call the front desk again!!! Entrusted my once in a lifetime Grammy Awards dress to them for dry cleaning, was not returned to our room that evening (Saturday 2/9) and caused a major panic attack, but was then brought up to us after calling them on my cell phone. Dry cleaning left a huge black stain on my brand new dress, devastated!!!! Did not realize it until I got dressed,then showed it to front desk. 20 minutes before we left "do you want us to fix it for you now?" Ummmm get naked and go to the Grammy Awards??? They comp'd the dry cleaning but wow, ruin a dress for an event that I probably won't ever get to go to ever again??? Thanks Mr. C's for the nightmare come true and a dress I can never use again =(. No turn down service on our final night, minibar not restocked. Also, the ice situation!! Why the heck do you have an ice bucket in the room but no ice machines? Have to call for ice, which is also annoying when the phone in your room doesn't work. Overall awful experience, cannot believe it after the amazing reviews I read. Front desk seemed to be tone deaf to my complaints. They made a breakfast for us each day, which was also terrible. Very over cooked potatoes, no bacon, was gross and was unable to eat any of the days. The beds were the best part of this hotel, besides that I've had better stays at 3 star hotels.... kinda ruined my first trip to LA and my only time getting to go the Grammy Awards (wearing a stained gown all day is depressing and devastating after the money and time that went into picking it).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Mr. C Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!