“Lovely place” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
glasgow
“Lovely place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Roughly £200 a night but lovely hotel. Nice lobby and front entrance. Room was modern and smart and staff were outstanding. Special mention to Solomon at concierge who was a gent. I never ate here but for what I needed it was perfect. There is a hotel car which takes drops u off and ole cuts u within a three mile radius. You are about 15 mins down to main area of rodeo drive but it is a pleasant walk. Thinking of returning next week before I return to Scotland. You won't be disappointed by this pitch.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up as better views of hills or city
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

I wasn't going to write a review because there is so much to say and most of the items are quite small and easy to fix. I was hoping to speak to the manager but he never called, when he said he would.

Shame great hotel location and nearly great facilities

But not quite there, it's cheap for what u get and could be more expensive but would need to up its game.

Maid service is very unpredictable, rare you get water by the bed or full compliment of towels etc. the bathrooms are starting to look dirty, mould in shower etc. lack of supervision and training.

The rooms have wood floors, which are clean but very noisy. They could install more rugs a d felt pads in the furniture.

I must admit the restaurant was a real failure, the managers just look bust but don't achieve much. The food is very average, pastrys are never fresh and very little choice. The restaurant needs a lot of work.

Check in is unprofessional.

All the staff are very friendly but jack management

• Stayed September 2012
Mr C, Guest Relations Manager at Mr. C Beverly Hills, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback on the Hotel. I am really sorry that nobody contacted you right away to answer your concerns.

I really do appreciate your post and I promise you we are in the process of fixing those housekeeping inconcistencies. We have new managers in the Housekeeping department and we are offering better training to our staff.

We are improving every day and we will continue to do that because that is our mentality and we strive for perfection.

I also appreciate your feedback on the restaurant. I can assure you that our pastries and desserts are made daily. If there is something we are serious about that is the freshness and quality of our food.

Please contact me directly if you have any further questions

Sincerely

Clemente Attolico Trivulzio
ctrivulzio@mrchotels.com
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Pulled into the driveway to a lovely oasis. Greeted by John for our car service. Walked in and sat on a big green leather couch. Drank Bellini's during check in. Total delight . Had the studio suite. Also had my kids and that worked out fine. Loved the balconies, but there is traffic noise on the Pico Blvd. side. I loved the unique decor, vintage. Very comfortable beds and very clean. Pool was nice and good food , poolside. Customer Service was the best. Everyone knew me by name by the end of my stay and I felt very welcomed. Loved it!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Loved this place. Check in consisted of valet taking care of car and luggage and being taken to bar for a complimentary cocktail, while they swiped my card and brought the keycard.
The lobby is fitted out to be quirky with glass pool table and such.
Room very comfortable.
There are a few restuarants over the road but Beverley Hills proper would be a long walk or a short drive.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Even though our stay at Mr C got off to a bad start (the car service they arranged for us didn't show up and we had to wait around at LAX for an hour - not the hotel's fault though), the rest of it was fantastic and very enjoyable.

First of all, Mr C is in a very handy location for anyone wanting to shop - Rodeo Drive is a 5-10 minute stroll through a pleasant neighbourhood, and the hotel's (amazing and very convenient) car service can take you to the Beverly Center, The Grove LA or the Melrose/Robertson areas. There are also plenty of fantastic dining options nearby - ranging from fine dining down to chains like Chipotle. It is also directly across the road from a Ralphs supermarket and a CVS pharmacy, which was handy for us as we always take home lots of American treats we can't get here, like Junior Mints! We've stayed previously at the Beverly Hilton and the Mosaic Beverly Hills, and I have to say I like the location of Mr C better, particularly if you're like us and enjoy walking around.

The service is amazing - from the warm greeting (complete with delicious Bellinis), the car service chaffeurs, the bell and valet staff - everyone is friendly and nothing is a problem at all. I had the concierge make a number of dinner reservations a few weeks prior to our arrival and that was great. Put simply, you cannot fault the Mr C staff - absolutely first class. The hotel's common areas are lovely, the decor reminded me of a vintage Italian speedboat - gleaming wood everywhere and classic leather furnishings.

We stayed in a standard room on the Pico Boulevard side, on a lower floor. The room itself was spacious, very clean and decorated beautifully with a small furnished balcony overlooking Pico and the pool area. We did not find the room to be noisy as long as the balcony doors were closed, and found the bed to be comfortable. Housekeeping service was like clockwork twice daily, so the room was always fresh when we returned back from our explorations. Excellent selection of Cable TV channels as well, more than 50. Bathroom is compact but well equipped.

We enjoyed dinner in the Mr C restaurant one of the nights, it is an expensive restaurant but everything we ordered was delicious and again the service was amazing, so it was well worth it for the experience. A few celebrities sighted in there as well.

I spent one day at the pool relaxing on one of the lovely daybeds, the pool attendants are very helpful and set up a towel for you in the spot you want to sit. The pool itself is small, but the area is so nicely set up that it is very pleasant nonetheless. Pool is very clean and a good temperature. My only complaint here was that I laid out for around two hours and not once did the waitress manning the bar come to offer me a menu. In the end I went to ask for one, and after that she was attentive. I just would have expected to be asked if I needed anything, particularly as there weren't many people in there that day.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at Mr C Beverly Hills and would stay there again. Great location, luxurious surroundings and great staff.

Room Tip: We stayed in the standard room on the Pico side, and it was perfectly fine - so I'd imagine the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for two nights in early September. Hotel was shown as sold out on the hotel's website, but rooms were available through expedia. Valets/bellboys provided very attentive service right away and through the entire stay. The lobby is pretty cool - plentiful places to sit and things to do. The room was nice and comfortable, I thought. I was on the Pico side and low on the building, but never seemed too loud. Others have said there was nothing within walking distance, but I found walking down to touristy/popular areas (Rodeo & Wilshire) to be a pleasant, easy walk. It's not perfect: it's very expensive and the rooms aren't quite as nice as you might expect for the price, and the restaurant doesn't open until 7 so if you have an early meeting or flight, there's nothing to eat. Still, I liked it a lot and would return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

A rather quite "uneven experience".
The staff was quite welcoming and the checkin fast. The Bellman brought our baggages less than 1 minute after we arrived.
We had booked a deluxe room and stayed for four days.
The lobby and rooms look pretty nice and they are comfortable. You may dislike their "soft mattress", depending on your tastes.
The choice of materials is quite questionable. Withe leather looks nice but how long is this going to last ?
Also the rooms are not too big and not well optimized : not much space for your personal belongings and shopping bags are quickly piling up in the closet.
The internet worked fine for us (If it lacks speed, come closer to the hallway).

At this point everything was great.

However, the room had a rather huge flaw : there was a gap of at least 0,5 inch under the room's entry door. This is probably one of the reasons why you can distinctly hear other guests voices & doors in the hallway.
On day #2 we've tried two tricks : earplugs and a towel at the bottom of the door (fills the gap. Not fully soundproof but slightly improves the situation).
When checking out, we were told that we should have opted for a suite or corner room.
I simply replied that such a situation shall not occur in a 5* hotel (unless you're in Vegas where 5* actually means nothing but a TV in your bathroom).

When it comes to service, you can see that the staff is trying. They are usually smiling, nice, welcoming. But almost everyday something went wrong. We once waited a few minutes in our car in and no one came around.
We took two seat in the lobby where you can have drink. The first day, a waiter came and served us in a proper manner. On day 2, no on came. After 10 minutes, I went to the bar and asked if any waiter would come. The barman said he'd come in a second. After 5 more minutes, we left and never tried to have drink there anymore (actually, we went to another hotel). By the way there were no more seats at the bar (5 seats only).
Surprisingly, many employees saw us waiting but no one seemed to care. Also, that is the reason why we haven't tried the restaurant.
On the last day, the valet brought our car back but no one loaded our baggages. So i left my car and started bringing them by myself. Finally, a bellman arrived.
You can't blame them. Most of the time they're doing a good job : smiling, welcoming and all you can normally expect. But i do detect a questionable management and/or poor training (HR is my field).

Also, when checking in, we've filled a form mostly dedicated to "guest preferences". I took 5 mins of our time to fill it. But during our stay, they never took any of our preferences in consideration. So why bother asking me about my favorite beverages ?

Location is "ok". Very close to Rodeo Drive. However bear in mind that there is NO decent bar/restaurant options at walking distance from there.

Not on par with hotels such as the Shutters or the Huntley. Actually, service is slightly better than the Biltmore (downtown LA).

Actually not being able to have a good sleep is no go to me. But if :
- you're a "hard sleeper" and noise can't bother you;
- you don't care about the lack of day/night life around your hotel ;
- you're not picky about service and easily accommodate yourself with the "self service" attitude ...

The enjoy : It will be a very good experience.

Room Tip: Apparently, you should request a corner room if you don't want to hear other guests
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Mr. C Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!