A rather quite "uneven experience".
The staff was quite welcoming and the checkin fast. The Bellman brought our baggages less than 1 minute after we arrived.
We had booked a deluxe room and stayed for four days.
The lobby and rooms look pretty nice and they are comfortable. You may dislike their "soft mattress", depending on your tastes.
The choice of materials is quite questionable. Withe leather looks nice but how long is this going to last ?
Also the rooms are not too big and not well optimized : not much space for your personal belongings and shopping bags are quickly piling up in the closet.
The internet worked fine for us (If it lacks speed, come closer to the hallway).
At this point everything was great.
However, the room had a rather huge flaw : there was a gap of at least 0,5 inch under the room's entry door. This is probably one of the reasons why you can distinctly hear other guests voices & doors in the hallway.
On day #2 we've tried two tricks : earplugs and a towel at the bottom of the door (fills the gap. Not fully soundproof but slightly improves the situation).
When checking out, we were told that we should have opted for a suite or corner room.
I simply replied that such a situation shall not occur in a 5* hotel (unless you're in Vegas where 5* actually means nothing but a TV in your bathroom).
When it comes to service, you can see that the staff is trying. They are usually smiling, nice, welcoming. But almost everyday something went wrong. We once waited a few minutes in our car in and no one came around.
We took two seat in the lobby where you can have drink. The first day, a waiter came and served us in a proper manner. On day 2, no on came. After 10 minutes, I went to the bar and asked if any waiter would come. The barman said he'd come in a second. After 5 more minutes, we left and never tried to have drink there anymore (actually, we went to another hotel). By the way there were no more seats at the bar (5 seats only).
Surprisingly, many employees saw us waiting but no one seemed to care. Also, that is the reason why we haven't tried the restaurant.
On the last day, the valet brought our car back but no one loaded our baggages. So i left my car and started bringing them by myself. Finally, a bellman arrived.
You can't blame them. Most of the time they're doing a good job : smiling, welcoming and all you can normally expect. But i do detect a questionable management and/or poor training (HR is my field).
Also, when checking in, we've filled a form mostly dedicated to "guest preferences". I took 5 mins of our time to fill it. But during our stay, they never took any of our preferences in consideration. So why bother asking me about my favorite beverages ?
Location is "ok". Very close to Rodeo Drive. However bear in mind that there is NO decent bar/restaurant options at walking distance from there.
Not on par with hotels such as the Shutters or the Huntley. Actually, service is slightly better than the Biltmore (downtown LA).
Actually not being able to have a good sleep is no go to me. But if :
- you're a "hard sleeper" and noise can't bother you;
- you don't care about the lack of day/night life around your hotel ;
- you're not picky about service and easily accommodate yourself with the "self service" attitude ...
The enjoy : It will be a very good experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mr. C represents a modern version of old-world simplicity, stylish European glamour, providing today’s traveler with a comfortable, elegant and effortless experience that blends contemporary amenities with discreet, personalized service. A 12-story, 138-room hotel features 12 signature suites and classic suites alongside spacious guest rooms ranging from 365-800 square feet. The 4,500 square foot pool with private poolside cabanas is situated amid lush landscaping and beautiful gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Mr. C Beverly Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mr. c Beverly Hills Hotel Los Angeles