“Yum!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #771 of 7,958 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dessert, Breakfast
Description: Coffee roasted in-house, excellent breakfast, brunch and entree selections, catering takeout, gluten free and vegan friendly, popular red and blue velvet pancakes, freshly baked muffins and our famous bread pudding! Established in 2009 Larchmont Bungalow is proud to be a part of the Green Restaurant Association. During our initial construction Larchmont Bungalow's owners found old newspaper from the 1950's behind the walls previously used as insulation. We proudly reused that newspaper as wall coverings for both our women's and men's restrooms. Inside the restaurant our entire wood flooring is from refurbished material. Once inside you will also find burlap wall coverings on the dining room walls. Our green coffee beans are delivered in large woven burlap bags and we have cut those bags down to reuse them.
Los Angeles, California, Usa
“Yum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The best dish is the red and blue velvet pancakes as pictured. Too crowded on Sundays....but fun to visit on Weeknight Evening's and just relax.

Visited August 2013

Santa Monica, California, USA
“Great atmosphere and the food is perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I get together with a group of my friends from childhood here once a month. The coffee and the pastries are somthing I look forward to going here. If the weather is good (which is most of the time... Hello we live in Southern Cal), sit outside. It is a great place for people watching

Visited September 2013
London
“The breakfast hangout I hope I find in heaven......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Could spend eternity here. Visited with wife and twin girls over the summer...It's just amazing...we ate in over 40 places in our three weeks in California and this was by far the best place to have breakfast/brunch/lunch anywhere....
As you'd expect the portions are big, but everything is beautifully presented and there are loads of healthy options...even the pancakes and bacon comes with fruit to nag at your conscience. The atmosphere is very relaxed, the decor spot on...it feels quite European....as we say in England if Carlsburg did......this would be the place to eat breakfast. It's not the cheapest but is very good value for money - I really couldn't fault it in any regard.....just go NOW!!!! (avoid weekends or book - it gets very very busy...we went on a weekday and chilled for the best part of an hour and a half.....then a walk around Larchmont village is recommended and some of the houses a few blocks either side of the main blvd have to be seen to be believed.....

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
El Paso, Texas
“Amazing Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I went to visit a friend and insisted she take me to have breakfast at this place because of the red and blue velvet pancakes. OMG the were so good I did not leave anything on my plate. My friend ordered the french toast and that was just as amazing as the pancakes were. Her boyfriend had the best of both worlds dish....and it is really what the name says!. I wish there were more places like these in Texas!!! The service was quick and friendly. I wish I could eat there every morning!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, Texas
“Best Breakfast in LA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

What a gem! This place is fantastic, an instant LA favorite. Beware, the weekend crowd is massive and the line is very long! With cozy outdoor seating both in front of the restaurant and in the patio area behind it, it makes for a great, sunny breakfast outing. Menus are located at front, you order at the cashier and then take a number (they bring your food to you). The red velvet pancakes are basically diabetes but they are AMAZING! For coffee lovers, this is a haven - they have the absolute best brews.

• Visited July 2013