“You HAVE to do this!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 214 activities in Los Angeles
Type: Bus tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: The secrets of Hollywood…The places celebs like to party and play…The hot spots where you can mingle with the stars…It’s all part of the greatest show in Hollywood --THE TMZ HOLLYWOOD TOUR – SECRETS AND CELEBRITY HOT SPOTS. This one of a kind “Show on Wheels” is produced by the same team behind TMZ and TMZ TV -- so you’ll get hilarious videos, secrets that we’ve never revealed on the TV show or the website, even games where you could win free stuff. And we’re doing it all on our custom-designed, 24-passenger bus with a state-of-the-art audio/video system and TMZ Guides ready to stop the bus, interview celebrities and send the footage directly back to the TMZ Newsroom.Experience Hollywood -- TMZ Style.
Chicago, Illinois
33 attraction reviews
“You HAVE to do this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I am going to recommend this to everyone that visits LA and loves celebrity gossip! We started out near the TMZ offices. Our tour guide was lively and fun and knew everything we wanted to see.

We saw Chateau Marmont where tons of celebrities stay, tons of celebrity hot spots and clubs. This isn't a celebrity home tour, it's much better! With the home tours, you only see gates. With the open air bus, you have the possibility of seeing and touching a celebrity.

We saw James Lipton, from Inside the Actor's Studio, and he could not have been more gracious. Our tour guide was an actress (really, who in LA isn't an actress) and so she got off the bus to shake his hand. She was star struck, and it was cute to see. We watched the show on Monday, and we were on, so it's hilarious. Yeah, the tour guide made us sound like country bumpkins when James Lipton said his favorite curse word and no one really cared, but she said we were all uncomfortable. Not true, but it's good TV.

Celebrity sightings aren't guaranteed, but this tour takes you on the route that you could see anyone, even if you're not on the tour.

Los Angeles, California
“Fun times!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

If you're looking to take a Hollywood Tour - TAKE THIS TOUR!!!

I've lived in LA for about 15 years and I've always wanted to be a tourist for a day and go on a "Hollywood Tour." Well, for my birthday, my friends surprised me with the TMZ Tour....I LOVED IT!! And, truthfully, I was shocked at how much fun I had.

I'll admit, because I live here I'm a bit jaded. I expected to sit in my comfy seat, take in the sights of Sunset Blvd., Beverly Hills & Hollywood and be a little bored. Well,our guide was not about to let that happen. I had no idea how interactive this was going to be. There are videos that go along with nearly every stop...I guess going on a TMZ Tour one should not expect to be bored. The tour is kind of like the show on wheels...

My favorite part was our guide. He was absolutely HYSTERICAL and from the minute he hopped on...he got the energy going and it never ended. He kept everything fun and didn't sound scripted (that's huge for me). What I didn't realize is that the guides are actually from the show...so for all of you out-of-towners, you're guaranteed a celebrity sighting!!

Whether you live here and are looking for something fun to do,or are visiting and want to see LA with a twist....take this tour.... who better to show you LA than TMZ?!!

Thank you TMZ Hollywood Tour for making my "tourist for a day" a great one!!

San Diego, California
5 attraction reviews
“TMZ Bus Tour the Best Way to See Hollywood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We went on the TMZ tour on Sunday afternoon, it was great! If you love the show, then you are really going to enjoy the TMZ bus tour. It was really great how the tour incorporated video clips on the tour as we drove to the actual locations where stars commonly hang out. (Boa Steakhouse, Rodeo Drive, Jail, etc.)
Van was our tour guide- he was FANTASTIC! He was really funny, just as he is on TV!
We did not see any stars as we drove through Hollywood; however, we learned a substantial amount of information about Hollywood & and had a whole lot of fun!
Thanks TMZ!

Novi, Michigan
18 attraction reviews
“So fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

It was fast paced and very interesting. I suggest going in the afternoon because there is a better chance of seeing a celeb because people seem to be doing more moving around during the day. We went at 2pm and saw no celebs, but it was sure fun looking for them.

Garrett was our tour guide and he was chill and insightful. We didn't learn about Hollywood history, so if you like that, do not take this tour. They show all the fun stuff like where Paris made her scandalous sex tape. You could also win free t-shirts. Garrett also included everyone in our trip.

The bus is covered, which was nice, because most other tour buses were opened roof. Watching clips from the show was great because TMZ IS AWESOME!!!

I hope Harvey reads this :)

Take this tour if you like the show and celebs. Great for anyone over 16.

Chicago, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
“The TMZ Hollywood bus tour-Good tour but no celebs seen.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

My daughter (11 years old) and I took the TMZ Hollywood bus tour and I think that it was actually pretty good. Our tour guide (Alex) was realy funny and informative and the bus was quite comfortable.

The tour visited lots of notorious sites and for most locations, there was a related TMZ clip that told the story of why that site was famour (or infamous). The tour certainly hits lots of spots but we unfortunately didnt have any celeb sitings.

The cost was reasonable at $60ish for adults and $50ish dollars for children (I can't remember the exact cost). I would however warn against getting the hotel transfers (unless you dont have another choice). We rented a car but we choose to use the transfers (tought it would be easier). A trolley picked us up and the driver wasnt in the best mood and was driving like a bat out of hell. On the return, we had to wait for over an hour (in the hot sun) waiting for our bus to arrive then wait quite a bit longer once it did arrive for other passengers from other tours. The only saving grace was that our hotel was first, I felt sorry for the people in the fifth and sixth hotels on the list.

Overall, I would recommed the TMZ tour if you want to get to see the celeb hot spots in and around LA (Hollywood, Beverly Hills, etc....) nad keep your fingers crossed that you actually get to see some celebs!