“Avoid” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Los Angeles, California
“Avoid”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

Today at 3:10 p.m., less than 24-hours from when my party was supposed go to Acoomplice Hollywood, I received notification from Goldstar that Accomplice Hollywood cancelled this event for tomorrow.
This is completely unacceptable.

I know this is not Goldstar's fault, it's the fault of Accomplice Hollywood. I wrote to Goldstar suggesting that they reconsider doing business with Accomplice Hollywood. I planned this event for my mom's 65th birthday celebration. My brother drove in from Arizona, and my aunt drove in from Seattle. This event was to be something unique for my mom to celebrate with her family. And Accomplice Hollywood cancelled with NO reason or justification, less than 24 hours in advance. That's ridiculous and unprofessional. I live nearby and there is 0% chance of rain, so that can't be the reason. When asked, Goldstar said that Accomplice Hollywood actually did not provide any reason whatsoever. I suspect the reason is that Accomplice Hollywood doesn't want to do the performance with just 5 or so goldstar members, since they get only 50% of the usual money. If that's the case, Accomplice Hollywood should not advertise with Goldstar and Goldstar should not accept Accomplice Hollywood as a client. I am very disappointed. A cancellation with no reason less than 24-hours in advance and no direct notice is completely rude and unprofessional.

Visited November 2011