“$19.00/day to park a car?” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport

You added Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9750 Airport Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045 (Westside)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #93 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Wa. State
“$19.00/day to park a car?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

The hotel was fine. It was clean and reasonably well appointed.

Fortunately we were able to turn the car in to the rental agency, just across the street, because it was $19.00/day to park a car. That, in my opinion is a huge rip off.

We were just there overnight for an early flight out of LAX so I cannot comment on the amenities of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
PKFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
We appreciate your time and review. I know exactly what you mean about parking, I hate paying for it too. Unfortunately, parking does come at a premium at and around LAX. However, we do maintain the most competitive rates in the area. I was glad to see that we were conveniently located close enough to the rental agency for you to avoid the expense. We look forward to seeing you again. Best.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
  • Polish first
Corona, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We'll it started when I arrived 10 minutes before check in time - there was a couple in front of me talking to clerk and as soon as they left I was rudely told " we are not checking anyone in early " "didn't you hear me tell the people before you ". I said I don't try to listen to other peoples conversations and felt in welcome - I hid out in bar area until the angry clerk ( female - Latina- I don't know name) was no where in site - then I. Checked in - I went to the tower my room was in - one of the 3 elevators was out of service with a handwritten sign stuck to doors ( tackey) - the elevator I went into was way out of adjustment - the door slammed on a lady behind me and it was a wild rocky ride to the 4th floor - I exited elevator and was appalled at the run down corridor - wall paper falling off walls - I made it to my room - it was a let down as well - ac unit did not work on high speed and was a bucket of bolts - I went to get a bucket of ice and thaws no ice machine in ice machine room - the ice room smelled like mold - I saw a employee in corridor asked is there was another ice machine - he said I think there's one on next floor - I dared jumping back on the death ride elevator and was elated that there was a ice machine - hot ice - walked stairs back to my room- hung out awhile - tried free wireless connection to check e-mails it was extremely slow - I gave up and went to the hotel beer bar - the bartender was super slow - me and the guy next to me waited 10 minutes for a beer - it wasn't crowded so I don't know why it took so long - to sum it up I am very disappointed that this property does not live up to the Sheraton namesake

Room Tip: Stay away this place is a dump
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
PKFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for your candor. It really sounds like we couldn't get anything right for you and for that I apologize. We did have an elevator out over the holidays, timing really couldn't have been worse. It took some time to get the parts needed but everything is up and running agian. We also had them check the closing mechanisims on all doors, thanks for letting us know. Additionally, we pride ourselves on maintaining a clean and healthy hotel. I can assure you that their was no mold in the room, nonetheless, everyone of them recieved a thorough cleaning as of this reply. If you wouldn't mind emailing me at info@fourpointslax.com, I'd really appreciate it. I take all comments very seriously and would like to find out a little more about your front desk and bar encounters. All the best.
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Stuck at LAX for xmas day, we had to hotel it for the night. We've stayed at various LAX hotels in the past, and our expectations were middling. We were absolutely blown away when we lucked into the FourPoints. A very modest tariff gave us a large room with a very comfortable king size bed. (Much appreciated after the hard bed we had endured for a while in Barcelona). The room was fresh and clean, the wifi was free as it should be. (These days paying for wifi is like asking clients to pay extra for a door on their room). Just everything was positive and I would recommend this hotel to anyone, regardless of their capacity to pay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for the Five Star review. I am so glad that we were your salvation in what sounds like a hectic travel schedule. Please let us know when you're traveling through Los Angeles again, we'll be sure to repeat. All the best.
Mississauga, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Don't be fooled by the pictures. The TV is terrible. You can barely see the image. The bathroom door does not lock. When arriving I had to look for someone to help me with luggage because there was nobody available. I wait for like 10 min to someone come to help.
Beside, they rent my room with me and my family inside to another guest. They opened my door and were entering the room. Can you believe? The bathroom is minimum. Never will be back.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience with us. I was sorry to hear that we made it memorable for all the wrong reasons. We have a really great system in place to ensure that we know who is in which room and when they are departing and was very surprised to see your comments stating otherwise, I sincerely apologize. We also had a glitch with our television provider but have since had that remedied. I look forward to a second chance to get it right for you. If you choose to, let us know you're coming by emailing me at info@fourpointslax.com. All the best.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

A very important issue is that there is no fridge/minibar in the room. If you are flying out and want to buy some food to store for the flight the next day, you are out of luck. The food at the airport is pretty expensive with very few options, so it would be nice to bring your own supplies onboard. The room supposedly has two queen size beds but I believe they are more like doubles. The room is a bit cramped but has a nice desk space with a larger than normal flat screen tv. It is quite noisy; I could hear the outside world all night as well as people above us and in the hallway. The bathroom is sufficient though the European style flush toilet really is stupid. They provide nice toiletries such as shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. Lobby is nicest part of the hotel as far as I could see, and they do provide free wifi which is how I am writing this."

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
PKFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
I appreciate your feedback and thank you for your review. By way of an explanation, 150 of our Center Tower rooms are classified as Traditional and I completely understand what you are saying as they are not the most spacious rooms in the hotel. The remaining 416 rooms are Deluxe, they have more room and tend to be much quieter. We do have refrigerators in all of our SPG rooms and also provide them as "on call" items. Simply let us know in andvance and we can arrange for one in your room. As for the toilets, they are part of our Green program and significantly reduce water consumption, my apologies if you found them stupid. I was glad to see you found our free Wi-Fi to be a plus along with the lobby and toiletries. If you choose to book with us agian, let us know in advance, a Deluxe room may better suit your needs. All the best and Happy New Year.
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is bizarre! The room window overlooks the hallway! You won't get any sun in your room. And no, I don't mean the hallway is outdoors... the hallway is indoors with a window on the other side. If I'm staying in LA I want sunshine in my room! The lobby is nice and there's a cute pool area. Close to the airport and has a shuttle which is convenient. Not walkable to anything except other hotels so rent a car.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Four Points LAX. I was glad to see that you enjoyed our pool and lobby and found the shuttle service convenient. Regarding your room, it was one of our 150 traditional rooms and you are right, they used to look on to an exposed corridor. A few years back the tower was renovated, enclosing the corridor and creating the window view to the hallway. The remainder of the hotel rooms, 416 of them, have windows facing outward. When booking in the future, request a Deluxe room, I believe you will find it fits your needs. We look forward to seeing you again. All the best and Happy New Year!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Booked and prepaid online, we used the courtesy airport shuttle, which runs 24/7, and on about a 20 minute frequency. Our room was ready for us on our arrival and we had good service on checking in. The room was clean and tidy, albeit it looking a little tired. The kids went down to the pool and commented that it was nothing special. For a six hour lay over it was great, and we will definitely get a hotel room close to the airport for a lay over of a similar duration again, and for an over night lay over it would be fine, but there are lots of choices close to the airport, and we will probably try somewhere else next time.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your time and review. While it doesn't seem that we did anything wrong during your stay, it sounds like we did just "ok". We pride ourselves on a square meal, square deal friendly and efficient service attitude. That being said, we strive for every experience and review to be 5 star. Hopefully you'll give us a second chance to impress. Simply let us know you're coming by emailing us at info@fourpointslax.com and we'll roll out a red carpet for you. All the best and Happy New Year!

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport? Share your experiences!