“Excellent having a 24 hr checkin/out policy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9750 Airport Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045 (Westside)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #88 of 323 Hotels in Los Angeles
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent having a 24 hr checkin/out policy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Whilst the hotel itself is nothing special, the fact that they offer a 24 hour check in/out policy for no extra charge is excellent. I was able to get off a longhual flight at 7pm, check in at 8, and then check out the next evening at 7 for another overnight flight….brilliant, and something I wish more hotels would offer, and the main reason I chose this hotel.

However, other aspects weren’t great. The hotel felt generally old, especially down by the pool. My key cards kept breaking (including 3 times in a 20 minutes period, which made me late as I couldn’t get into my room and had to make repeated visits to the front desk). Staff were generally nice, and I was able to get a few drinks vouchers from the front desk for being a Gold member. I used the co-op hotel bus for a ride out to Manhattan beach, which was a great thing to do in the afternoon.

There’s lots of competition in the area, and if it wasn’t for the 24 check in policy, I’d probably have not stayed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
PBFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
I'm glad the 24 hour check-in/check-out program worked for you! The way we do it is unique outside of the luxury segment. Essentially tell us when you are coming and we'll have a room ready for your that you can keep for 24 hours.

Regarding the rest of the review, it is a bit disappointing for us hearing that the Property felt old. We've just finished a $16 million renovation. The Hotel is large but doesn't feel big, and the first floor, with Brewster's and the large pool deck with seasonal pool bar, tends to feel good.

Thank you for your business, your review, and for your participation on Tripadvisor!!!

Best!!!

Phil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Polish first
Ventura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

The hotel was close to lax and cheap especially with starwood points. The hotel looks new and has a heated pool and fitness room. Down side is that the staff need some work. Managers were great but I missed 2 shuttles because I was told they looked different when I called. I waited in line to ask a quick question with 2 people helping the party ahead of me. I wasn't acknowledged. But the party didn't speak English and they both seemed confused. Overall I see why some people were so harsh but it's LA. It's cheap and easy. It would help if you complain right away to a manager. They will take care of it. The good employees will benefit and thru bad ones will leave or change
Not a real issue since everyone has mobile phones but it still bugged me that they charge for local calls. I guess it's for foreigners

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm glad you found us convenient and looking new. What makes the hotel business challenging and fun is the fact that everyone perceives things differently. The review right above this one for example has the hotel feeling old.

Sorry about the shuttle. Essentially you just go out from baggage claim and find the Hotel Shuttle stop. All but one of the LAX Hotels use the same shuttle company. The shuttles are all blue and have the name of the Hotel on the LED read out on the front of the bus. We are paired with the Westin. Regarding local calls, we don't charge for local calls, however, and this is a bit confusing, as far as the telephone company is concerned not all 310 area code calls are local.

Thanks for your business and for the very nice review.

Best!!!

Phil GM
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for four nights at the end of July. Before getting to the hotel review, some tips on the airport shuttle. All airport hotels use the same shuttle service - these blue shuttles. Pay close attention to the hotel names scrolling on the front and side of the bus. Usually one shuttle serves two (or sometimes one) hotel. If you're looking for an exclusive Four Points shuttle bus, you will not find it.

Overall, I give the Four Points four stars because the staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. The common areas are beautifully appointed (although the main lobby sitting area is freezing cold and it was impossible for me to stay there longer than a few minutes). The food in the restaurant is quite good (they serve breakfast and dinner only). Yes, it is pricey, but what hotel food is not pricey. If you want cheap, there is a Burger King within walking distance across the street. The hotel is very clean - both common areas and our room. There is a concierge to help with booking tours (if that is your thing) or to help with tickets for the Shuttle down to Manhattan Beach (which runs down Century Blvd just a couple blocks away). The Shuttle is well worth the $5 round trip to this charming beach community with a number of shops and restaurants - and a great beach. Also, we usually rent cars from Budget and the Budget rental office is directly across the street, so, once again, an easy walk to get your car when you need it.

On the downside, our room, while clean, was really below standard. We were in the "old wing" mentioned in a few other reviews. It's kind of hidden away. You get out of the elevator and initially can't figure out where the arrows are pointing. Then you see, oh, I have to go through this door that leads where? There you are in this odd motel looking hallway except with a wall built up to make it an indoor space, but it's all just too bizarre. Soundproofing from the outside is great, you never hear the airplanes, but somehow that whole wing still feels like motel row, with humid air making its way into your room. The decor of the room was nice and the room was a decent size, but the beds were awful - squishy, doughy mattresses - and the noise from the neighboring rooms and the hallway was horrible. Draw the wrong neighbors (as we did) and you can kiss sleep goodbye.

So, if you can book one of the new rooms (not in the motel hallway wing), it would probably be a great experience all around. If you get one of the old rooms, make sure you got in for a good price and go enjoy the rest of the amentities the place has to offer. The pool and it's surroundings are lovely and the bar is great.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms in the old wing.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I think this is really fair review. Thank you very much for explaining the shuttle system so well. Your observation on the room is also fair. The 150 Center Wing rooms are all classified as Traditional - and offer a value option. All of the other rooms in the Hotel are either Deluxe or Suites. As a helpful hint I would say they are worth the small premium in rate.

Thank you for your review and for your business!

Best!

Phil GM
Oakland, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I'm actually still here but wanted to write this review before I forgot everything.

The lobby is newly remodeled and looks great. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The hallways and rooms are older but it looks like they tried to do a quick modernization that wasn't full finished or was done for pennies on the dollar. The room is spacious but when I first checked in I noticed there was a wadded up tissue on the floor. After further inspection I noticed a long hair in the sink (I have short hair) and things weren't "super clean". The bed is comfortable and was very clean but the rest of the room was sub par and not someplace I'd ever take my spouse for a vacation/romantic getaway.

Parking for guests is about $20 a day and has in/out privileges. There's a small lot in the front but a larger one around back where the elevators to most rooms are.

The shower emitted a high pitched whine the entire time I used it, which was annoying.

I placed the breakfast menu out on my door around 8pm last night and it was still there at the time I requested my meal - so obviously I wasn't happy about that. I'm at the end of the hall but feel that it should still have been checked as it says place on door "prior to 2am".

Had dinner in the bar last night - the bar tapas menu is very small, although they seem to have over 100 beers on tap etc. The tomato caprese, was 1 small slice of tomato and 1 small slice of mozzarella cheese on a thin toasted baguette slice with 1/2 a plate of greens. Very disappointing. The chicken caesar salad was just ok - could benefit form more dressing and the chicken being cut up instead of almost whole on top of the salad. The waitstaff was very nice and friendly but the food wasn't great for the price that was paid.

The total cost of the 4 nights, with taxes fees etc., is approx. $611 - not including parking or extras.

All in all if you have a quick trip to LA and are only going to sleep here it's ok - but there are nicer hotels nearby for only $10 or $20 dollars more per night - and Hotwire had 4 star hotels in the area at the same rate. Next time I'll stay at one of the better rated hotels for a similar rate.

Room Tip: Don't get a room at the end of the hall.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! While obviously we love to hear all good things, constructive criticism is really important for us in getting things right. Cleanliness is the cornerstone of the stay. It's hard to get a good night sleep in a room that isn't cleaned well. I'm sure that set the tone for the rest of the stay. You have my sincere apologies! Travel well and feel free to contact me directly if you decide to give us another try. All the best!!! Phil GM
boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We went here last week, to stay while we brought my grandson to find an apt in LA, for school. The bathroom was disgraceful, someone else's hair clogging the tub, lights not working, scum all around the sink..We complained and were given free breakfasts, and promised the room would be better. The room was never cleaned better, and our keys locked us out 7 times in 4 days, with trips down to front desk to replace them..If you're smart you will stay clear, very clear of this place. One good thing, the wait staff in the Dining Room, and Pub were excellent.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Yikes! The basic expectation we have for a hotel stay is that the room will be clean and well-maintained. Finding your room in that condition must have been extremely frustrating and I'm sure set the tone for your stay. In your shoes I also would have been extremely upset. You have my sincere apologies!!! Best! Phil GM
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel about 6 times and it is a great airport hotel as it is convenient and offer a great deal of amenities. If you stay in the old wing the room is old and depressing and has a musky oder but if you stay in the new renovated wing on the preferred floor it is another world

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
I sometimes feel like a broken record on my responses so I apologize if you've read this same type of response a few times. All 566 rooms in the Hotel are recently renovated. We finished the last room in May 2012. This includes our Traditional rooms category in our Center Tower. The Center Tower is an enclosed exterior corridor. The rooms have a good ceiling height are clean, spacious and well-appointed but their only window looks out to the corridor. All the other rooms in the hotel are Deluxe or Suites. If you are looking for the best value option try our Traditional rooms. If you don't want a room with a window looking into the hallway I would suggest booking a Deluxe room at a small premium. Even then we are a great value at LAX.

Thanks for taking the time to do the review. Thank you for your business. We hope to be welcoming you back very soon! Best!!! Phil GM
Vancouver, Washington, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had a late check in around 1am and were directed to the rear parking lot to park, after driving around we discovered there was no parking and we were directed to park in Vallet Parking. We were helped into our room thankfully as we had 2 small children and 8 pieces of luggage.
Decent recovery with a nice room however.

Room Tip: ask for a corner room as they are larger.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
It's funny how arrival can make all of the difference. Tired at 1 am we don't want to pull into a hotel and find all of the parking spots taken. It just sets us off. Even though the recovery was to get you into valet and help you with the kids and luggage...into a nice room, the stay was tainted as "not the best place I have been to". This is completely understandable. Next time we'll have a parking space and we'll work on a five-star review. All the best!!! Phil GM

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport? Share your experiences!