Stayed at this hotel for four nights at the end of July. Before getting to the hotel review, some tips on the airport shuttle. All airport hotels use the same shuttle service - these blue shuttles. Pay close attention to the hotel names scrolling on the front and side of the bus. Usually one shuttle serves two (or sometimes one) hotel. If you're looking for an exclusive Four Points shuttle bus, you will not find it.
Overall, I give the Four Points four stars because the staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. The common areas are beautifully appointed (although the main lobby sitting area is freezing cold and it was impossible for me to stay there longer than a few minutes). The food in the restaurant is quite good (they serve breakfast and dinner only). Yes, it is pricey, but what hotel food is not pricey. If you want cheap, there is a Burger King within walking distance across the street. The hotel is very clean - both common areas and our room. There is a concierge to help with booking tours (if that is your thing) or to help with tickets for the Shuttle down to Manhattan Beach (which runs down Century Blvd just a couple blocks away). The Shuttle is well worth the $5 round trip to this charming beach community with a number of shops and restaurants - and a great beach. Also, we usually rent cars from Budget and the Budget rental office is directly across the street, so, once again, an easy walk to get your car when you need it.
On the downside, our room, while clean, was really below standard. We were in the "old wing" mentioned in a few other reviews. It's kind of hidden away. You get out of the elevator and initially can't figure out where the arrows are pointing. Then you see, oh, I have to go through this door that leads where? There you are in this odd motel looking hallway except with a wall built up to make it an indoor space, but it's all just too bizarre. Soundproofing from the outside is great, you never hear the airplanes, but somehow that whole wing still feels like motel row, with humid air making its way into your room. The decor of the room was nice and the room was a decent size, but the beds were awful - squishy, doughy mattresses - and the noise from the neighboring rooms and the hallway was horrible. Draw the wrong neighbors (as we did) and you can kiss sleep goodbye.
So, if you can book one of the new rooms (not in the motel hallway wing), it would probably be a great experience all around. If you get one of the old rooms, make sure you got in for a good price and go enjoy the rest of the amentities the place has to offer. The pool and it's surroundings are lovely and the bar is great.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport Hotel Los Angeles
- 4 Points By Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport
- Four Points By Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport Hotel
- Four Points Los Angeles
- Sheraton Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Four Points
- Los Angeles Sheraton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our LAX Hotel is conveniently located near the airport for quick access before and after your flight. Four Points Los Angeles Airport Hotel offers shuttle service to and from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Amex, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.