“Just OK; But Beware of the SCARY Parking Lot” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport

You added Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9750 Airport Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045 (Westside)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #100 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
Los Angeles
“Just OK; But Beware of the SCARY Parking Lot”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Being a Starwood member, I thought I'd pick up some quick and easy points for a one night trip to SF, with a package offering free parking. The hotel is dated, the rooms were tired, and I found it barely average. Definitely below some of the other Sheraton's I've stayed in. But a future deal breaker for me, and possibly you if this matters, is that the parking lot is a strange affair, way out back, with most spots far far away from the hotel. This is a scary place to be late at night for parking, or for your late night return. Yes, there were big flood lights out there, but I thought that was because they were trying to scare away the many predators who would find a lonely traveler out there a good mark. The "free" shuttle doesn't run very often either.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
PBFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Honestly in your shoes I don't think I would have felt the same way about the parking lot. Perhaps because I know how secure the lot is. Candidly there is one entrance and exit to a lot that is contiguous to the hotel. There are spaces right up against the back door and there are CCTV cameras that are monitored 24/7. Regarding the lighting we did recently brighten the lot but it was in response to simply having adequate light, not in response to any incidents. We've actually never had any type of incidents in the parking lot - at least going back 15 years.

The shuttle is free to guests and runs every 15 to 20 minutes. We share a shuttle with the Westin. There are ambassadors at the hotel stops and we have a large GPS monitor at the front door that shows where the shuttles are so that we always know how long until the next shuttle arrives.

I appreciate your review and I apologize that you didn't feel safe.

Best!

Phil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
  • Polish first
Western MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Flew into LAX for a family vacation and wanted to stay at a hotel near the airport since we were arriving late. There are so many hotels in the area that I would not be compelled to come back in the future. We didn have towels, guest services was not accommodating, the room had an odd smell, and the parking lot was VERY difficult to navigate and find a space. Long story short, not worth the price.

• Stayed March 2013
PBFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
We want to be great for a long stay or a short stay so this is a disappointing review for us. Just a tip for those reading this on the parking. The lot is contiguous and enclosed with one entrance and exit. When you are arriving come in through the gate and take a ticket. Follow the signs to the rear entrance of the hotel...up and over the ramp. When you are in the back lot get as close to the back door as you can. When you check in give the ticket you took at the gate to the desk agent. They will give you a ticket that will last for the length of your stay that will allow you to get in and out whenever you want to. It isn't complicated, but some local knowledge may help. Apologies for the poor stay!!!! Best! Phil
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We overnighted at the hotel on our way to Maui. We arrived early at the hotel and the front desk was very helpful, especially Jealessia. They had a "no problem" attitude. Would definately stay here again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I love the "no problem" attitude observation and I love that your recognized Jealessia (and spelled her name right...something I've been struggling with for two years). I've been in this business a long time and I tell my staff that the secret is smiling all the time and never saying no to anything. Hope to see you back soon and please don't hesitate to send me a head's up. Best!!! Phil GM
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Bottom Line: I would stay at the Four Points LAX. I feel like I got a good value for the room rate I received, was pleased with the room, and was well taken care of by staff.

Stayed here for an overnight between flights into/out of LAX. Check-in was smooth, common areas nice, clean, and up-to-date. The room was quite spacious and had a nice view of the planes coming into land at LAX. The A/C in the room may have been on a governor or something because the room never did cool down and was pretty muggy. Luckily the window would open, which was handy.

Dinner in the hotel restaurant was pretty good, and I was really impressed with the number of beer choices they had and with the quality and variety of the choices themselves. The server was helpful and offered tastes when I was unsure. Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was pretty standard fare, but was well-stocked, the food was fresh, and the service was attentive.

I've had wide and varying experiences with Four Points properties. This one is certainly on the better end of the scale. In fact, depending upon the rate, I would certainly keep this property when choosing a Starwood property at LAX.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We are a square meal square deal hotel. Full-service property - 5 F&B outlets, 24 hr room service, bell service, etc. - with a select service brand and price point. Thank you for your very helpful review. It means a lot coming from someone who is so engaged on this site. Best!!! Phil GM
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

2 nights at 4 points LAX and it was just great!! Desk staff was right on the ball and very helpful, especially Martin. He went out of his way to assure that I was looked after by getting me lined up with a ticket for the Ocean Express Bus. Looked up the metrolink rapid trasit that I would need to get to a suburb and back. Most helpful. The room was nicely appointed and very clean and bed very comfortable. Bathroom was a little small but I was the only one staying. there so it wasn't a problem. Breakfast was buffet, complimentary and tasty. Lax has a unique shuttle program that works very well. The hotels are coordinated into an encompassing system that handles all the hotels. Very convenient. Belonging to Starwood Preferred benefits the traveller so much that I don't understand why everyone doesn't take advantage of the membership program.. Thank you Starwood for this opportunity and thank you 4 Points LAX for my pleasant stay

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
What a great and helpful review. Thank you very much! Some really helpful points, especially the Ocean Express trolley to Manhattan Beach, the Metrolink, and the Starwood Preferred Guest program. I hope we'll be welcoming you back soon! Phil GM
colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is a lay over hotel and do not expect much more than that. The hotel itself is a little dated. My room was okay, the bed was comfortable and the staff were friendly. The restaurant was not very good and there is nothing much outside the hotels except more hotels and some airlines cargo facilities. I would suggest eating in LAX before checking in.

The part that I had a little problem with was the check out process. On Saturday morning at 9am, there were only two hotel staff manning the front desk. It took me more than 10 minutes to check out. Luckily I gave myself plenty of time to catch my flight.

The airport shuttle is also something to be aware of. It runs on a 15 to 20 minutes schedule and not on a fixed departure schedule so you cannot really time it. When I was waiting for the shuttle, there were at least two people who had to catch a cab to the airport because they were running late. This arrangement is kind of sucks for a hotel airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
While "it serves the purpose" isn't what we come to work everyday striving for, your review was well taken. The way to overcome the airport location is to jump on the Ocean Express and go 5 miles or so to Manhattan Beach. It seems like there is nothing around, but we are right near the beach and beach cities, 3 miles for El Porto, one of the premier surfing spots in SoCal.

I know what you're saying regarding the uncertainty of the shuttles, unfortunately, it would be completely inefficient for the airport shuttle to operate on a schedule due to the variable traffic conditions in and around LAX. The company that runs the shuttles has a very sophisticated system for matching demand with seats and adjusting shuttles for traffic levels. We do have a GPS monitor by our guest services desk that shows at all times where the shuttles are.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a helpful review! All the best! Phil
Hastings, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My family (Mom, Dad, Kids 10 & 8) stayed here last week on our trip to HNL, as we had an overnight layover in LAX. The shuttle service from the airport and back was very convenient, running every 15 minutes. Check in was fast and the desk staff very friendly. They have an outdoor pool that looked nice, but we did not use.

They had apparently been giving out cookies to kids at the front desk, as when we checked in I saw a young boy come up and ask if they had any more. The desk clerk was very friendly, and pulled one from behind the counter for him. Very friendly, helpful vibe at this hotel.

Because we signed up as Starwood members, we received 2 free water bottles in our room, even though this was our first stay. A small touch, but nice. The room felt spacious and clean, and the beds were comfortable. Outside noise was not noticeable.

In the morning we ate at the breakfast buffet at Comfort, their restaurant right off the lobby. The price was a little steep (about $50 for all four of us, though the kids ate little naturally). The food was good and the service prompt. They had a nice selection of cold and hot food.

I would happily use this hotel for future layovers.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
PBFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Next time stay a bit longer...I bet the kids would have loved the pool. Thank you for your kind review! The cookies are fantatstic. Best!!! Phil

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport? Share your experiences!