“Fine - for a night” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport

You added Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport
Ranked #93 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Brisbane
“Fine - for a night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for one night as part of an airline holiday package and had a very basic budget rate room which had its window on a corridor. This corridor was not pleasant to walk down being somewhat dingy.

The room was small for the two king beds but was fine for just one night. The bed was comfy. The bathroom was clean although a little tired and had a few toiletries supplied but not a tooth brush which was what I needed. The shop down in the lobby area was open quite late and stocked toiletries.

This hotel has a resturant and bar but unfortunately these were closed before my 9pm arrival. I therefore phoned room service but they were unable to provide me with a simple sandwich so, as I could not eat from their menu, I had to wait for breakfast - not good after coming off a plane trip.

Breakfast at 6am the following morning was adequate and cost $22.

Although I really paid peanuts for this hotel I would not choose it in different circumstances. A week after this I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and that would be my choice for my next trip.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
PBFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, December 29, 2011
I certainly appreciate your review and your comments, they were astute and well taken.

Just to clarify a couple of things, we do have tooth brushes, tooth paste, and other emergency essentials available from our Housekeeping Department upon request. Also, our Brewster's Bar is open for drinks and dinner until just before 2 am. Alittle late now, but I'm sure we would have accomodated any sandwich request there. Breakfast is $16 for a full hot buffet, although with tip and tax it probably does come to $22.

Our goal is not to provide an adequate stay for falks paying peanuts...its to WOW and exceed expectations for travelers looking for a great value full-service hotel. I hope you'll reconsider the Holiday Inn Express when you come next time and maybe enjoy some of our other amenities such as the great pool area and heated pool.

Happy New Year!

Phil GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011 via mobile

As a person in the profession of hospital management, I have high expectations for customer service & the staff truly exceeded my expectations & made for a very pleasant start to my vacation. I ate at the bar/restaurant and had excellent service & meal. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011
PBFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, December 19, 2011
It was great to read that we met your expectations. When we're in the service industry we are cursed with noticing everything - sort of a trained ADD. It doesn't always help us relax and enjoy our stay, but it does help us recognize when things are going right. This is high praise and we very much appreciate it and look forward to welcoming you back. Best! Phil GM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

Staff was very friendly, professional and accommodating. Their 24 Hour Check-In/Check-Out program was great for flying in and out of LAX and, especially when traveling with kids, this flexibility is a welcomed hospitality plus. Great room service food, too.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Fantastic to hear that the 24 Hour Check-In/Check-Out program is working for you. Having an 8 year-old I can certainly imagine that being able to get into a room when you arrive is super important. Happy Holidays!!! Phil GM
San Juan Capistrano, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

I enjoyed the weather, the connivence, the friendly staff and the great beers available at Brewsters.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Friendly Staff and Great Beer... That's us in a nutshell. Thanks for the great review. Happy Holidays!!! Phil GM
Rancho Cucamonga, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

Staff was very friendly, from the bellman to thefront desk and even the security personel. We had two rooms, both were spacious, well appointed and clean. Awesome beer selection in the bar! The had renovated since I was there in the late 90's early 00's. Well done!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
PBFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, December 14, 2011
It's great that you've seen it change over the years. With the latest redo it has not only embraced the Honest Uncomplicated Comfort of the Four Points Brand, it also reflects and has taken on the chic sexiness of our Parent - SBE. Thanks for the review and thanks for recognizing Brewster's. Today our Beer List is a recent Sips Award winner for Best Regional Beer List in the US. Back in 2000 we were at the cutting edge of the Craft Beer Movement and essentially we were the first major hotel to serve flavorful beer. Hope to see you back soon on your World Travels! Happy Holidays! Phil GM
city of angels
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

If the front desk clerk was friendlier,then the hotel would got a better review, but she was not very friendly. The room was great. It clean and modern and the bedding was rathern nice, but the staircase and the outer hallways are dated and need to be upgraded.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
You make a really good point about the "Karma of a Hotel Stay". When our guests get off to iffy start it is hard to recover - especially when arriving in an unfamiliar place during an area-wide power outage. Friendliness is in our DNA. Normally there is a natural compassion and cheerfulness about the staff here. I hope you'll try us again. I'm confident we'll do a much better job of welcoming you into our extended family. Happy Holidays! Phil
Prince George, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

I used this hotel for one night before an early flight out of LAX.

The shuttle works well, and even though it's shared with the Westin in didn't take long to get there. On the way back it's only a few minutes to the airport because it doesn't make any stops.

Checkin was very friendly and efficient. I was informed about the free wifi, which worked well.
There was a slight issue in that I had been assigned someone else's room (they were not there yet, but had a personalized letter waiting) but it was sorted out quickly and efficiently.

I found the hotel rather loud. There was some noise from the other rooms, but mostly aircraft noise. The runways at LAX are somewhat offset and many hotels sit practically between the runways, so the noise alternates between one plane's engines spooling up for takeoff and another one booming by on final approach to the airport. That's not the hotel's fault though, and a problem all of the hotels near the airport have. However, the windows didn't seem particularly high-quality, so perhaps that increased the noise levels.

Biggest gripe: No hot shower in the morning. I let the water run for several minutes but it wouldn't get hot. When I mentioned this at checkout the agent was apologetic but only offered to pass it on to maintenance.

For the money paid the value was satisfactory, and I trust that the broken shower would have been a one-off situation. I'd stay there again, provided I could get a good rate.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
PBFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, December 13, 2011
Thanks for the very fair and thoughtful review. What struck me about your stay was that we were able to overcome some issues and you still enjoyed yourself and came away as a potentially loyal repeat customer. I actually look forward to your next stay when we will get it all right. Thank you very much! Best, Phil

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport? Share your experiences!