“Awesome Tour!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 329 Activities in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Owner description: A Day in LA Tours offers the best city tours of Los Angeles & Hollywood and the ultimate Segway(R) tours. We want to show all sides of LA! Our city tours offer free pick-up and drop-off. We know many visitors are in town for only a few days, so we want to make the most of your time. Our tours highlight Hollywood, Venice, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, Mansions, Griffith Park, Sunset Strip, the Hollywood Walk of Fame, Rodeo Drive, The Grove, stars' homes, and much more! Give us a day or two and you'll enjoy everything LA has to offer! Ask about our private tours as well, we can accommodate most any sized groups!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Santa Clarita, California
“Awesome Tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have lived in Los Angeles all of my life and have always wanted to take a tour of my home town. Visiting family from Japan created the perfect opportunity. A Day in LA Tours was clearly the best way to give my out-of-town guests a good feel for Los Angeles without my having to stress over traffic and parking. This was definitely the best value for my money! Brian was our tour guide and he was both funny and informative! I highly recommend this tour!

Sydney, Australia
“A great taster for LA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I am sure a lot of these 1 day LA tours cover similar locations however what I can say about A Day in LA Tours was that our guide was just a delight. A great balance between factual information and good humoured stories and anecdotes. The tour was well balanced with locations and stops where we had time to explore.

I particularly liked the fact there was no hard sell on reminding everyone to tip. From my perspective it meant when I did leave a tip is was not because I had been guilted into it.

Houston, Texas
5 attraction reviews
“Comedian Tour”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The 8 hr. tour was ok, but not as informative as we'd hoped. Brian, our guide, was very nice and funny. Our main concern was that we were dropped off at sights with no guide to explain things or point things out. Brian stayed in the bus or drove around while we were on our own.

We had requested the front seating tour bus, per other comments on this site, but they were only running one bus and it was more of a "U - Shaped" style seating which was not easy for viewing. If you get this style of bus, try sitting in the rear.

Later in the week we took the TOURific Escapes tour, which was for 4 1/2 hrs. Their guide & owner, Trish, was very informative & got off w/ us at every stop. They visit 6 restaurants for tastings, which was included in the cost of the tour. The TOURific Escapes tour costs more, but was so worth it & their tour bus is brand new w/ forward seating that held ~12 people which made the tour more personable. They do NOT take you to Malibu, Griffin Observatory (closed on Mondays), Rodeo Drive or some of the stars homes, which you do get on A Day in LA Tour.

I would NOT recommend taking young children on either tours. We did enjoy both tours, but would of liked the guide getting off at the sights & telling us about things. Also, it would of been nice to of known that the Griffin Observatory stop was closed on Mondays or have them pick another stop in its place on that day.

A Day in LA Tour will pick you up at your hotel if it's on their long list of hotels, but I would recommend parking at the garage they tell you about and meet them near the Visitors' Center this way you won't have to start so early & can eat in the area to allow time for the rush hour traffic to die down. There are some great restaurants with a view on or near the Santa Monica Pier, which is where they start and end. Eat & enjoy a beautiful sunset after the tour! Your parking is a set fee for the day, so enjoy the area while you're there!

Visited January 2013
adayinlatours, Owner at A Day in LA Tours, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Pam - First off, thank you for booking with A Day in LA Tours. In response to your review: Our guides generally do not get off with you at every stop in order to give you time to peruse the area on your own. We feel that with all the narration going on while the tour is in motion it is nice to get a break and enjoy the sights (we do , however, encourage our guides to help direct people to points of interest). It's also a time for the guides to drink a bottle of water and casually talk amongst the guests in more natural, informal way. I apologize that the Griffith Park observatory was closed (as it was a Monday). However, we still like to go there as it is the best place in LA to really see the entire Los Angeles basin. Also, we have experimented with different seating arrangements for optimal touring and viewing - it's impossible to please everyone but we really do try. Once again, thank you for choosing us and I hope the rest of your stay in LA is enjoyable.

Raman, CEO and Owner
Succasunna, New Jersey
“This tour is EXCELLENT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I had the bus pick me up in Hollywood and drop me off in Santa Monica.The guy that picked me up was fantastic, we talked the whole way to Santa Monica, he had the best personality ever. Once on the tour we had Brian as our guide, and there is only one thing I can say, HE WAS BETTER THAN EXCELLENT, absolutely full of knowledge, I just dont know how he could remember everything and talk right throughout the tour. All I can say, if you want a day in LA tour just book this one, its great.

“Excellent!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Really good tour of the main attractions and tour guide Brian was really cool too. Perfect amount of time at each stop, and saw everything that was worth while seeing. Overall was a really good day.