“Awesome for All!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 328 Activities in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Owner description: A Day in LA Tours offers the best city tours of Los Angeles & Hollywood and the ultimate Segway(R) tours. We want to show all sides of LA! Our city tours offer free pick-up and drop-off. We know many visitors are in town for only a few days, so we want to make the most of your time. Our tours highlight Hollywood, Venice, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, Mansions, Griffith Park, Sunset Strip, the Hollywood Walk of Fame, Rodeo Drive, The Grove, stars' homes, and much more! Give us a day or two and you'll enjoy everything LA has to offer! Ask about our private tours as well, we can accommodate most any sized groups!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Rotonda, Florida, United States
“Awesome for All!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We only had 1 day in LA but thanks to Brian and A Day in LA Tours, we experienced everything we wanted. Was a little concerned about a "Rasta Bus" since we were traveling with my parents who are in their late 70s, but they had a great time as well. The bus was comfortable but the tour guide was what made it memorable. Brian was knowledgeable, articulate, friendly, courteous, professional and just all around fun. Learned so much about LA and saw sights we would never have found on our own even if we had a week to try. Would highly recommend this tour to anyone of any age whether you have limited time or plan to stay in the area longer. It's the right start to visiting LA!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Day In LA!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband has been working in Bakersfield CA for two months and finally had a Sunday off. I decided to fly in from Atlanta GA and spend a day with him.We drove down to LA and met my sister and brother in law from Las Vegas Nevada. I was looking for something where we could see everything and not have to worry about driving and paying to park everywhere. I was so happy I found this tour on trip advisor. Our tour guide was named Matt and he was very fun and entertaining. I loved the fact that we actually saw everything "LA". I especially thought it was neat to be on rodeo drive and to see that famous street lined with palm trees. My husband really enjoyed himself and for the first time since he has been in California felt like he was on a real vacation. Thanks for making our day great!

Tampa, FL
“A Day of Fun and Discovery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Two thumbs up for this excellent, informative tour! My husband and I are "seasoned" world travelers, and this was one of the best tours we've experienced. The staff is customer-oriented, knowledgeable, and personable. We were picked up on time at our hotel in Century City, and later dropped off there, as well. At our initial rendezvous location in Santa Monica, we were treated to fresh fruit and glasses of OJ. A nice way to start off our busy day!

The vibe of the Rasta Bus is relaxed and progressive. Loved the upbeat bumper-stickers. The seats are comfortable, and the bus is not too big, easily navigating throught the busy streets, and avoiding that big tour bus feeling. As someone else wrote, the smaller sized vehicle accomodated just the right number of people.

Our guide was Kimeko, and she was a hoot! Fun, experienced and capable, she set a wonderful easy-going tone for the day. She even gave us her personal mobile number in case anyone got separated or lost. Do request her by name.

Highly recommend this tour for a fabulous overview of Los Angeles!

Boston, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
“Best City Tour I've Ever Been On”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Wow, this tour was better than I could have even imagined. I have traveled all over the world and I have never been on a tour that was more fun or entertaining. We got to see the beaches, several celebrity homes (with a few funny stories to go with them), Rodeo Dr., the Chinese Theater and Walk of Fame, the Farmer's Market (where there are so many food choices you might get lost!) and Griffith Park Observatory. I really liked going to the Griffith Park Observatory because you get really close to the Hollywood sign! The buses were clean, the seats were comfortable and the tour guide, Matt, was very knowledgeable and entertaining. He had lots of entertaining stories and fun information for us that really kept the tour flowing. Like I said, this was the best tour I've ever been on, and I highly recommend it to others.

York, United Kingdom
“The Rasta Bus rules!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Anyone taking a tour in LA needs to look no further than A Day in LA Tours on the Rasta Bus. I spent a lot of time reviewing all the tours and eventually decided upon this one. Our family (4 of us including 2 girls aged 20 & 13) had a wonderful time. The tour was informal and had just the right number of people to make it still feel personable. The time spent at each stop was just perfect. We were also picked up en route from Santa Monica and dropped off straight after the tour ended! Some other tours I checked out offered a pick up and drop off service but at up to 90 minutes before & after the tour started and ended! The Farmers Market was excellent. As were Rodeo Drive and the Griffith Park Observatory Our guide Matt was friendly, informative and always on time for our pick ups. It was the perfect day. We couldn't have done this ourselves, so this is highly recommended. The tour was extremely good value for money. A truly memorable experience!