“LOVED IT! Will use again.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Essex Manor Hotel Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Los Angeles
Essex Manor Hotel Apartments
You added Essex Manor Hotel Apartments to your Saves list
2816 West Sunset Place, Los Angeles, CA 90005 (Central L.A)   |
Las Vegas, Nevada
“LOVED IT! Will use again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed in what I believe was the smallest (and cheapest!) available unit at Essex Manor Hotel Apartments. (Mae West Suite.)
It is probably the cleanest hotel I've EVER stayed in. I loved it.

Here's what you get: Air-conditioned (wall unit) studio apartment;
Nice bathroom with more towels than you can use for your stay!
Fully equipped kitchen (full-size refrigerator, toaster, microwave, coffee machine, dish soap, new sponge, stove, plenty of utensils and also break-ware)
Small sitting area where you can eat.
During my week-plus long stay, I never cooked, but I just made coffee in the mornings and kept restaurant-leftovers in the refrigerator.

Here's what you do NOT get:
Constant and annoying maid service.... knocking at all times to deliver things and turn-down service and waking you up in the morning! I LOVED this part of it!
You get ONE packet of coffee and one tiny little shampoo bottle and some generic soap.
So, when you make your reservation here, bring all those silly hotel bottles you've been hoarding! It will come in handy! Bring your own coffee. I bought milk a couple block or so away from a grocery store.
There are many restaurants within walking distance - -- well, not on 6-inch heels, but within a couple few blocks (Subway, Mediterranean place, Dr. Robbin - health food, Cafe Mak)

I never felt unsafe; you get an outside key, a parking space, gate opener and a code for your room. I didn't even see anyone else while I was there - really quiet. Manager was nice, but he doesn't bother you - loved that!
I'll stay here again next time I'm in LA and need to work in that area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

This is not the most luxurious place in LA but I think it's very nice for the price.
My friend and I stayed in the Audrey Hepburn room. The kitchen was very nice and the bathroom too.
The location isn't perfect but as long as you have a car, you're fine. It's also very close to bus and metro rail.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Milano
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed in the Marilyn Monroe Apartment for 4 nights in August and we cannot be more happy. Our flight was cancelled and we had to arrive late but our phone didn't work in the Usa so we could not contact the resident manager directly. At our arrival he was very helpful and kind though, and he gave us a tour of the property. It was like having a real home in L.A and that was great. Our apartment was small but packed with everything we need, so we always had breakfast and dinner at home. It was very clean and they gave you a lot of towels so if you are there for 1 week or less you don't have to do the laundry just for towels. The have washers and dryers in the basement so it's very convenient if you are traveling with a light luggage and you need to wash your clothes. Private complimentary parking is a plus, as wi-fi. The only negative part, for me, was the bed...too soft for my taste, but I guess that's pretty personal.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Chelsea, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed in the Jimmy Stewart room for 8 days and before the trip was nervous about the location because I was traveling with my Mother and we have never been to LA before. The room was so charming and clean! Don, the manager in charge was very helpful. The location was perfect for what we needed. Centrally located to downtown and easy to get to Beverley Hills, Culver City, Studio City, Silver Lake and Hollywood. Free parking and WI-fi. Also a flat screen TV with a DVD player in the room. Everyday my mom and I kept saying, "I can't believe we found this place, it is so perfect!". The prices were outstanding and we could cook in our room so we didn't take back any vacation weight with us. : ) There are two markets within a five minute drive. The futon was super comfy and my Mom thought the bed was too. There were plenty of towels, and the first round of coffee and toilet paper was on them. I highly recommend this Hotel/Apartment to anyone who is looking for an affordable, clean, place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

For $119 including taxes and parking, I had a place to myself that was secure and clean. Even had a kitchen and free wi-fi. How can you do better? I had the "Burns & Allen penthouse" which even has a small outdoor roofdeck; not suitable for children, though.

Head around the corner and eat authentic Salvadoran cuisine for rock-bottom prices.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
golconda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

They are security minded, its a little disconcerting that they feel they have to. The room is clean and we have everything that we need for our stay, 9 days. The location is a bit of a negative. We have to drive everywhere. There isn't much within walking distance except some Mexican joints. The bed is quite comfy. We stayed in the Elizabeth Taylor room.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

We checked into the Judy Garland Apartment for five nights. Don checked us in at a very late hour and he was very hospitable. Check in went very smoothly. The room was GREAT!It was spotless.They left lots of towels, hand towels, and wash clothes. The kitchen was stocked with everything. It was nice going to the market and Joans on third to get things for breakfast and snacks. We used the bed and futon. Both were very comfortable. I was very surprised on how comfortable the futon was! ( I called when I got home to see where they bought the futon so I can buy one too! ) I felt safe at all times at this hotel. I loved having an assigned parking space in a gated parking lot. The hotel was in the perfect location for us! Easy to find with GPS. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great place to call home while in LA. Thank you!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Essex Manor Hotel Apartments? Share your experiences!