“Redefines my expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Ottawa, Canada
“Redefines my expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I really enjoyed this hotel. From the moment we arrived, we were taken care us. We booked a room/breakfast/parking/wifi combo and received a nice suite upgrade. Considering the cost of parking and breakfast in the area, I thought that this was a very fair deal. Hotel staff was very attentive and Daniel at the front desk was fantastic and very pleasant.

The suite was superb. Unfortunately, this suite now redefines my expectations for a cool boutique hotel (and fairly priced)... It will be hard to beat! The bed was very comfortable. Temp control was complex but worked well. Despite some earlier reviews warning about the noise level from the Library, I thought that the sound-proofing was very well done. There is indeed a nice mechanism by which the patio door can be further soundproofed and it makes a huge difference. I was there on a Thursday night and the music was pleasant and died down fairly early around 11 or midnight (not sure anymore...). I have no real criticisms (the tv remote didn't work well, but I didn't really care).

I hope to return to the redburry next time I am in LA.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
DavidLangGM, General Manager at The Redbury Hollywood, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear gmart1107,
Redefining expectations of what a luxury boutique hotel should be is exactly what we set out to do here at The Redbury @ Hollywood and Vine! From the curated guest experience to the amazing small plates from our award-winning signature restaurant, Cleo, to a killer bar scene in The Library, we want our guests to feel at home and enjoy every moment spent here which is why we have invested so much time and so many resources in soundproofing everyone our rooms. We were glad to hear that it made such a big difference for you. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
David Lang

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Canton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

This hotel has the coolest vibe of any I've ever stayed at. It has a deep, rich decor that harkens back to Old Hollywood and low mood lighting that screams cool. The suite was very large with a full kitchen (sink, dishwasher, mini-fridge, bar-height island) and living room. I wish I could have entertained friends and family there! The room even included a record player with a selection of about 4 albums (you are able to borrow more records from the front desk). Very cool!
A balcony off the living room overlooked the bar and patio that was part of The Library, the hotel's onsite bar. It's open Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and makes for some great people watching. The sound proof door insulated us from almost all of the noise.
The room was clean, the bed comfortable, and the staff top-notch. Whenever we asked for something, they had someone at our door within 15 minutes. Their "shuttle" runs until about 11:00 p.m. to transport guests to bars/restaurant and/or bring them back. The shuttle was a 2014 BMW 7 series. Very nice!
My only criticism is there wasn't enough lighting in the room. The low lighitng was great for hanging out and relaxing, but horrible for doing things at night like reading, applying makeup, trying to find something in your suitcase, and working on a laptop.

Room Tip: Higher floors provide more of a sound buffer from the partying outside at The Library's courtyar...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
DavidLangGM, General Manager at The Redbury Hollywood, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Panayo71,
We’re stoked to see how much you enjoyed the cool vibe at The Redbury @ Hollywood and Vine. Our all-suite boutique hotel strives to provide an ultra-cool, yet unpretentious hospitality experience including one of Hollywood’s coolest bar scenes at The Library. I have to admit to enjoying the 7 Series BMW house car myself! To you point about the lighting, I am happy to report that we are weeks away from installing all new LED lighting throughout the property which will not only address your concern, but it will also all our us to dramatically reduce our energy consumption and be better stewards to the environment. Please come see us again soon and let us know what you think!
CA USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

My GF choose this location for a romantic stay for the 4th of July. We sought someplace close to the Hollywood Bowl given we took in Steve Martin and the Steep Canyon Rangers, the LA/West Coast Symphony, and fireworks at the Bowl for the 4th. Great show by the way...put on your bucket list.

The rooms and bathrooms at this hotel are quite large. Ours came with a full kitchen and sit down bar, as well as having a small patio deck. The pictures on the web site do a good job of portraying the unique decor, canopy bed, and accoutrements of the hotel rooms.

We wrote a letter to the manager on 2 small matters--we could not get the record player to work--yes, record player -- it fits the room's theme...and the outdoor terrace was closed for the 4th long weekend. In response we got the following reply (abbreviated). Any hotel this attentive to the customer's experience is deserving of follow-up and exposure with Tripadvisor:

Thank you for choosing the Redbury @ Hollywood and Vine while in Los Angeles! We truly appreciate you taking the time to complete our survey and were delighted to see how much you enjoyed your stay despite not being able to sit on the terrace or enjoy the record player. These are two of my favorite things about the property, and I apologize that things worked out the way they did. Please contact me directly next time you are coming to the area as I would like to offer you an amazing rate with a complimentary upgrade on a night you can enjoy them both."

Dear MACSr,
Thank you for posting this great review despite your challenge with the record player and The Library Bar not being open during your stay. As I mentioned in my e-mail, those are two of my favorite things about the hotel and was defiantly disappointed that you did not get to enjoy them, but it sounds Like Steve Martin and the Steep Canyon Rangers help take the edge off. We hear amazing feedback about their shows every time they play the Hollywood Bowl. Please let me know some of your favorite artists are when we set up your next stay, and we’ll be sure to stock your room with records you love!
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Stayed at The Redbury in February 2014. Loved it! Fantastic rooms. Very lush and groovy.
Awesome bed.
Heaps of room for the 3 of us, really like a small apartment.
Awesome bathrooms. Cleo's downstairs is delish! Try the brussel sprouts.
Warning though, the nightclub next door cranks on the weekend.
If you can't deal with that, maybe ask for a quiet room.

Room Tip: Choose a street side room if staying over a weekend
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
DavidLangGM, General Manager at The Redbury Hollywood, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear michelle m,
Thank you for this great review. Our all-suite boutique hotel was originally constructed in 2008 to condos, so each room is an apartment by design. Cleo’s brussel sprouts are amazing! I would have eaten more veggies as a kid if my mom made them taste like that. The Hollywood and Vine flats are typically the quietest options, but we did recently complete a sound proofing project as well. Please come see us again next time you’re in the states.
Cheers,
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

After spending a week in budget motels, The Redbury was an absolute pleasure. From the second you walk in, it is cool, quiet and just gorgeous. The flat we stayed in was spacious, very quiet and nicely dark - fantastic for catching up on missed sleep. We stayed on a Tuesday & Wednesday, so can’t comment on whether it is noisy at the weekend. It looked beautiful, had everything we could ask for (microwave, washer/dryer, glasses, plates and cutlery), including a turntable and funky record collection. Being so close to Amoeba Records, this is a big plus! Not a great view, but it was clear at booking which flats have views and which don't (our budget didn't allow for the next step up). Couldn't fault the room or the staff, who were all friendly and helpful and really went out of their way to look after us. Were we to find ourselves in LA again in the future, I wouldn’t hesitate to stay at The Rebury again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Andera_Perth2014,
It was great to see how much you enjoyed your time at The Redbury @ Hollywood and Vine including the kitchenette, washer/dryer, and record player with a collection of vintage vinyl. We must admit that we find ourselves down the street flipping through records at Amoeba a bit more than we should, but can you blame us? Thank you as well for complementing our amazing staff. They take great pride in being friendly and helpful as you noted. We hope to see you again very soon.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

The Rodbury is amazing. I't's artistic, his decoration is incredible ,well located, personal very friendly and its rooms are suites. They are huge, they have their own kitchen, living room and bedroom.
In the Rodbury you're going to feel like a home. Literally.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
DavidLangGM, General Manager at The Redbury Hollywood, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear kepokomemolo
We were thrilled to see that The Redbury @ Hollywood and Vine felt like home to you. We want our guests to feel like they have the keys to a cool friend’s apartment in the city instead of staying in a traditional hotel since every room in our all-suite boutique hotel offers kitchens, living rooms, and private balconies.
Adelaide
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Just finished a 3 night stay here and enjoyed my time. The rooms are very big and are more like a work of art. The decor is very funky and liked the little touches like the record player and some vinyls to use during the stay. The bathroom is very large with room to have a party in the shower cubicle. The bathroom amenities very nice (nice enough to take with me which I don't usually do). There was a bit of noise from outside, despite staying on the top floor. But I can sleep through a thunder storm so didn't bother me. I used their car service to and from the airport, which is pricey but makes it very easy, and you travel in luxury!! Also, I ate from Cleo, their restaurant which has amazing middle eastern food. I would recommend trying it while you're there (it on its own is number 4 on trip advisor at last look).
The location is also pretty hard to beat if you want to be in Hollywood area. It's right on the walk of fame and close to activities and touring option. The metro station is just around the corner too! I would probably stay here again when I return to LA

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear BmitchAdelaide,
It was awesome to see how much you enjoyed your time at our all-suite boutique hotel including our signature amenities like the in-suite record player with a vintage vinyl collection, and complimentary BMW house car service. Thank you for your kind words about our award-winning restaurant, Cleo, as well. Please come see us again soon!
David Lang

Been to The Redbury Hollywood? Share your experiences!