“Style and substance” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
Perth, Australia
“Style and substance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

After spending a week in budget motels, The Redbury was an absolute pleasure. From the second you walk in, it is cool, quiet and just gorgeous. The flat we stayed in was spacious, very quiet and nicely dark - fantastic for catching up on missed sleep. We stayed on a Tuesday & Wednesday, so can’t comment on whether it is noisy at the weekend. It looked beautiful, had everything we could ask for (microwave, washer/dryer, glasses, plates and cutlery), including a turntable and funky record collection. Being so close to Amoeba Records, this is a big plus! Not a great view, but it was clear at booking which flats have views and which don't (our budget didn't allow for the next step up). Couldn't fault the room or the staff, who were all friendly and helpful and really went out of their way to look after us. Were we to find ourselves in LA again in the future, I wouldn’t hesitate to stay at The Rebury again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

391 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Rodbury is amazing. I't's artistic, his decoration is incredible ,well located, personal very friendly and its rooms are suites. They are huge, they have their own kitchen, living room and bedroom.
In the Rodbury you're going to feel like a home. Literally.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
DavidLangGM, General Manager at The Redbury Hollywood, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear kepokomemolo
We were thrilled to see that The Redbury @ Hollywood and Vine felt like home to you. We want our guests to feel like they have the keys to a cool friend’s apartment in the city instead of staying in a traditional hotel since every room in our all-suite boutique hotel offers kitchens, living rooms, and private balconies.
Adelaide
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Just finished a 3 night stay here and enjoyed my time. The rooms are very big and are more like a work of art. The decor is very funky and liked the little touches like the record player and some vinyls to use during the stay. The bathroom is very large with room to have a party in the shower cubicle. The bathroom amenities very nice (nice enough to take with me which I don't usually do). There was a bit of noise from outside, despite staying on the top floor. But I can sleep through a thunder storm so didn't bother me. I used their car service to and from the airport, which is pricey but makes it very easy, and you travel in luxury!! Also, I ate from Cleo, their restaurant which has amazing middle eastern food. I would recommend trying it while you're there (it on its own is number 4 on trip advisor at last look).
The location is also pretty hard to beat if you want to be in Hollywood area. It's right on the walk of fame and close to activities and touring option. The metro station is just around the corner too! I would probably stay here again when I return to LA

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear BmitchAdelaide,
It was awesome to see how much you enjoyed your time at our all-suite boutique hotel including our signature amenities like the in-suite record player with a vintage vinyl collection, and complimentary BMW house car service. Thank you for your kind words about our award-winning restaurant, Cleo, as well. Please come see us again soon!
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our group has stayed her a few times in the past. The rooms are spacious, fully furnished and comfortable. There's not a lot of amenities like a pool or gym if that matters to you, however. Room service and a nice hotel restaurant are available. The hipster staff is polite and accommodating.

The major downside is the bar /nightclub in the hotel which has now become host to the stupid Hollywood weekend crowd that used to frequent the Roosevelt Hotel down the street. So it you don't mind loud drunks, and bad DJ's blasting club music that spills into your room til midnight (or later) this place is still great. If you actually want a quiet hotel room at all hours, avoid this place on the weekends.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room on the weekends, spend more $$ for the Hollywood Flats.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
DavidLangGM, General Manager at The Redbury Hollywood, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear tobeginwith,
We love having your group stay with us when you are in Los Angeles and appreciate how much you enjoy our spacious suites and restaurant. The Library Bar does offer one of Hollywood’s best bar scenes on the weekends, and we are in the final stages of a sound proofing project that keeps the party where it belongs and not in your suite. You are 100% correct that the Hollywood flats are the quietest in the building…excellent tip! We’re looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I loved this hotel. The rooms are called lofts with reason: they are big and beautiful, with lots of space, stylish furniture and cool details (turntable with vintage records, huge kitchen with cool stuff, balcony, etc). The service was very friendly and attentive and the room service quite yummy (tip: go for Cleo, the mediterranean restaurant, or for the Katsuya sushi). The overall mood of the hotel is definitely hip, all in red tones and with dimmed lights - sometimes maybe a tad too dark - and the location is really convenient, just round the corner from Hollywood Blvd and ten minutes by feet rom Grauman´s Chinese Theatre and all the Hollywood mayhem (truth be told: it´s a bit shady round there, but still ok to walk around at night).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Alice B,
We really appreciate your kind words about The Redbury @ Hollywood and Vine! “When can we move in?” was my response the first time I saw one of the flats in our all-suite hotel and continues to be the most common response our team hears from guests. I am happy to report that we are in the midst of a "re-lamping project" that will both brighten up our rooms and reduce our carbon footprint by significantly lowering the amount of electricity the property uses. Please come see us again soon and let us know what you think!
Southern Pines, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

When I say "eclectic," I mean that to be all inclusive. The décor is "eclectic" and so is the service. The only dining room opens at 6PM....no lunch here. You can get breakfast in your room...which was cold the first go-around. They did respond immediately and sent another (warmer) breakfast up to my room. Check-in is at 3PM. When I arrived, my room was not ready and I was offered another room (the concierge said he said it was an upgrade<I did not hear that.) Be that as it may, when asked about the location, I was told that it abutted the patio area which can be noisy til 1:30 AM<his words. Now, I don't know about you but, I always opt for quiet around my room. Anyway, I finally got into my room around 5PM. Now, I am telling you all this because, the next day, I asked if I could check out a couple of hours later. I was told ..."yes, that will be fine ...for a $50. charge!!!" When I pointed out that I had to wait 2 hours the day before, to get into my room, his rather snippy reply was..."We did offer you an upgrade"<albeit, a noisy one. I don't mind paying for service but, don't nickel and dime me. Also, WiFi was available...for a $10. daily charge! Nah...I'll skip the "nickel ands diming!" I won't be coming back here.
PS My room was still noisy...at 3:30 am, noise from below til 4:30AM

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Thelam0313,
The Redbury @ Hollywood and Vine is definitely eclectic, but typically use the term ‘Bohemian Chic.’ While our award-winning restaurant, Cleo, is officially open for lunch we do provide ‘in-suite’ from both Cleo and sushi from Katsuya, our award-winning sister restaurant, anywhere on property including The Library Bar’s beautiful outdoor terrace. Please contact me at david.lang@theredbury.com or on my direct line at 323.963.5511 regarding the confusion around your upgrade. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.
St Kilda, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is in a really good location. Walking distance to Hollywood Boulevard & he Chinese Theatre, where all of the hop on hop off tours can be accessed.

The hotel was extremely clean, the staff very friendly and helpful and the complimentary hotel car was an added bonus.

The breakfast downstairs was excellent. Both the continental and cooked options were tasty.

The room was spacious, the bed was very comfortable and there was plenty of room for our roll out bed in the living space.

The record player and groovy decor made this quirky hotel fun to stay at.

Highly recommended.

Stayed June 2014

Been to The Redbury Hollywood? Share your experiences!