“A Hip Spot in Hollywood” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast Package!
Ranked #13 of 323 hotels in Los Angeles
northern California
“A Hip Spot in Hollywood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

The Redbury is a great boutique hotel in Hollywood. All the rooms are suites with a real living room (not just a big chair), and unexpected amenities like a washer/dryer. On my first stay, they voluntarily upgraded me to a premiere flat. Wow! The room was larger than most studio apartments in LA. It had a full kitchen and long bar. So perfect for entertaining it made me want to go out and find some new friends. The Redbury's room decor is totally unique, their own version of Bohemian with a touch of old Hollywood glam, all in warm tones. One of the fantastic features of The Redbury is their restaurant, Cleo. Cleo serves a delicious modern take on Mediterranean cuisine. Hotel guests are offered priority reservations, which is quite a benefit since Cleo is often fully booked. To add icing on the cake, The Redbury offers room service from Cleo so you can have fantastic food even if you want to lounge around in your flat. Having given all these compliments, let me warn you that the noise from other guests and from several clubs adjacent to the hotel can be loud. Stay here if you want to party - not if you want to have a peaceful time. Also, the valets here could try a little harder to be friendly (take some lessons from the valets at The W). It's routine for Hollywood/West Hollywood hotels to charge over $30 a day for valet parking, but for that I expect a smile at least.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

411 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in May, a Monday and Tuesday so maybe that was why we had no trouble with noise. The courtyard room was enormous, an upgrade from what we ordered, the bed was amazingly comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a great meal at the restaurant but if you didn't't like Middle Eastern influenced food it may not be to your taste. Very close to the Hollywood and Vine Metro station and bus routes that we used to get around LA,

Room Tip: We had no problems with our room. I am generally a light sleeper and heard a few voices in the court...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband & I stayed at The Redbury for 2 nights of our honeymoon. We were blown away by the luxurious decor of every inch of this hotel! We were very lucky to be upgraded to a larger room, which was beautifully furnished & had everything we could need. The record player was a fantastic addition. We ate breakfast & one evening meal in the hotel, both of which could not be faulted. The food was absolutely delicious & the staff were attentive & friendly. Guests must try the Brussels Sprouts! The Redbury is in an amazing location - right on the Hollywood Walk of Fame! This did not mean that the room was subject to noise at night - we slept well. We would definitely recommend this hotel. But maybe not to the money-conscious traveller.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
DavidLangGM, General Manager at The Redbury Hollywood, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you so much for allowing The Redbury @ Hollywood and Vine to be a part of your honeymoon and for your kind remarks about your stay. We were delighted to see how much you enjoyed our boutique hotel and signature restaurant, Cleo! We look forward to welcoming you back, and I will be sure to share your review with our team.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights and this place ranks up there. Phenomenal decor and ambience. Bar scene was hopping, service was top notch. The staff from valet to the Concierge was friendly and engaging. This place exudes style and sophistication. This is my go to hotel in LA from now on. Hollywood Baby!!!

• Stayed April 2013
DavidLangGM, General Manager at The Redbury Hollywood, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
The Reeceman,
Thanks so much for your kind remarks about your stay at the Redbury. Our goal is to make our home feel like yours, while providing you with a singular boutique hotel experience and an unpretentious refuge at the famed junction of Hollywood and Vine. We look forward to welcoming you back and I will be sure to share your review with our team as we continue to bring you the best of the A-list lifestyle in the heart of Hollywood!
Cheers,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here for 2nights in April, the room was great and the hotel itself is beautiful as well. Most of the staff was friendly and helpful although getting help from the front desk when calling down wasn't as smooth or easy as it could have been. The one thing that I definitely think could have been better for a hotel like this one is the room service menu. It's mainly within restricted meal times, the 24hr menu should really have more variety. I stayed in room 401 and didn't have any issues regarding the music from the club at night..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I thought I was young, until I woke up to pulsating house beats at 4am. It was annoying and I wanted to sleep. I thought LA shut down at 2am. Not at the Redbury. I called the front desk and he insisted the club had shut down. Really?? Cause I could have sworn that I was at a rave. Well apparently when the club closes the ravers take it to the hotel. So if you think you are safe from having a room away from the club, you may have leftover club kids as your neighbors. So last night the club was open until 6am and tonight I had the club above me. I even sleep with the TV on so I can handle noise, but this was just too much. So if you insist on staying here, and don't get me wrong - the rooms are amazing, huge, kitchens, stripper poles, balcony, living area, great sheets - do not stay by the club side, unless of course you want to whip out your glow sticks and party!

Room Tip: stay away from the club side!!!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DavidLangGM, General Manager at The Redbury Hollywood, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear the Courts,

The urban rhythms in Hollywood can be exhilarating – except when you’re looking for some peace and quiet, which is why we have undertaken an extensive soundproofing project at The Redbury. We are very sorry for the disturbances and have spoken to our neighbors about ensuring they continue to take the necessary steps to not disturb our guests, and please know that we have 24 hour security that amongst other duties ensure hotel guests do not disturb each other.

Best wishes,
Campinas, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed there 3 nights at the end of march. Room #205 I think.
First the good side: the location is ok for a first timer in LA, the decoration is really nice, the room was huge and the diner we had at the restaurant was really good.
The (very) bad: service. Complete desaster. Whatever you need, you always have the impression that you're disturbing the guy at the reception....Well in fact you might disturb him as he spent most of his time playing with his I-phone....Each morninh we passed right in front of the reception to go having breakfast and not one day the guy looked up at us to say hello....
Breakfast: same stuff, with the exception of one girl, all the rest of the staff looked bored and with no will to be nice...
The room was pretty noisy as it was on the second floor, right up the front door.....Many noisy people laughing and talking loud at night when leaving the restaurant or the bar.
Last but not least: on the last day, after checking out we were about to take our rental car to leave to San Francisco....Well, they just had lost our key at the valet parking....
So of course,you're going to think: "ok they screwed up, they're going to be nice". Not really. With the exception of the valet guy who looked really anxious and willing to resolve this, all the other, from the reception guy to the valet manager were not that worried....We had to wait for 3 hours, in the lobby (the reception guy didn't let us going back to our room) and after inumerous phone calls to Avis, they finally sent another car.
Of course, Avis was charging the exchange of the car and told so to the valet manager. Of course, this will be charged to MY credit card.
The answer of the valet manager (Soty of I remember) was to write down is phone number on a piece of paper and tell me that, when leaving the car at the airport, I should ask for Avis to call him...So nice when you've got to take a plane...
But, as you pay US$300/night maybe you canot expect a better service?
The cherry on the cake was when the valet manager came back to me saying "okay, we're gonna take away from your bill the parking fee of your stay (US$38/night), so please, when reviewing, you should be nice...."
Nearly a month after: they didn't refund all the fees and I lost 30mn at the Avis counter at the airport....
So, as I've seen on tripavisor, they're many more hotels on LA which are as nice and well located as this one...I really wouldn't recomend, very, very disapointed with the service....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I would love to speak with you personally about your visit and ensure that you are properly credited for any additional expenses as we have been reassured several times by Avis that those fees were waived. We are truly sorry for this experience and will do whatever we can to help make it right. I can be reached at david.lang@theredbury.com or 323.962.1717.
Best wished,
David Lang

Been to The Redbury Hollywood? Share your experiences!