“Great pad to chill” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 318 hotels in Los Angeles
london
“Great pad to chill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Very comfortable, spacious rooms. Great style and decor. In room vintage record player is a lovely touch, however the vinyl clearly has not been looked after!

Avoid the horrendously expensive but very tempting mini-bar and bring your own - will save you a fortune!
If you are looking for a DVD to watch whilst in the room head down to the awesome awesome Ameoba music which has an enormous selection of second hand DVDs. I would suggest the hotel starts a collection for guests though.

As far as the infamous nightclub we were situated next door to a music venue which did get noisy one night but quietened down at about 11. The comfy bed more than made up for it though.

Personally I liked west Hollywood (full of character) although it may be a bit grungy for some expecting the glamour of Hollywood.

Be sure to visit Universal studios whilst in the area.

• Stayed April 2013

372 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The hotel is cool, trendy and unique. My room was comfortable, big and has a real charm. The staff is young and helpful, we didn't have any problems with them even when I asked to go to the club to buy a beer (I was wearing shorts, shirt and flip-flops).

However I wouldn't recommend you to stay here if you want to rest. At night the whole thing becomes a nightclub, you can clearly hear the music and people talking. It wasn't a problem for me and my wife as we were really tired, otherwise we would have some drinks there.

I wasn't very impressed with the area. I think Santa Monica and Venice beach would suit me better as an area.

Be aware that everything is far in LA. I drove from Hollywood to Santa Monica and took me more than a hour to get there.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms opposite to the nightclub/bar.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

A unique boutique hotel that puts much larger 5 star properties to shame. The rooms (which are actually full suites & apartments) are opulent in a tasteful sense. The staff are friendly, well mannered and provide an exceptional guest experience (without the fluff)! This is without doubt one of the coolest hotels in LA (just check out some of the A-list celebs who have stayed and partied here). If I was an owner of a hotel or nightclub in the US right now I would be paying some serious attention to the name 'Sam Nazarian'.
Thoroughly enjoyed my stay. If I could knit pick on something, the noise from the street could be a little loud at times but I believe they are putting in double glazing in the near future to remedy the situation.

If you loathe the colour red, this is probably not the hotel for you!! For everyone else, it is.

ps - for those of you who are fans of Anthony Bourdain (I am indeed).... I believe he is on his way to the Redbury soon!!

Room Tip: Fantastic bar with some great live bands, but if your room is too close it can be a little loud.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I'm a photographer/videographer so I've worked in pretty much every hotel in LA, Hollywood, Beverly Hills over the years shooting weddings and whatnot and I can say that the Redbury ranks as the "coolest" and most "hip" hotel I've ever been in. The decor is very "hollywood" and the rooms are large, and comfortable...bonus, if you're a photographer, you'll love the natural light that the rooms get thanks to it's large windows. I stayed here for a short romantic getaway with my lady and our expectations were exceeded in all areas. The staff, the location, the cleanliness, space, etc....all top notch. It's in a very convenient location too if you want to fall prey to the tourist traps on Hollywood Blvd. if not, Beverly Hills and the other sights to see in LA are not far. Definitely recommend staying here, it's by far the coolest hotel in LA.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Burleigh Heads, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel with a lot of character in the heart of Hollywood. We were fortunate to be upgraded to the largest 2 br suite (301) and had a fabulous stay for our last nite in the States.
Nothing was a problem for Ellis, the concierge.
Suite was great. Lots of attention to detail. Record player & records supplied, kitchenette, comfy bedding, lovely clean bathroom facilities.
This place has it all. Would definitely return.

• Stayed March 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Just spent the last 3 nights there, with my wife and kids. The staff is extremely kind and professional. We had a great dinner at Cleo and also at Katsuya. There is no other hotel that offers what i feel is a true LA experience other than the Redbury. thanks for another great weekend!! Oh !!!!!they also upgraded my room at check in!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The décor and furnishings were really well done. I would rate that part 5 stars. The rooms have small details / touches that we really appreciated! The vinyl player, the wallpaper, layout, furniture, four poster bed etc

The bar had great cocktails and the service there was excellent!

The not so great part about our experience:

- Our room was on the same level as the bar and open terrace area & you can hear / see people outside our balcony till about 2 am
- The room service part was not so great. They either fumbled what we ordered or we had to call multiple times to check on the order/delays
- only one ice machine (not on our floor)
- Pricey overnight valet parking

Room Tip: Do not stay on the same floor as the bar.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
DavidLangGM, General Manager at The Redbury, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear prabhu090,
Thank you for choosing The Redbury @ Hollywood and Vine while in Los Angeles! Please accept our apologies for the challenges with noise for the lively bar scene in the Library during your stay. We completed a soundproofing project on the rooms that face the night club to our north last week and will begin work on the rooms facing the court yard in the coming months. In the meantime, we will do a better job of controlling the volume and be sure to close the outdoor patio at a reasonable hour. Please feel to contact me directly for assistance with your next reservation, so I can ensure you receive a quiet room.
Best wishes,
David Lang

Been to The Redbury? Share your experiences!