“Nightclub” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
Melbourne
“Nightclub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The hotel is cool, trendy and unique. My room was comfortable, big and has a real charm. The staff is young and helpful, we didn't have any problems with them even when I asked to go to the club to buy a beer (I was wearing shorts, shirt and flip-flops).

However I wouldn't recommend you to stay here if you want to rest. At night the whole thing becomes a nightclub, you can clearly hear the music and people talking. It wasn't a problem for me and my wife as we were really tired, otherwise we would have some drinks there.

I wasn't very impressed with the area. I think Santa Monica and Venice beach would suit me better as an area.

Be aware that everything is far in LA. I drove from Hollywood to Santa Monica and took me more than a hour to get there.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms opposite to the nightclub/bar.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I'm a photographer/videographer so I've worked in pretty much every hotel in LA, Hollywood, Beverly Hills over the years shooting weddings and whatnot and I can say that the Redbury ranks as the "coolest" and most "hip" hotel I've ever been in. The decor is very "hollywood" and the rooms are large, and comfortable...bonus, if you're a photographer, you'll love the natural light that the rooms get thanks to it's large windows. I stayed here for a short romantic getaway with my lady and our expectations were exceeded in all areas. The staff, the location, the cleanliness, space, etc....all top notch. It's in a very convenient location too if you want to fall prey to the tourist traps on Hollywood Blvd. if not, Beverly Hills and the other sights to see in LA are not far. Definitely recommend staying here, it's by far the coolest hotel in LA.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Burleigh Heads, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel with a lot of character in the heart of Hollywood. We were fortunate to be upgraded to the largest 2 br suite (301) and had a fabulous stay for our last nite in the States.
Nothing was a problem for Ellis, the concierge.
Suite was great. Lots of attention to detail. Record player & records supplied, kitchenette, comfy bedding, lovely clean bathroom facilities.
This place has it all. Would definitely return.

• Stayed March 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Just spent the last 3 nights there, with my wife and kids. The staff is extremely kind and professional. We had a great dinner at Cleo and also at Katsuya. There is no other hotel that offers what i feel is a true LA experience other than the Redbury. thanks for another great weekend!! Oh !!!!!they also upgraded my room at check in!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The décor and furnishings were really well done. I would rate that part 5 stars. The rooms have small details / touches that we really appreciated! The vinyl player, the wallpaper, layout, furniture, four poster bed etc

The bar had great cocktails and the service there was excellent!

The not so great part about our experience:

- Our room was on the same level as the bar and open terrace area & you can hear / see people outside our balcony till about 2 am
- The room service part was not so great. They either fumbled what we ordered or we had to call multiple times to check on the order/delays
- only one ice machine (not on our floor)
- Pricey overnight valet parking

Room Tip: Do not stay on the same floor as the bar.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
DavidLangGM, General Manager at The Redbury Hollywood, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear prabhu090,
Thank you for choosing The Redbury @ Hollywood and Vine while in Los Angeles! Please accept our apologies for the challenges with noise for the lively bar scene in the Library during your stay. We completed a soundproofing project on the rooms that face the night club to our north last week and will begin work on the rooms facing the court yard in the coming months. In the meantime, we will do a better job of controlling the volume and be sure to close the outdoor patio at a reasonable hour. Please feel to contact me directly for assistance with your next reservation, so I can ensure you receive a quiet room.
Best wishes,
David Lang
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

This place is a little special. As a regular hotel guest most hotels look the same. The Redburry is totally different in a good way. Striking yet everything is comfortable and gorgeous.
Being able to listen to some vynl records was a great touch. I could live in this condo.

• Stayed March 2013
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stayed here for my bf's birthday weekend and we had a fabulous time. We were graciously upgraded to a 1bd suite, walked into our room and was blown away. The decor is fabulous, lots of dark, rich accents, big 4-poster bed, 2 flat-screen TVs, baffled robes, spacious kitchen with Keurig coffee maker, cool record player in living room, nice-sized patio-area, beautiful frames and posh wallpaper....AND they gave us a free bottle of white wine for my bf's bday! Talk about making us feel special and the details the hotel staff pay attention to is impeccable. We also had a small group for a surprise dinner at their fabulous restaurant, the Cleo...the host was so great and made sure all the guests were seated and personally called me when our party was seated so we can come down from our fabulous room for a successful surprise. The food was pricey but it was delicious! The restaurant is boutique-style, lots of beautiful people, and we were in the company of Tony Canal from the band, "No Doubt" (one of my favorite bands!) having dinner 2 tables away. The drinks were on-point, the food was delish, our server (Dan) was great with recommending dishes...couldn't be happier with our overall experience. I am now an SBE fan and will revisit the Redbury and other SBE hotels. Overnight valet parking is expensive but hey, we're in Hollywood...so expected. Must stay at this hotel if you are ever in Hollywood! We will definitely be back... :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple