We wanted somewhere different and a bit special for a short LA stay and the Redbury delivered in spades.
The Redbury is an oasis of warm elegance in a city which overflows with trendy but cold decor. A bit disappointing to find it located next to an unattractive car park, but once iside you are enveloped in the stylish retro ambience. Beautifully appointed room with plenty of space to rest and relax and a private balcony is a definite bonus for any guest who is a smoker (no trek downstairs and outside).
Extremely friendly and helpful staff and being able to extend our checkout to 1pm was a definite bonus, as was having our bags minded as we weren't catching the airport shuttle till 6pm. The use of the 'town car' to be chauffeured to The Grove shopping centre was brilliant considering we'd already technically check out. That was really an unexpected surprise and very much appreciated.
As others have mentioned, the noise from the Atrium does noeed to be considered if you're staying on a Saturday night and if party noise is going to bother you. However I was pleasantly surprised to find the noise ceased pretty much around 1am and we didn't really find it too much of an issue.
Lovely food both in the restaurant, breakfast and room service.
We did have two minor issues which we hadn't expected in a hotel of this class :
1. The pillows are terrible. Lovely if you're propped up in bed watching tv but to sleep on they flatten out too much and become hard.
2. No tea! We're not into coffee and there was only a coffee makes for a hot beveridge. On calling the host to check if I could get some tea bags I was told the only tea available would be herbal. Very disappointed as I was really hanging out for a cup of tea.
However, these minor details didn't detract from an extemely enjoyable stay and the Redbury will definitely be my hotel of choice on future stays in LA., Love love love this place.
- Also Known As:
- The Redbury @ Hollywood And Vine Hotel
- The Redbury @ Hollywood And Vine Hotel Los Angeles
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tablet Hotels, Venere, Priceline, EasyToBook, Otel, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Redbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.