“Your own flat in Hollywood” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now & Save Later!
Ranked #8 of 318 hotels in Los Angeles
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Your own flat in Hollywood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

My stay at The Redbury was one of the most unique, comfortable and cool hotel experiences I have had in Los Angeles. I live in Las Vegas, and often travel to LA for work and pleasure. I have stayed at most of the 4 star hotels in Hollywood, and hands down, The Redbury is the best.

I have dreamed of staying here ever since walking by the hotel on my way to Pantages a couple of years ago. I had heard such great things about it, and all the online reviews have been spectacular. I was a little afraid that the experience would not meet expectations. Luckily, The Redbury more than exceeded all those expectations.

First of all, I got a great deal online through the hotel website by pre paying for a non-refundable room. I booked the Vine Suite. Valet and check in were a breeze, and room was ready on time. The staff were all friendly and personable, unlike some of the other somewhat snooty establishments in Hollywood. Every staff member I encountered seemed genuinely concerned that my stay was comfortable and hassle free.

My room was awesome. As you can tell from pictures, the decor has a funky, eclectic, old Hollywood / Rock Star quality. The Vine Suite room 414 was on the corner with great views Hollywood and Vine, as well as views of the courtyard, bar area. The room was huge with a full living area, kitchen, large bathroom and balcony. You really feel as if you are staying in your own flat in Hollywood. The kitchen has a small fridge, a couple of gas burners, sink, microwave and breakfast bar with bar stools. It was well stocked with nibbles, alcohol and other refreshments (for purchase, of course).

The bed was super comfortable, and my room lacked any of the loud club noise I've heard about in other reviews. I was able to get a perfect nights sleep, both nights without any problem. There was a small private party at the bar and in the courtyard, but I really didn't notice the noise and literally enjoyed a coma-like sleep both nights.

You are walking distance to the Pantages, and about a mile from Hollywood and Highland. I took the subway there one evening, as there is a metro station about a block away in front of the W. I also walked to Trader Joe's, which is a block away, to stock the fridge with some snacks. They leave a couple of shelves in the fridge empty for your own food and drinks. I also thoroughly enjoyed room service for both dinner and breakfast. The food from Cleo, the restaurant in the hotel, was outstanding.

I am looking forward to another opportunity to stay at The Redbury, my new home away from home in Hollywood.

Room Tip: Room 414 was quite, and had great balcony views of Hollywood and Vine. If you can, book a non-refun...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
DavidLangGM, General Manager at The Redbury, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear stargazer444,
We are excited to your new home away from home in Hollywood. So glad you got that feeling. We’d let you move right in, if we could and can’t wait for your next visit.
Cheers,

371 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Spent an extended weekend in Hollywood to catch a show and hang out. Wanted a decent hotel near our show and what we found was much more than decent. The Redbury was everything the web site led us to believe it would be. Enormous rooms with a great old Hollywood meets modern class style that was very cool.

We arrived in time for dinner Friday night and the restaurant Cleo was off the hook. Very lively and fun. The Library bar was really cool as well. Went there both Friday and Saturday night. Good music, great drinks and a nice vibe. The favorite cocktail for our group was definitely the Vinebury. The room service and attentive staff made all the difference. Anything we needed was immediately provided at a moments notice. The location is amazing. Hollywood and Vine is so central you can step out your door and walk/subway it anywhere and feel like you're in New York or take your car out of valet and be to any major destination quickly. Looking forward to another weekend at The Redbury!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This place is the definition of cool and funky. The room I stayed in was very large --- an entire family could stay there! -- and was decorated in such a funky and edgy way that I can hardly begin to describe it. But it was a genuine cool, and not like it was trying too hard.

I really liked the location, at Hollywood and Vine, because I wanted to be in the heart of the action. I enjoyed walking all over the place to see what Hollywood was all about. There was a lot going on at all times. Even in the hotel there was a lot happening, especially at night, for better or worse.

Because at night the masses descend upon the Redbury to indulge in its night club life. Sometimes that feels like your private sanctuary is being invaded by strangers, so it's best to dive right in and join them!

Here's a dealbreaker tip: get a room that is AWAY from the alleyway, because all night long the empty beer bottles from the nightclub are tossed out into the trash by the armful and they make that crashing sound that is impossible to ignore.

The staff was great all around, and it was very nice to be able to park your car at the hotel within the hotel's own garage...

Room Tip: Avoid the alley-side rooms.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Stratford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I need to mention that I did not stay in this hotel as an overnight guest, but I had some friends who were staying there, and having heard about it, I asked to see it. So this will be a short review based on what I saw. And it was awesome.

The room my friends were staying in had a record player, with real records for them to play during their stay, a kitchenette (I think?) there was definitely a kitchen. Beautifully decorated with Hollywood memorabilia, including an old skool map of LA. And a personal patio!

The staff was not shy about asking my 5000 questions even though I said I was a friend of guests and was not staying there. They saw that they have a very excited potential future customer.

I wish I'd written this sooner because I this was over a month ago, but it left a lasting enough impression that I am campaigning to stay at this place for at least one night next time we are in L.A. Which is a lot. We usually stay with family, but next time, Redbury, I am updating my review from a guest perspective. I can hardly wait.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

You know this hotel is going to be something special the second you pull up to it.

The rooms are absolutely huge and amazing. Everything from the random vinyl records to the couches, kitchen, and the bathrooms are done with a funky & upbeat style of class.

I would definitely recommend this place to stay at, and to take wedding pictures at if you're getting married in Los Angeles.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
DavidLangGM, General Manager at The Redbury, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear FightOnTrojans5,
We’re thrilled you chose our hotel and had such a great time. Everyone at The Redbury takes great pride in insuring that it is “something special,” and you’re right about being a great location for wedding photos. Check out our Facebook page to see a few.
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The rooms are very big. Large kitchen area, sitting area, bedroom. Bathroom also very big. Dark and romantic with very cool decor. Nice patio also !! Would recomend ! Did ask for city view when making reservation and did not get it. Also, valet a little high. Location very good !

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear wayne m,
We were pleased to see how much you enjoyed your flat at The Redbury despite not getting the view that you requested. Please accept our apologies for that over sight. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We had the best stay at The Redbury this past weeked. We stayed of 3 nights and loved the flat-style rooms. Cool, clean, funky and our favorite hotel ever! We will be back to stay there again for certan.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear amprychidny,

Thank you for your kind words about The Redbury…”Cool, Funky, Fun & Comfortable” is the exact vibe that we are aiming for and we love being your “favorite hotel ever!” Thanks again, and hurry back.

David Lang

Been to The Redbury? Share your experiences!