My stay at The Redbury was one of the most unique, comfortable and cool hotel experiences I have had in Los Angeles. I live in Las Vegas, and often travel to LA for work and pleasure. I have stayed at most of the 4 star hotels in Hollywood, and hands down, The Redbury is the best.
I have dreamed of staying here ever since walking by the hotel on my way to Pantages a couple of years ago. I had heard such great things about it, and all the online reviews have been spectacular. I was a little afraid that the experience would not meet expectations. Luckily, The Redbury more than exceeded all those expectations.
First of all, I got a great deal online through the hotel website by pre paying for a non-refundable room. I booked the Vine Suite. Valet and check in were a breeze, and room was ready on time. The staff were all friendly and personable, unlike some of the other somewhat snooty establishments in Hollywood. Every staff member I encountered seemed genuinely concerned that my stay was comfortable and hassle free.
My room was awesome. As you can tell from pictures, the decor has a funky, eclectic, old Hollywood / Rock Star quality. The Vine Suite room 414 was on the corner with great views Hollywood and Vine, as well as views of the courtyard, bar area. The room was huge with a full living area, kitchen, large bathroom and balcony. You really feel as if you are staying in your own flat in Hollywood. The kitchen has a small fridge, a couple of gas burners, sink, microwave and breakfast bar with bar stools. It was well stocked with nibbles, alcohol and other refreshments (for purchase, of course).
The bed was super comfortable, and my room lacked any of the loud club noise I've heard about in other reviews. I was able to get a perfect nights sleep, both nights without any problem. There was a small private party at the bar and in the courtyard, but I really didn't notice the noise and literally enjoyed a coma-like sleep both nights.
You are walking distance to the Pantages, and about a mile from Hollywood and Highland. I took the subway there one evening, as there is a metro station about a block away in front of the W. I also walked to Trader Joe's, which is a block away, to stock the fridge with some snacks. They leave a couple of shelves in the fridge empty for your own food and drinks. I also thoroughly enjoyed room service for both dinner and breakfast. The food from Cleo, the restaurant in the hotel, was outstanding.
I am looking forward to another opportunity to stay at The Redbury, my new home away from home in Hollywood.
- Also Known As:
- The Redbury @ Hollywood And Vine Hotel
- The Redbury @ Hollywood And Vine Hotel Los Angeles
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to your new home away from home. Situated at the iconic intersection of Hollywood & Vine, our all suite hotel offers spacious flats as an unpretentious refuge with all the creature comforts you need to unwind after hitting your favorite Hollywood arts, music, fashion and entertainment hotspots ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tablet Hotels, TIG Global, Expedia, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Otel and Venere so you can book your The Redbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.